Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts resign Marcus Johnson (merge)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, James said:

4th... Would be wild if the Colts waited that long.

I could see it - Ballard is going by his board and not by need - if he waits until round 4, so be it, but he will add some talent through the draft at WR. And the signing of Marcus Johnson will have 0,00 impact on what's happening during the draft. I like Johnson as a depth signing though. Probably WR 4 right now behind Hilton, Pascal and Campbell - Fountain should be ahead of him talent-wise, but who knows after not being on the field the last 2 years.

11 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I bet we don't take one til 3rd or 4th and people lose their minds 

people are going to lose their minds no matter what. We could redo the 1998 draft and 50% of the people on this form would want us to trade back and NOT draft Peyton.

IMO, the only decision that Ballard has made this offseason that impacts the draft is the Buckner trade.  We are no longer in the market for an elite IDL. 

I'm not sure that even the Rivers signing will impact our QB draft strategy beyond what we would normally do with the 34th pick and beyond.

11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Nothing cause he isn't that great...

He is pretty good. Another deep threat who is excellent at tracking the ball. The only game where Jacoby actually threw up 50/50 balls was in Tampa and he actually went up and got them. If he makes the team he will be a good 50/50 guy fit Rivers. But it won’t stop us from taking one at 34.

28 minutes ago, csmopar said:

people are going to lose their minds no matter what. We could redo the 1998 draft and 50% of the people on this form would want us to trade back and NOT draft Peyton.

yep that's one of life's guarantees. Death, taxes, and people complaining about what's done in the draft. 

27 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yeah... I seriously doubt it. Everyone on this forum would be happy to get Burrow at this point, let alone Peyton.

53 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Trading back, seems to be an obsession for many. 

The bulk of the mocks on this forum have trades.

100% agreed 

44 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Team loves mediocre WR play

We've got TY, who when healthy is solid.  Jury's still out on Campbell.

I think the team wants better than 'mediocre WR play', but between Pascal, Johnson, Dulin, Fountain we'll probably be cutting 2-3 guys who will wind up playing on another team.

1 minute ago, CurBeatElite said:

We've got TY, who when healthy is solid.  Jury's still out on Campbell.

I think the team wants better than 'mediocre WR play', but between Pascal, Johnson, Dulin, Fountain we'll probably be cutting 2-3 guys who will wind up playing on another team.

I bet Dulin doesn’t make the team. Pascal will go back to KR since he won’t be the number one WR. Johnson is good depth. 

Ty, