Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz is in California with Pittman and Patmon

59 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is no contract without a signature. 

He was already under contract when he was traded.  I don't think they changed the terms of the contract. I would think all the Eagles have to do is assign the contract to the Colts and they take it over.  No additional signature required.  

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There is no contract without a signature. 

Wentz already has a contract that is signed.   From Philadelphia.   The Eagles trade the rights to Wentz with his signed contract to the Colts.    So the signature is already done. 

32 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We have some real nice young WR pieces in Pittman,Patmon,Harris and hopefully Campbell  healthy as 5th.  Question is do we resign T.Y. ? Pascal ? Bring in a vet, draft  rookie high ?  

Pascal WILL be back.  Count on it.   At his year end news conference Ballard went out of his way to say that Luck, Brissett and Rivers ALL loved throwing to Pascal.   Case made.

Hilton is the big question mark.    No way to know.   

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Pascal WILL be back.  Count on it.   At his year end news conference Ballard went out of his way to say that Luck, Brissett and Rivers ALL loved throwing to Pascal.   Case made.

Hilton is the big question mark.    No way to know.   

I agree, if I had to put a % on Pascal being back I would put it at 90%. TY is 50/50, this a mystery so far and nobody is saying much in the media about it. Neither is TY or Ballard talking of his situation that I know of. I would think TY would love to finish his career here but I could be wrong. He is a trueColt and can still probably get a decent 2 yr deal here, but who knows?

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

We have some real nice young WR pieces in Pittman,Patmon,Harris and hopefully Campbell  healthy as 5th.  Question is do we resign T.Y. ? Pascal ? Bring in a vet, draft  rookie high ?  

Pascal, cox, and Odum will probably be tendered before Wed. The question with pascal will it be a first or second round tender. I saw the amounts each one would cost and it wasn’t much. My guess is he will get a first or second round tender. Cox and Odum are a different story. Ballard said pascal would be back when asked directly.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Instagram didn’t show so here it is from twitter. 

Wentz needs some sun on those legs. Good lord had to find my sunglasses looking at that pic... 

53 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Patmon looks like a TE...wonder if he could split out and play the Ertz role for the Colts 

Nah, he's just standing next to too somewhat skinny guys with chicken legs and small chests. Put him next to one of our TEs and you'd see the difference.

Also, just in general, the biggest beef about Patmon is that he's never played up to his size, so taking TE type snaps I doubt is in the cards right now. I could see him running from the slot (similar to TE), but I wouldn't anticipate any possession type TE routes. I'd love to see him, Pittman, MAC, and Doyle in some RZ sets. 

51 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

I really wish Harris was out there with them.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, if I had to put a % on Pascal being back I would put it at 90%. TY is 50/50, this a mystery so far and nobody is saying much in the media about it. Neither is TY or Ballard talking of his situation that I know of. I would think TY would love to finish his career here but I could be wrong. He is a trueColt and can still probably get a decent 2 yr deal here, but who knows?

Pascal is a RFA, so I'd say it's 99% he'll be back. 

On TY, I would think both sides would love for it to work out. Ballard I'm sure is happy to let TY test the market. Not sure he'll get the offers he wants, from the type of teams he would want to be on. I personally would love for it to work out, but I'd prioritize Rhodes, Houston, and Autry (or better FA DEs and CBs) over TY. I think even if we do bring him back, we should go WR at least in the mid rounds.

I'd also make some offers to guys like Curtis Samuel. I think he'd do really well here at either slot of Z. And then you have guys like Marvin Jones, Antonio Brown, Sammy Watkins, and Agholor. Keenan Cole is another guy to take a look at too. None of those names would break the bank. I'd also give speedy Perriman a shot too and he'll be very cheap.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Pascal, cox, and Odum will probably be tendered before Wed. The question with pascal will it be a first or second round tender. I saw the amounts each one would cost and it wasn’t much. My guess is he will get a first or second round tender. Cox and Odum are a different story. Ballard said pascal would be back when asked directly.

Pascal won't get a 1st round tender.

15 hours ago, gnet550 said:

Patmon looks like a TE...wonder if he could split out and play the Ertz role for the Colts 

I’ve been wondering the same thing. He’s got the size; 6’4” 225, and speed 4.48 40. Stranger things have happened, ie. Smith going to RT with “short” arms.

He’s 22. Either way, it will be interesting to see how/if the Colts will use him. 

17 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I’ve been wondering the same thing. He’s got the size; 6’4” 225, and speed 4.48 40. Stranger things have happened, ie. Smith going to RT with “short” arms.

He’s 22. Either way, it will be interesting to see how/if the Colts will use him. 

If Wentz is even near what he was in 2017 we can be dangerous with a good draft especially. The Colts are a well rounded team with pretty good talent in several area's.

Honestly, I had forgotten about Patmon. The guy looks huge but main knock was he doesn’t play to his size. I believe the Colts kept him on the 53 all season like Eason bc they knew a team would claim them if they tried moving them to the practice squad.  Hopefully Patmon is becoming more aggressive and can start taking backup snaps this year and fill in if there are any injuries. WR does take a couple seasons for a lot of players bc of the amount of routes that change at the LOS depending on coverage.  If he continues his development, Campbell and Pittman can stay healthy(I think they will) and add in Pascal, this is a solid WR group to pair with our RBs and TEs.  Not a lot of star power but plenty of very good players capable of having a big game.  Defenses will have a hard time with this offense. 

22 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Honestly, I had forgotten about Patmon. The guy looks huge but main knock was he doesn’t play to his size. I believe the Colts kept him on the 53 all season like Eason bc they knew a team would claim them if they tried moving them to the practice squad.  Hopefully Patmon is becoming more aggressive and can start taking backup snaps this year and fill in if there are any injuries. WR does take a couple seasons for a lot of players bc of the amount of routes that change at the LOS depending on coverage.  If he continues his development, Campbell and Pittman can stay healthy(I think they will) and add in Pascal, this is a solid WR group to pair with our RBs and TEs.  Not a lot of star power but plenty of very good players capable of having a big game.  Defenses will have a hard time with this offense. 

Has Patman played enough to determine he don't play up to his size, or is that something you read that someone said? 

Personally I haven't seen him enough to judge what kind of WR he is. What I have seen he looked pretty goof. 

37 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Has Patman played enough to determine he don't play up to his size, or is that something you read that someone said? 

Personally I haven't seen him enough to judge what kind of WR he is. What I have seen he looked pretty goof. 

That was the knock on him coming into the league. Doesn't playt o his size and lacked toughness and wasn't agressive  in one on one and jump ball situations. 

35 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

That was the knock on him coming into the league. Doesn't playt o his size and lacked toughness and wasn't agressive  in one on one and jump ball situations. 

So he played like a 6th round rookie that didn't play one full game in the NFL? 

How surprising. :dunno:

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I’m not sure if he has played much. Going off what was said when he was drafted.  I guess we don’t really know but he was obviously a project pick in 6th round.  Hoping he has a good offseason and earns more snaps this year.  

29 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I’m not sure if he has played much. Going off what was said when he was drafted.  I guess we don’t really know but he was obviously a project pick in 6th round.  Hoping he has a good offseason and earns more snaps this year.  

Hopefully him being coached up and watching what it takes to play in the NFL rubbed off. 

Being around Pittman should serve him well. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Hopefully him being coached up and watching what it takes to play in the NFL rubbed off. 

Being around Pittman should serve him well. 

I hope he makes the team this season.  MPJ would be heartbroken if they cut his son.  

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's mostly been his college assessment coming into the league.   It's up to him to prove the "experts" were wrong.

Archived