Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in first place in the AFCS (MERGE)

danlhart87

According to some:

Colts have no chance in this one

Tannehill is a franchise QB (actually he isn't, he is a game manager)

Rivers is washed up (actually he isn't, get your eyes checked)

Reich is a bad coach (actually some people's definition of bad is comical)

The Colts are going nowhere with this core (1st place)

- Now what?? Think before you post nonsense to some out there. Not only did we win but this was a blowout in the 2nd half lmao 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! happy homer simpson GIF- Stick that in your tailpipe Haters! 1st place baby! 

I am going to enjoy this 10 day stretch :banana:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our Defense is pretty nasty! Stewart and Buckner together....woooweee

Hines came to play! He was the fastest guy on the field last night. 

For awhile there I wasn't sure is Titans Specials Teams or Frank Reich was trying to give more points away. 

Congrats to JB on his $7.5M touchdown lol 

Good job to the team for finally putting two halves of a game together. 

1 minute ago, lollygagger8 said:

Our Defense is pretty nasty! Stewart and Buckner together....woooweee

Hines came to play! He was the fastest guy on the field last night. 

For awhile there I wasn't sure is Titans Specials Teams or Frank Reich was trying to give more points away. 

Congrats to JB on his $7.5M touchdown lol 

Good job to the team for finally putting two halves of a game together. 

I gave JB the MVP last night :funny:, he plowed for that TD haha 

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we can somehow win these next two home games the hard part of the schedule is over. We don’t do well against elite QB so we will see what happens against GB. We need to stay consistent and stop with one good game one bad game. We should get Turay back next week too.

I've been harping on QB sneaks in short yardage situations for a while now.  Stats show that the simple QB sneak is the most likely play to succeed in those situations and it's not even close.  Jacoby is uniquely qualified to run the sneak given his strength and big body.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

According to some:

- Now what?? Think before you post nonsense to some out there. Not only did we win but this was a blowout in the 2nd half lmao 

LOL .....  You need to stop taking what other people say so personal. 

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

430 yards of offense. I think only two media people picked the Colts. I admit I was upset with Rivers when he hesitated to throw to his receiver in the end zone. A couple gifts tonight but they are a part of the game. Repeat at Indy in two weeks. 

I believe he saw that defender lurking a few yards away.

51 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I've been harping on QB sneaks in short yardage situations for a while now.  Stats show that the simple QB sneak is the most likely play to succeed in those situations and it's not even close.  Jacoby is uniquely qualified to run the sneak given his strength and big body.

Looks like Jacoby has locked up a contract extension, eh?

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not too bad for a team with a GM who doesn’t know what he’s doing, a coach who can’t coach, a QB who had a noodle arm and can’t throw, a Number one WR who can’t play anymore, and an oline that isn’t good...

Once we straighten out those 5 areas, we'll be unstoppable!

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Titans turned their attention to him so Rivers did the smart thing and threw to other wide open guys.  That’s the thing that Hilton brings that gets dismissed by so many here.  He’s still covered like a number one WR which opens up other guys in the offense.  One of the long throws tonight was cleared out by Hilton running pattern under it that drew the safety away from the guy who caught the pass.  

This is absolutely true. I once said this offense didn't need TY and I was wrong.

When he's in the game he immediately draws the safety over leaving Johnson, Pittman or whoever in man coverage allowing Rivers a more favorable match-up.

He was sorely missed in the ravens game and you could see the difference last night with our offense 

11 hours ago, runthepost said:

Good game but we gave up 160 yards of rushing. Need to clean that up 

A decent chunk of those yards were when we were already 2 or 3 scores up in the 4th quarter and we were happy to let them run and run the clock. Henry did Henry and had 103 yards on 19 carries.... but the other 57 yards were essentially in garbage time.

11 hours ago, krunk said:

We'd be a lot better team if we could consistently count on our running game instead of having to depend on screens and other stuff as a substitue for the ground game.  Hines was decent this game, but we aren't really getting much from anyone else.  Thought Wilkins was going to make a difference, but not significant enough and Taylor is still giving me question marks.  At the end of the day this is what is going to stop us from getting very far.  And I still think we need 1 more deep threat.   Glad we won though!

Counting down the days to when a hopefully healthy Campbell returns to this offense.... with Pittman starting to hit what looks like his stride and TY getting healthy and drawing coverage and opening up the rest of the receivers more too.

Sprinkle some Pascal, Johnson, Mo Ali Cox, Trey Burton and Demichael Harris into that - lovely stuff...

26 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Counting down the days to when a hopefully healthy Campbell returns to this offense.... with Pittman starting to hit what looks like his stride and TY getting healthy and drawing coverage and opening up the rest of the receivers more too.

Sprinkle some Pascal, Johnson, Mo Ali Cox, Trey Burton and Demichael Harris into that - lovely stuff...

Still need that running game though. Its why we are doing more quick throw, possess the ball type stuff instead of going after the chunk plays. This offense is capable of scoring much more if we could get more from our ground game. Right now we are using our passing game to substitute for deficiencies in the run offense. The lack of ground game has taken away our playaction.

12 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

yeah a colts win felt really great tonight after not getting the ps5 after so many attempts :Cry::Cry:

This. Sony, I want to give you my money but you won’t take it. I just want to play Demons’ Souls...guess I’ll have to wait until next year....literally

22 minutes ago, FortheWin said:

People can say what they want but the Colts are legit contender this season.

Contender when they win games and not when they lose.  Just before the Thursday night game yesterday, Troy Aikmen mentioned that this team should be 0-8 but somehow has 5 wins. lol. After we played a great game, he changed his tune. 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

According to some:

The inconsistency on offense is the biggest limiting factor.  Everything you say is true. That said, having faith that we wont revert to what we showed in the Baltimore game, which was winnable had our performance not been so poor,  is just a bridge to far right now.

I'm always optimistic and if I can see an offensive identity develop over the next 4 weeks, preferably with a couple wins mixed in, I may drop a dancing banana.  Personally I'm still on the roller coaster.  Trying not to get to high or too low but somehow still managing to do both.

Great win tho!  Sets us up well to sweep the titans, hopefully the texans, and split with the jags.

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Contender when they win games and not when they lose.  Just before the Thursday night game yesterday, Troy Aikmen mentioned that this team should be 0-8 but somehow has 5 wins. lol. After we played a great game, he changed his tune. 

Troy Aikmen is in the running for dumbest person on TV. Which speaks volumes. 

2 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Balt is still like a tier below KC and Pitt but those 2 turnovers killed us

When push comes to shove, KC would be hard to keep up with. Steelers don't have the O like KC so beating the Steelers while difficult is more doable. Having said that, we seem to never beat them no matter the teams in any era.

Archived