Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign DE Isaac Rochell

JediXMan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Might not move the needle a ton but we need solid depth. Autry gone, Turay is trash, Banogu? Definitly need more but its a start. ND guy is just gravy.

Turay isn't  trash. Just injured  like Campbell.  Banogu has been trash so far

54 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

You have NO CLUE where we are with Cap Space because you have NO CLUE what contracts they are working on. Good grief get a grip please!
 I heard they are wanting to sign Pascall for 3 years in the $18M range.
Is that OK with you?

So we're not signing top free agents in important positions that we need Because of a #4 WR?? haha

Not sure pascal will get $6 mill per and even if did that shouldn't get the thrifty colts close to cap.

You seem the one who has NO CLUE.

7 hours ago, NorthernColt said:

Yeah 2018 looked like a breakout year for him. 2019 looks like he got lost in the shuffle, only played like 200 snaps. 2020, ending up playing more, but still not even 500 snaps. Production isnt bad considering. 

Big edge, Sheard like build. Looks like an AQM replacement. Kinda sucks, I liked AQM so I hope I'm wrong.

No he's not replacing AQM

28 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I disagree. 

I don't know who their QB will eventually be, but regardless, I predict Belichek wins the East and will be the team to beat in the AFC. 

With Cam at qb they aren't winning the east

maybe they want to see what our guys can do at DE . with veterans like autry and houston taking snaps away from the young guys last year , they may want to see what they can do with more snaps .   maybe  more lewis to DE and start turray and lewis with ben and  rochelle as back up or move rochelle to back up buckner and draft someone .

At some point our young guys have to be developed and not given up on so quickly if ben , turray and lewis get going and turn into true great starters our defensive line will be elite .   same with rock , tell , and rogers at corner .   ballard likes to develop his guys and pay his guys .

24 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

At some point our young guys have to be developed and not given up on so quickly if ben , turray and lewis get going and turn into true great starters our defensive line will be elite .   same with rock , tell , and rogers at corner .   ballard likes to develop his guys and pay his guys .

Not all guys develop though.

Lewis is a tweener, but I like his development. Hopefully he can step up and be an Autry like guy, with Autry like production. Keep in mind that Indy tried to re-sign Autry, so it's fair to say Lewis starting was likely at least Plan-B.

Turay is the best shot at developing DE1 type of guy that can play 3 downs. He was considered better vs the run than pass in the draft, so perhaps he can take a major step this season. I still think it's a reach to start him as a 3 down guy to start the season. At minimum, I'd bring Houston back for one more year to help at the position.

Banogu simply hasn't shown anything good. 

My biggest hope right now is we take a DE with our first pick, but the way FA is turning out so far for Indy, I think we'll be trading back to acquire picks. Still a long way to go, and a lot can happen, so perhaps my opinion will change again.

Here's an article on IR. Apologies if posted already.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/3/19/22340838/film-room-what-does-isaac-rochell-bring-to-the-colts

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I heard they are wanting to sign Pascall for 3 years in the $18M range.
Is that OK with you?

Honest question. Do you think Pascal at 6M a year is a good value for someone that's a backup X, and #4/#5 WR?

Where did you see that reported?

what a crappy signing and for the first time... what is Ballard doing?

Yes he has hit the jackpot once or two, but honestly, mention a player we have signed in free agency during Ballards tenure that has come in on a cheap contract, and really made a difference?

This dude wont make any impact and other teams are laughing at the colts right now.

ballard needs to make the team better, not just think about economics all the time... with this approach each year, we wont wine jacksh----it

42 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Yes he has hit the jackpot once or two, but honestly, mention a player we have signed in free agency during Ballards tenure that has come in on a cheap contract, and really made a difference?

This dude wont make any impact and other teams are laughing at the colts right now.

ballard needs to make the team better, not just think about economics all the time... with this approach each year, we wont wine jacksh----it

What free agent player has Ballard bought cheap and he turned out well?   Hmmm?

How about Xavier Rhodes?   
How about Kenny Moore?

How about Eric Ebron?

How about Zac Pascal?

How about Mark Glowinski?

How about George Odom?

How about TJ Carrie?

How about AQ Muhammed?

How about Pierre Desir?   (Or was he a Grigson sign?) 

I won’t mention Justin Houston because we didn’t buy him cheap.   Paid full price. 

Anyway, that’s the list off the top of my head. 

1 hour ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I disagree.

It's very easy for us to say the Colts should be signing a high priced free agent or two if we only look at their available cap space and not look at the likely impact it has down the road.

