Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in first place in the AFCS (MERGE)

danlhart87

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

430 yards of offense. I think only two media people picked the Colts. I admit I was upset with Rivers when he hesitated to throw to his receiver in the end zone. A couple gifts tonight but they are a part of the game. Repeat at Indy in two weeks. 

I don't recall seeing Dimichael Harris tonight.

Harris caught the great juggling pass that put us in FG range to end the half.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yep.  Pittman has played really well the past two weeks.  I think he’s finally getting comfortable in the offense and the NFL.  I also think having TY back helped.  He might not have had a huge game catching the ball but he opens things up for others.

I was thinking the same thing about Pittman and Hilton.  On a separate note,  Carrie had a great game!!  I loved his aggression on D!

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

430 yards of offense. I think only two media people picked the Colts. I admit I was upset with Rivers when he hesitated to throw to his receiver in the end zone. A couple gifts tonight but they are a part of the game. Repeat at Indy in two weeks. 

He got a good reception and a loss of yards on either a catch or run (can't remember which one). He was barely used though.

This team showed me what I needed to see in terms of where the ceiling is for this season, and I think it is very high. This is the best Colts defense we have had in some time. Special teams depth is what show Ballard’s drafting has been very efficient in elevating the talent from top to bottom of the roster. The offense (and likely the team as a whole) goes as far as Rivers can take them. He looked very comfortable and in control most of the night. If that is what the 2nd half of the season for the offense looks like, then I think we will take it every game. One can hope... 

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

It happens.  The Steelers were/are a better run defense than us and they gave up 225 to the Ravens.

Doesn't mean we've all of a sudden forgotten how to defend the run.  Or that they exposed some

kind of secret on us.  We'll get things back together against Green Bay. 

It easy to do against king Henry no shame in that. 

Just now, krunk said:

TY Looked better this game, but as the game wore on all of a sudden he dissapeared.  Not sure what happened. 

Pittman and Hines took over. This was their game to shine. Hilton did well in the first half and then got phased out. I think the Titans had the ball more in the 2nd half as well than the 1st.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We had a lot of things go our way in the second half.  Which was karma for everything going against us in the first.

The Refs made some bad calls, and some good calls against us.  But they missed a bunch of calls against the Titans.  

Yeah like the holding call was bad, 

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but the blocked punt by EJ Speed for a TD really gave us momentum to winning this game. A highly underrated moment by him.

Absolutely. This was more or less a close game until that play broke Tennessee. Without this play who knows the outcome of the game. 

The blocked punt and the shanked punt were game changers. Those aggressive 4th down calls that we didn’t get should’ve sunk us. Great Defense and Special Teams play really won us this game. 

Don’t want to be that guy but we got lucky a little bit! Played good football tho I think but we got lucky a little bit!  Brown dropping that touchdown pass would have put them up 14. That shank punt and block punt and then missing that field goal.. think we played good tonight but caught some breaks during this game! The shank punt switched the momentum I think for us! Great win!

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He had a really nice catch early in the game but that was about it.

1 minute ago, Shadow_Creek said:

yeah a colts win felt really great tonight after not getting the ps5 after so many attempts :Cry::Cry:

I have $100 in gamestop giftcards, so I'm waiting for them to get one before buying it. Don't need one right now though. Hope you can get it quickly for yourself!

14 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Don’t want to be that guy but we got lucky a little bit! Played good football tho I think but we got lucky a little bit!  Brown dropping that touchdown pass would have put them up 14. That shank punt and block punt and then missing that field goal.. think we played good tonight but caught some breaks during this game! The shank punt switched the momentum I think for us! Great win!

I agree we don’t win without those ST errors. We were terrible in the red zone. But s win is a win and every game is different. We have to get the red zone fixed.

We'd be a lot better team if we could consistently count on our running game instead of having to depend on screens and other stuff as a substitue for the ground game.  Hines was decent this game, but we aren't really getting much from anyone else.  Thought Wilkins was going to make a difference, but not significant enough and Taylor is still giving me question marks.  At the end of the day this is what is going to stop us from getting very far.  And I still think we need 1 more deep threat.   Glad we won though!

