Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers not clutch / is terrible (merge)

James

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if they want to say he isn't mobile, yeah we all know that but he still has a good arm.

Yeah I love the narrative of “defenses know how to play us because they know Rivers can’t run.  

Yeah, defenses sure shut down Manning knowing he didn’t have the ability to run.  

Also, we must’ve got lucky 10 of the games this year with the defenses capitalizing on playing against an immobile QB

1 minute ago, SpanosSucks said:

Yeah I love the narrative of “defenses know how to play us because they know Rivers can’t run.  

Yeah, defenses sure shut down Manning knowing he didn’t have the ability to run.  

Also, we must’ve got lucky 10 of the games this year with the defenses capitalizing on playing against an immobile QB

If we get in we are going to win it all, I am calling it now and I am not even drinking yet lmao 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we get in we are going to win it all, I am calling it now and I am not even drinking yet lmao 

Agree.  

That Pitts game showed how dominant we CAN be.  We did partially get effed by refs with that nonsense block in the back on the Hines 60 yard catch.  And then the multiple PI and lack of PI for us.  But essentially D broke down. 

But good teams usually turn it around and strive in playoffs.  Hopefully we’re that team

5 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

Agree.  

That Pitts game showed how dominant we CAN be.  We did partially get effed by refs with that nonsense block in the back on the Hines 60 yard catch.  And then the multiple PI and lack of PI for us.  But essentially D broke down. 

But good teams usually turn it around and strive in playoffs.  Hopefully we’re that team

I was about to say that, we dominated them, actually toyed with them in the 1st half. That showed me a lot.

I was about to say that, we dominated them, actually toyed with them in the 1st half. That showed me a lot.

Defense crumbling aside, if we just ran the damn ball that probably stays a blowout.  Rivers and Co handled biz in the 1st half.  Just shoulda been handing off to JT the rest of the game.  

It is what it is.  We now go into the playoffs and go on a 2010 Packers run.  

1 minute ago, SpanosSucks said:

Defense crumbling aside, if we just ran the damn ball that probably stays a blowout.  Rivers and Co handled biz in the 1st half.  Just shoulda been handing off to JT the rest of the game.  

It is what it is.  We now go into the playoffs and go on a 2010 Packers run.  

Yeah Sunday is going to be entertaining. I am not even ruling out winning the division, Watson might play lights out.

Yeah Sunday is going to be entertaining. I am not even ruling out winning the division, Watson might play lights out.

yeah Watson shredded them last time.  The D just let him down.  Hoping Watts big speech gives team the motivation to shut them down

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, he throws a perfect 45 yard TD to Pascal and people say he can't throw downfield. That is laughable.

people  watch mahomes launch 70 yard passes down field or josh allen with the rocket arm long balls and want that.   I just think that people want their own QB  , a rookie drafted by the colts rather then an aging veteran .  I was against rivers at first in favor of drafting jordon love .   Rivers has proved me wrong ,but i know we are back to square one soon.  Having a set player at the most important position for the next 15 years is the reason i believe for rivers hate.

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

people  watch mahomes launch 70 yard passes down field or josh allen with the rocket arm long balls and want that.   I just think that people want their own QB  , a rookie drafted by the colts rather then an aging veteran .  I was against rivers at first in favor of drafting jordon love .   Rivers has proved me wrong ,but i know we are back to square one soon.  Having a set player at the most important position for the next 15 years is the reason i believe for rivers hate.

I'm one of the biggest supporters of Rivers but even i know Ballard is gonna have to try to fix the QB issue soon.

At this point,  I think Frank Reich is more of an impediment to the Colts offense than Rivers has been. He really needs to stop being too cute in certain situations and going away from what is working. He has lost some of my confidence this season with his play calling and roster utilization. Players need to be used to their strengths and put in positions to succeed. I don’t feel Reich does that enough. 

Rivers is what he is but has limited his mistakes this year and played efficiently. Imo, he has been hindered by Reich going away from what works at inappropriate times (for example- suddenly stop running the ball with Taylor when he is running over teams. Or running Hines up the middle on 4th and one near the goal line.) I wasn’t a fan of the Rivers signing initially but the old man has surpassed my expectation of him. He has not been the turnover machine that he was with the Chargers last season.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah for some reason I smell an upset there but they have to contain Henry.

I think only Colts fans are smelling an upset here because quite frankly we are desperate. The Steelers and Bills probably lay down this weekend as both have clinched their divisions and secured playoff spots.  Steelers seem content with the 3 seed seeing as how Mason Rudolph is starting instead of Big Ben. It’s down to Texans or Bengals (lol) to deliver the needed help and we are left dreaming for and visualizing a Watson miracle that more than likely will not be delivered. We shoulda beat Pittsburgh last week. 

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

I really don't care about someone being able to throw 70 yards. Jeff George could throw 75 yards and he sucked. I want a QB that is smart between the ears and moves the chains, Rivers has done that all year. His stats and wins back that up. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't care about someone being able to throw 70 yards. Jeff George could throw 75 yards and he sucked. I want a QB that is smart between the ears and moves the chains, Rivers has done that all year. His stats and wins back that up. 

