Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevor to torment the Colts!

With the Jets doing Jets things and winning vs the Rams today thus removing themselves from the 1st pick of the draft and essentially the rights to draft generational Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, the Jags will now own the 1st pick as they’re not stupid (or good) enough to win their last two games. 

That’s NOT good for the Colts. In fact it’s a nightmare as Lawrence is Luck-level talent, and with Watson already tearing the Colts apart the Colts will now   have to face both for the next 10-15 years! Oh, and Tannehill and Henry too.

Ballard needs to get his hands on a talented QB for the future otherwise The Colts will be left in the dust. Houston won’t stay incompetent forever, once the effects of BoB have passed they’ll start rebuilding around Watson.. and that’ll be scary.

Colts beating the Jags in the last regular season game will send Lawrence straight into their lap... and I frankly hate that. This is the worst.

Just now, James said:

With the Jets doing Jets things and winning vs the Rams today thus removing themselves from the 1st pick of the draft and essentially the rights to draft generational Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, the Jags will now own the 1st pick as they’re not stupid (or good) enough to win their last two games. 

That’s NOT good for the Colts. In fact it’s a nightmare as Lawrence is Luck-level talent, and with Watson already tearing the Colts apart the Colts will now   have to face both for the next 10-15 years! Oh, and Tannehill and Henry too.

Ballard needs to get his hands on a talented QB for the future otherwise The Colts will be left in the dust. Houston won’t stay incompetent forever, once the effects of BoB have passed they’ll start rebuilding around Watson.. and that’ll be scary.

Colts beating the Jags in the last regular season game will send Lawrence straight into their lap... and I frankly hate that. This is the worst.

will ferrell panic GIF

7 minutes ago, James said:

We should just tank and say screw it - some fans in here lmao 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

will ferrell panic GIF

Honestly, I would be in favor of the Colts tanking in the game VS the Jags if their playoff spot is locked.  

I'm sure if the Titans, Texans and Jags had the choice (I know divisions were different), they would throw a game to stop Manning from getting into the division.   Damn Rams.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Honestly, I would be in favor of the Colts tanking in the game VS the Jags if their playoff spot is locked.  

I'm sure if the Titans, Texans and Jags had the choice (I know divisions were different), they would throw a game to stop Manning from getting into the division.   Damn Rams.

People in here and so short sighted and prideful.

Yeah, let’s beat the Jags if it puts the Colts in the playoffs and if we can’t win the division at that point . Of course. But if all is secured... Colts beating the Jags would be the most asinine thing since... well the Jets beating the Rams. You. Just. Don’t. Do. It.

Lawrence will be a nightmare. 

8 minutes ago, James said:

You aren’t?

Do you look forward to the prospect of having to face Andrew Luck 2.0? And Watson? And Tannehill / Henry?

Wish I could be as laissez-faire as some people. 

It’s the Jags. They’ll screw it up somehow. Besides, they need more than just a QB. 

you’re also assuming Trevor comes out. There’s a lot of talk of him staying.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

In the nfl coaches and players don’t tank ,now that said if colts are locked in you play your backups 

3 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

In the nfl coaches and players don’t tank ,now that said if colts are locked in you play your backups 

I don’t see a scenario where last game is meaningless for Colts. 
If we lose vs Pitt then we’ll need to beat the Jags to make playoffs barring a miracle. 
If we beat Pitt and Tenn beats GB, there is always a chance Tenn loses to Hou and we could win the division with a win over Jax. 
If we beat Pitt and Tenn loses, we control our destiny to win the division. 

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s the Jags. They’ll screw it up somehow. Besides, they need more than just a QB. 

you’re also assuming Trevor comes out. There’s a lot of talk of him staying.

Eh, if the Colts can’t even beat Blake Bortles and Gardner Minshew and Cody Kessler in Jacksonville, the Jags will have no problem tormenting the Colts with Trevor Lawrence at QB.

Most seem to think he’s coming out.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Eh, if the Colts can’t even beat Blake Bortles and Gardner Minshew and Cody Kessler in Jacksonville, the Jags will have no problem tormenting the Colta with Trevor Lawrence at QB.

Most seem to think he’s coming out.

Well I’m still not worried about it

I think it’s kind of cool that we’ll get to see TL play up close every year.  The NFL tends to even things out from a talent standpoint.  He’s not going to have players around him that are way better than all other teams like he’s had at Clemson.  In the NFL, practically everyone is a 5 star recruit.  Should be fun.

30 minutes ago, Stephen said:

How did the rams lose anyway.

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

Probably underestimated them and was looking past them.

My only guess?

It's simple. Games are not won on stat sheets or odds charts. They are won, one play at a time. It takes total concentration by every player at this level. That is why any team, can beat any team, and vice versa. 

BTW...the Colts are 10-4. :goodluck:

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have been lucky as a franchise, think about the good to great QB play we have had since 1995. Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, and now Rivers. We even have a great backup in JB lol.

And before that we had Unitas and Jones.

But we may be looking at mediocre or bad QB play in the near future? 

That's something Ballard needs to "hit" on and elite QB's are hard to acquire. 

30 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

And before that we had Unitas and Jones.

But we may be looking at mediocre or bad QB play in the near future? 

That's something Ballard needs to "hit" on and elite QB's are hard to acquire. 

Hopefully  Eason is  good

Archived