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

We'd be a lot better team if we could consistently count on our running game instead of having to depend on screens and other stuff as a substitue for the ground game.  Hines was decent this game, but we aren't really getting much from anyone else.  Thought Wilkins was going to make a difference, but not significant enough and Taylor is still giving me question marks.  At the end of the day this is what is going to stop us from getting very far.  And I still think we need 1 more deep threat. 

Enjoy the win

1 hour ago, krunk said:

TY Looked better this game, but as the game wore on all of a sudden he dissapeared.  Not sure what happened. 

Titans turned their attention to him so Rivers did the smart thing and threw to other wide open guys.  That’s the thing that Hilton brings that gets dismissed by so many here.  He’s still covered like a number one WR which opens up other guys in the offense.  One of the long throws tonight was cleared out by Hilton running pattern under it that drew the safety away from the guy who caught the pass.  

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

We'd be a lot better team if we could consistently count on our running game instead of having to depend on screens and other stuff as a substitue for the ground game.  Hines was decent this game, but we aren't really getting much from anyone else.  Thought Wilkins was going to make a difference, but not significant enough and Taylor is still giving me question marks.  At the end of the day this is what is going to stop us from getting very far.  And I still think we need 1 more deep threat.   Glad we won though!

Here’s the thing the past few weeks the Colts have been over 4 ypc as a team.  That’s what you want.  With Mack down they aren’t going to have bell weather back they have had the past few years.  It’s going to be running back by committee with the hot hand that game getting the carries.  Tonight that was Hines a few weeks ago that was Wilkins next week it could be Taylor.  

I will say since the bye the run blocking has been better although I am noticing guys outside the line struggling with blocking assignments.  Hopefully with another few days off it will help the run blocking to continue to get better.  

I’ll also say Frank needs to help them out with some better play calling.  Teams have figured out the short yardage lineup in the shotgun hand the ball off play.  It’s fooling no one and it’s getting stuffed everytime.  It’s one thing to keep calling those kinds of plays if you’ve been good at them all year but the Colts haven’t been.  What gives me some hope is after the back to back calls that got stuffed tonight Frank did start calling different stuff in short yardage situations and low and behold it worked!  Maybe he’s finally gotten the message that no matter how much he wants that play to work it’s not going too.

2 hours ago, runthepost said:

Good game but we gave up 160 yards of rushing. Need to clean that up 

Or one could say.........Tennessee was held to its second-lowest scoring output in 2020 and corralled to the tune of 294 yards.

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

Twas a fine win.

ARRrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we can somehow win these next two home games the hard part of the schedule is over. We don’t do well against elite QB so we will see what happens against GB. We need to stay consistent and stop with one good game one bad game. We should get Turay back next week too.

I think we'll beat Green Bay as well.  I like the fact that we are playing at home on the turf and I've seen Aaron Rogers over the years playing against elite Cover 2 defensive squads like the Bucs, the Bears, last years 49ers and he always has problems. It's debatable whether or not we are elite, but I know for sure we are pretty damn good.  I like our chances especially if we get any kind of production from the running game on offense.  They've got decent enough athletes to cover our receivers.  Hoping we don't have to play one sided as we did against the Ravens. 

5 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

yeah a colts win felt really great tonight after not getting the ps5 after so many attempts :Cry::Cry:

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have $100 in gamestop giftcards, so I'm waiting for them to get one before buying it. Don't need one right now though. Hope you can get it quickly for yourself!

They have 5 of them now?!?!   I remember when the ps2 came out my freshman year in college. My roommate and I waited outside for 3hrs to get one. Sadly, that was the last PlayStation I’ve played.  I did play Tiger Woods golf on an Xbox 360 for a few weeks.  So how cool is the ps5?   What are the special features?  

As for the game, I fell asleep at half time but I thought the offense looked very good in the first half.  I remember thinking I wish the colts would make the adjustments at the half and shut out the Titans like the ravens did us last week.  Was great to wake up and see they did just that!   I’m really enjoying this defense.  They are extremely fast. 

Archived