You don't want this guy?

Uncle Rico GIF by memecandy

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

there is a new group of nfl fans now that want a mobile big arm QB like mahomes or aron rodgers type .  It seems back in the old nfl days you could not have mobile QB's because they nfl treated them like running backs zero protection and they got hurt fast.  Now they have all these rules even protecting wrs from taking a hit after catching a pass that mobile QBs do have a advantage .  Luck has a perfect example of a mobile QB who had a big arm and played like manning also . I think going from luck to and older rivers rubs people the wrong way . I am not saying its right just that that is what i get from the complaints.

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

there is a new group of nfl fans now that want a mobile big arm QB like mahomes or aron rodgers type .  It seems back in the old nfl days you could not have mobile QB's because they nfl treated them like running backs zero protection and they got hurt fast.  Now they have all these rules even protecting wrs from taking a hit after catching a pass that mobile QBs do have a advantage .  Luck has a perfect example of a mobile QB who had a big arm and played like manning also . I think going from luck to and older rivers rubs people the wrong way . I am not saying its right just that that is what i get from the complaints.

I get that and it’s fair and correct I just personal don’t care what type of QB they are if they are effective.  That’s just me though.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I get that and it’s fair and correct I just personal don’t care what type of QB they are if they are effective.  That’s just me though.

I agree to a certain extent with you about just being a good QB.  On the other hand after watching watson playing us during the texans game , watching our defensive line bully the texans offensive line all game . Watson still would break free even after pressure coming right away after one second , and hit passes down field all game .   During the manning years in the playoffs against the patriots , steelers and chargers those amazing defensive lines were mannings kryptonite .  The whole game even without blitzing they would dominate the colts offensive line with in 2 seconds manning had no time to do much but check down and that was covered .   The pocket passer is so defined by how well their offensive line plays look at brady in 07 superbowl , he was useless the whole game with great weapons and coaching .    Even with a quick release and knowing the play coming when teams can get pressure rushing 4 or 5 with in 2 seconds or less there is not much a QB can do .  With corners pressing and holding the first 5 yards they can make a wr take 2 seconds to break free and that is it .  With mahomes or watson as soon as the play is snapped if pressure breaks they use their speed to back then spin around it and can turn it into a big play anytime .   The game has changed with the rules being changed .  Even though you still need to make plays from the pocket having a extra factor of being mobile and throwing from the run can just destroy defenses no matter how well they play .

On 12/31/2020 at 4:09 PM, SpanosSucks said:

you left out the best part - Chargers got in at 8-8.  Although I don’t feel bad because they throttled the Pats in the regular season so you couldn’t make the argument that Pats were the better team.  And Chargers at least knocked off thr 12-4 Colts in the wild card round. 

Yeah, that was a brutal beating, and in primetime. The Chargers made the playoffs at 8-8 as divisional champs, and that team at .500 had a better record than the current year's NFC East champions will!

Belicheat.jpg

11 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Pro Football Network lists Rivers as the 8th best QB this year.

That's pretty terrible.  Go get Wentz.

image.thumb.jpeg.ede9e5b27bef88b25de8e4e54c454ee8.jpeg

I hope you’re joking because being the 8th best QB for a guy who isn’t expected to carry the load for your offense is actually really good.

9 hours ago, PaulSTL said:

Source please?

We don’t need sources.  Watch:

In every Rivers loss of his career, he has thrown at least 3 INT and fumbled at least 2x.  Meanwhile his defense has held opposing offense to 3 points.  

proof rivers is trash and not clutch. 

36 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ede9e5b27bef88b25de8e4e54c454ee8.jpeg

I hope you’re joking because being the 8th best QB for a guy who isn’t expected to carry the load for your offense is actually really good.

Yeah, that's why I posted it in this thread.

Rivers has done what was asked of him this year.  If brought back next year, I expect him to be even better.

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Yeah, that's why I posted it in this thread.

Rivers has done what was asked of him this year.  If brought back next year, I expect him to be even better.

Okay just making sure because sadly there are some that would agree he’s awful because he’s only rank the 8th best QB.

On 1/1/2021 at 8:44 AM, Coltsman1788 said:

I think only Colts fans are smelling an upset here because quite frankly we are desperate. The Steelers and Bills probably lay down this weekend as both have clinched their divisions and secured playoff spots.  Steelers seem content with the 3 seed seeing as how Mason Rudolph is starting instead of Big Ben. It’s down to Texans or Bengals (lol) to deliver the needed help and we are left dreaming for and visualizing a Watson miracle that more than likely will not be delivered. We shoulda beat Pittsburgh last week. 

I'm still just so surprised that Pittsburg wouldn't mind having to face Baltimore. I think they are the toughest wild card opponent. And, they aren't playing good football.

17 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm still just so surprised that Pittsburg wouldn't mind having to face Baltimore. I think they are the toughest wild card opponent. And, they aren't playing good football.

Pittsburgh looking very shaky.  They only beat the Colts because they always beat the Colts. They have looked like scrap for four out of their last five games.  Now they get the Browns again in the first round. They should have took today serious and dealt with Cleveland and eliminated them while they had the chance.  Might come back to bite them. 

Archived