Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 21st pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Colts select

31 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Pick my brain...

All I hear when people trash Jones is he played for Alabama

I'm fine hearing opinions but wanna hear actual details why you don't like him and facets of his game 

My biggest thing against him is he has 2 first round pick WRs in Waddle and Smith, while Najee Harris is also a possible 1st rounder. I will have to see how he does at the combine but I could look great at QB with those players around me.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Trey Lance or Zach Wilson. Trade up if we have to. Gotta find and start grooming our franchise QB of the future while our core players are still so young.

Are you saying trade up for them and let them sit behind Rivers for a year or is Rivers gone and they start next year?

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Are you saying trade up for them and let them sit behind Rivers for a year or is Rivers gone and they start next year?

Whatever the coaches think is best. I just know we gotta find our guy ASAP so he’s ready to to compete by 2022. We gotta hurry before DL, Buck, Nelson, etc get old. If we don’t draft our guy until next year that means he won’t really be ready to win until 2023. Which we could still compete for super bowls in the future if we find a good QB. I just know we can win a super bowl now with this squad.

Just now, Stoney said:

Whatever the coaches think is best. I just know we gotta find our guy ASAP so he’s ready to to compete by 2022. We gotta hurry before DL, Buck, Nelson, etc get old. If we don’t draft our guy until next year that means he won’t really be ready to win until 2023. Which we could still compete for super bowls in the future if we find a good QB. I just know we can win a super bowl now with this squad.

I love Lance but he isn't going to be a starter in 21

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I wouldn't deal a 1st round pick for him. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd though unless Reich preferred Wentz. Obviously this would all depend on what happens with Rivers. 

Stafford will garner a 1st. We might not be willing to give it up, but one team will. It could be the Steelers, Saints, Colts, or 49ers IMO. That's if he becomes available of course

3 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

I wouldn't be upset if we traded it pre draft for someone who performs as well as Deforest Buckner did this year. 

What do you think about that idea Matthew???Matthew Stafford Yes GIF by Detroit Lions

I love it.  Please trade for me.  I promise you Colts nation you won't regret it!   Let's roll and win that Super Bowl!

15 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Stafford will garner a 1st. We might not be willing to give it up, but one team will. It could be the Steelers, Saints, Colts, or 49ers IMO. That's if he becomes available of course

IIRC, Stafford has an out to his contract this offseason. Not sure what the out terms are (him, team, etc.)

52 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

Why would we draft a defensive tackle with Buckner and Stewart returning. I'd go corner in the first round and offensive tackle in the second.

I was being sarcastic..... you don't remember the "waves & waves " of pass rushers they answered the press when asked why so many defensive linemen drafted?

2 hours ago, The Brazilian Ninja said:

I think are going to sign the future MVP Taylor Heinicke and win the SB.

:headspin::rock: 

(Just kidding btw, but I really wonder if he will have a chance on a QB needy team)

You know, I think Washington definitely has to bring him back. He played well and I’m not sure what else they will be able to get in the free agent or trade market.

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Since Big Q will be converted back to LT then there is no value in holding onto 21 (since there will be no franchise QB available) and Ballard trades back for 2 additional picks this year and a 2022 pick. 

If they get a 22 1 by trading back im all for it

6 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

What position do you think the Colts will select with their 1st round pick??

We will have a lte first round pick, around 22, I believe. Depending on how the draft goes, and what players are left, Ballard may trade up or down (most likely down, IMO), so it is hard to tell yet.

20 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

We will have a lte first round pick, around 22, I believe. Depending on how the draft goes, and what players are left, Ballard may trade up or down (most likely down, IMO), so it is hard to tell yet.

Read the thread title, we have the 21st.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

6 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Since Big Q will be converted back to LT then there is no value in holding onto 21 (since there will be no franchise QB available) and Ballard trades back for 2 additional picks this year and a 2022 pick. 

Zain keefer is reporting that if ac doesn’t return frank said they will weigh moving QN to LT permanently 

Once we step away from it for a bit and go back and watch some film, I think we'll realize this team is maybe better than we thought.  They're right there with anyone in the AFC not named the Chiefs.  With no chance at an elite rookie QB, I think they go Rivers or another vet at QB and then go T or pass rusher at 21.

12 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd give up a 2 or 3 for Stafford, but not a 1. As for Wentz, if we take on that contract, I'd want the Eagles first rounder with Wentz just to get him off their hands.

I would give up a 2nd and a future 3rd for Stafford. The big question is, are the Lions willing to move on with a new HC and GM? If yes, I would pounce on it. I am sure they would like a 1st rounder, that is why I would throw in an extra pick. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

This is s good spot if there is a QB. We could move up a little for someone like Lance. If we resign Veldheer we don’t have to take a tackle in the first no matter what AC does.

You understand Veldheer has absolutely 0 effect on who the Colts draft or the future of the LT position, right?  You understand that he was retired, when the Colts came calling? Yes he played well, for 2 games. There is a reason he was sitting there available at the end of December.

It was a good pick up and definitely helped in a pinch, but at this point he should not be involved in any of the colts future plans, starter or back up. 

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

You understand Veldheer has absolutely 0 effect on who the Colts draft or the future of the LT position, right?  You understand that he was retired, when the Colts came calling? Yes he played well, for 2 games. There is a reason he was sitting there available at the end of December.

It was a good pick up and definitely helped in a pinch, but at this point he should not be involved in any of the colts future plans, starter or back up. 

You missed my point. I was trying to make a point if we sign Veldheer we don’t have to make that decision between a LT or QB or DE. It kind would let us our off LT until 22 if there is a QB or DE we want this year. It just gives them options.

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You missed my point. I was trying to make a point if we sign Veldheer we don’t have to make that decision between a LT or QB or DE. It kind would let us our off LT until 22 if there is a QB or DE we want this year. It just gives them options.

Or you could still go LT in round 2 or 3. This OT class is very good and deep. So if Ballard and this scouting dept. loves Lance, and wants to target him round 1, they could still find their LT round 2. 

Archived