Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers not clutch / is terrible (merge)

James

3 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Yeah I know Frank was terrible today. But Rivers can't lead a game winning drive, he just can't. And when you're QB can't do that you need to part ways. This team will win nothing if we don't get a franchise QB soon. I miss Luck......

Didn’t Rivers lead a game winning drive LAST WEEK?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Even though I’d just finished one, when I heard Rivers had just tossed 420 I knew I had to celebrate that properly so I did and settled in to watch the remainder of the game. This is how the journey went:

The Dude GIF by memecandy

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

camping the big lebowski GIF

the big lebowski film GIF by Tech Noir

Well done! 

6 minutes ago, WalkerPercy said:

Didn’t Rivers lead a game winning drive LAST WEEK?

Yeah, Ik that would be a game winning drive in most eyes but to me it would be your team is down by a few points and it’s the two minute warning and you have to go 75 yards. Where the drive is the last part of the game.(not including overtime) 

Just now, CaptainColt12 said:

Yeah, Ik that would be a game winning drive in most eyes but to me it would be your team is down by a few points and it’s the two minute warning and you have to go 75 yards. Where the drive is the last part of the game.(not including overtime) 

He’s top 10 all time on 4th quarter comeback and last drive wins.  He does it all the time.....you just don’t know what you’re talking about but stick with your negative narrative on a guy who has played really well all year.  

You guys saying he’s so awful put your money where your mouth is start calling for Jacoby to take his job.  Oh not willing to do that?  Maybe he’s not as bad as some want him to be then.  

Rivers and Reich out thought themselves in the second half no question.  Is it fair to be upset about that?  Without question.  Pretending they are awful and need to be replaced anytime the Colts lose a game is getting really tired and old.  

10 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Yes, I agree Rivers can't be the QB for the team next season. He's not mobile, can't throw the distance and he'll be 40. Time for him to take that HC job in Alabama and have him bring Reich with him as his OC.

Im starting to come around to this thinking.

Don't get me wrong I love what he has done this year, but in the grand scheme of things he really limits the versatility that the offense could potentially have. He has played great though.

11 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

He’s played fairly well but let’s be honest he’s not the long term answer .ideally you hope Eason can start next year then have the. Cap space to improve in  other areas .

No he’s not but I think he’s going to be the starter next year again.  He’s played very well this year for the most part.  I don’t think the Colts are going to be looking to replace him.  If they do though it’s going to be because they think they have something in Eason or someone like Rodgers falls in their lap (not going to happen).

I just don’t see Eason being the answer.  Why all the hype?  Big arm granted and good kid apparently but not a great decision or difference maker.  Ultimately, he was an average QB in a very average league (PAC 12) and got beat out by a very average QB at UGA (Jake Fromm).  Hope I’m wrong and he ends up playing, but he’s a project for sure.  

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

Yes, I agree Rivers can't be the QB for the team next season. He's not mobile, can't throw the distance and he'll be 40. Time for him to take that HC job in Alabama and have him bring Reich with him as his OC.

I think they bring him back and draft Trask Jones or Lance to be the starter in 22

1 minute ago, WalkerPercy said:

I just don’t see Eason being the answer.  Why all the hype?  Big arm granted and good kid apparently but not a great decision or difference maker.  Ultimately, he was an average QB in a very average league (PAC 12) and got beat out by a very average QB at UGA (Jake Fromm).  Hope I’m wrong and he ends up playing, but he’s a project for sure.  

You have no clue if he can be the answer. No one does.

8 minutes ago, WalkerPercy said:

Eason could be the answer we don't know.  Dak was a 4th rd pick too and he turned out to be pretty good.  Let's hope he's the guy.   

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

You have no clue if he can be the answer. No one does.

Ugh.....no doubt.  I just don’t get all the hype.  The guy just has never done much despite being the #1 QB recruit in HS......so I wonder why people who don’t know much are talking about such nonsense as playing him this year when PR throws a pick.  I hope the kid ends up doing well but I think the Colts are going to have to draft the QB of the future.  

The titles on this thread are so stupid it’s ridiculous.  Do you realize how hard it is to win 11 games. And we shouldn’t act like the Colts have overwhelming offense players.  I think the team unit, play calling and command of the LOS are what make the offense click.  If they get in the playoffs, I think they can do some a damage with a healthy line.  But they really aren’t overwhelming like KC and others at times....no matter who is at QB.

6 minutes ago, WalkerPercy said:

Ugh.....no doubt.  I just don’t get all the hype.  The guy just has never done much despite being the #1 QB recruit in HS......so I wonder why people who don’t know much are talking about such nonsense as playing him this year when PR throws a pick.  I hope the kid ends up doing well but I think the Colts are going to have to draft the QB of the future.  