I think most people were glad the Colts were able to acquire Deforest Buckner last year. They were able to because of 1) how Ballard has managed the Colts cap and 2) how the 49ers managed their cap. (signing Kwon Alexander and trading for Dee Ford the previous year)

If the Colts improve next year most of it will come from 1) growth from their young players (Pittman, Blackmon, etc) and 2) Wentz and if he is better than Rivers. Giving Carl Lawson $15+ million (or any of the top free agents) wasn't going to improve this team as much as 1 and 2 and would be a decision this team likely regretted. (just like they would have regretted signing Landon Collins, Le'veon Bell, etc when people were asking for them when they were the "top" free agents)

As for Rochell, it's nothing to get excited or upset over. Hopefully he doesn't play a ton of snaps as it will mean other guys are healthy and the more talented guys are playing better.

55 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

take a deep breath lol. This is a depth signing, not a starter signing. It's likely to replace AQM's spot. 

There are some people on here that I’m thankful I don’t have to count on to go into battle with.  Panic is a sign of weakness.  Patience is a virtue.  I’ll take a patient person to face the unknown with any day.  

Football and building a team is a lot about the unknown.  You panic, you fail.  Being patient provides great opportunity as well as allows you to pick the right risks to pursue.  I’ll take patience every day.  

8 minutes ago, joecolts said:

There are some people on here that I’m thankful I don’t have to count on to go into battle with.  Panic is a sign of weakness.  Patience is a virtue.  I’ll take a patient person to face the unknown with any day.  

Football and building a team is a lot about the unknown.  You panic, you fail.  Being patient provides great opportunity as well as allows you to pick the right risks to pursue.  I’ll take patience every day.  

So did the Rams panic or are they a legit contender? Is New England panicking? Colts are starting to remind me of Green Bay except we don't have Aaron Rodgers...

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

So did the Rams panic or are they a legit contender? Is New England panicking? Colts are starting to remind me of Green Bay except we don't have Aaron Rodgers...

Those teams aren’t my concern and they’re success or failure isn’t either.  My point is when you panic and display it so freely, it shows weakness.  If you’re panicking, breathe.  Never let it show.  My post isn’t about teams, it’s about people on this board.  As I’ve said before, each have a right to post and say as they choose but, I believe patience will prevail. 

6 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Autry, Rhodes, Houston, Glow, Ebron, Rivers, and Carrie.  Those are all free agents he signed that made a deference.  

That also doesn’t count finding guys like Desire, Moore, and Pascal who have made impacts.  It also doesn’t count trading for Wentz, Jacoby, and Buckner.  

Ballard has proven he’s good at finding talent both in the draft and out of the draft.  He’s also shown he’s willing spend money when he feels its the right guy.  Rivers, Houston, Buckner, and Wentz being the most prime examples.  So pretty much your whole rant is factually wrong.

I am legit curious about how many of the people who are all over Ballard right now were singing his praises for getting Wentz for a relatively cheap price this off-season?  Because it’s that same set a price and don’t budge mentality that lead to that trade.  When the Eagles were trying to bluff him into upping his price he wouldn’t do it and paid off.  

21 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Is 98 retired?

I think it’s out of circulation like 87 and 88 so not officially retired but you are going to have to be really special to get to wear it.  

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Autry, Rhodes, Houston, Glow, Ebron, Rivers, and Carrie.  Those are all free agents he signed that made a deference.  

That also doesn’t count finding guys like Desire, Moore, and Pascal who have made impacts.  It also doesn’t count trading for Wentz, Jacoby, and Buckner.  

Ballard has proven he’s good at finding talent both in the draft and out of the draft.  He’s also shown he’s willing spend money when he feels its the right guy.  Rivers, Houston, Buckner, and Wentz being the most prime examples.  So pretty much your whole rant is factually wrong.

I am legit curious about how many of the people who are all over Ballard right now were singing his praises for getting Wentz for a relatively cheap price this off-season?  Because it’s that same set a price and don’t budge mentality that lead to that trade.  When the Eagles were trying to bluff him into upping his price he wouldn’t do it and paid off.  

I think it’s out of circulation like 87 and 88 so not officially retired but you are going to have to be really special to get to wear it.  

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

What free agent player has Ballard bought cheap and he turned out well?   Hmmm?

How about Xavier Rhodes?   
How about Kenny Moore?

How about Eric Ebron?

How about Zac Pascal?

How about Mark Glowinski?

How about George Odom?

How about TJ Carrie?

How about AQ Muhammed?

How about Pierre Desir?   (Or was he a Grigson sign?) 

I won’t mention Justin Houston because we didn’t buy him cheap.   Paid full price. 

Anyway, that’s the list off the top of my head. 

Theres been even more than that. Margus Hunt signing everybody laughed at. Came in and balled out first year. Got some value out of that one.  Jon Bostic wasnt bad, and neithr was Rashaan Melvin. How about Barkevious Mingo?

15 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Crappy signing?    This is a great low risk signing.    You want to have several of these each season.   

Archived