I just think it is fans hoping that he could possibly be that guy. Like you said he was #1 QB, then started decent at Georgia before an injury before transferring to Washington where most of weapons left. He has all the tools, so like I said I think it is more a hope than a hype.

9 minutes ago, WalkerPercy said:

The titles on this thread are so stupid it’s ridiculous.  Do you realize how hard it is to win 11 games.

I didn't create the thread or title, but stick around you will see plenty more bad ones.... Lol

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

I just think it is fans hoping that he could possibly be that guy. Like you said he was #1 QB, then started decent at Georgia before an injury before transferring to Washington where most of weapons left. He has all the tools, so like I said I think it is more a hope than a hype.

I didn't create the thread or title, but stick around you will see plenty more bad ones.... Lol

I hope he does well......I like the kid and thought he did ok for a while at GA.

We've been lucky the last three games, with the two Texans wins, should have been the reverse.  We could have been 8-6 going into Pittsburg.  Yes, play calling needs serious attention, i don't know why he(Reich) doesn't let Siriani start calling the plays.  Also, they're under utilizing JT,  run the damn ball I say.

I’ll tell you what’s funny is how fickle fans can be. Just recently there has been a eating crow post about Rivers and how good he is. The issue is he’s always been an average quarterback that’s had good luck with injuries. That’s why I put a post on the site today about Count your blessings were lucky to be 10 and five right now considering who our quarterback is

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I’ll tell you what’s funny is how fickle fans can be. Just recently there has been a eating crow post about Rivers and how good he is. The issue is he’s always been an average quarterback that’s had good luck with injuries. That’s why I put a post on the site today about Count your blessings were lucky to be 10 and five right now considering who our quarterback is

I blame it more on poor coaching and misusing the personel. Frank should be aware Phil cant be in a shoot out. We were up by ten and could have ran JT but Frank just quit what was working.

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I blame it more on poor coaching and misusing the personel. Frank should be aware Phil cant be in a shoot out. We were up by ten and could have ran JT but Frank just quit what was working.

Isn't the first time either. Ballard is getting the talent but Frank's not reaching the talents potential. Yes 10 to 11 wins is good but its inspite of poor coaching.

6 hours ago, James said:

For his career, Philip Rivers has 9 TDs, 17 INTs, 5.9 Y/A, and a 57.1 passer rating when trailing by a single possession with under 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

With 3rd string left tackles?..... gimme a  break....this was a coaching loss imho.

44 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Yeah, Rivers has always just been an average QB.

What a dumb take.

2 hours ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Isn't the first time either. Ballard is getting the talent but Frank's not reaching the talents potential. Yes 10 to 11 wins is good but its inspite of poor coaching.

You don’t win 10 to 11 games in the NFL with poor coaching unless you have a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck level player which the Colts don’t have.  

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

You don’t win 10 to 11 games in the NFL with poor coaching unless you have a Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck level player which the Colts don’t have.  

Our coaches dont make good adjustments at all. We haven't played a complete game all season. If we had better coaching we would be 13-3 right now. Why is Frank giving up on the run up by 10 points in second half. I'm not saying hes horrible but he gets flustered any time a team gains momentum. Could have just kept running and ate up the clock but he put Rivers in to shoot out more up by 10. Bad coaching. A few weeks ago he went for TD over a sure field go. He coaches with blind faith over numbers period.

Are the Colts on the playoff doorsteps or did i imagine this season?

Geeeeez.

Rivers is limited, sure. He is the best the Colts could do under the circumstances BARRING picking a Jalen Hurts.

The rest of the team has to be perfect for Rivers to operate at his finest, and ten wins say that's been the case however when you're running out OTs who are extremely limited, you get what you get.

I'm more worried about a passing defense that was taken to the woodshed. *refs or not.

11 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Are the Colts on the playoff doorsteps or did i imagine this season?

Geeeeez.

Rivers is limited, sure. He is the best the Colts could do under the circumstances BARRING picking a Jalen Hurts.

The rest of the team has to be perfect for Rivers to operate at his finest, and ten wins say that's been the case however when you're running out OTs who are extremely limited, you get what you get.

I'm more worried about a passing defense that was taken to the woodshed. *refs or not.

The lack of pass rush the second half didn't help the secondary either. I've all areas of the team do great but never in sync or for the whole 60 mins. Coaches got to stick what's working and make better adjustments when it's not. We have a talented team being utilized wrong.

Archived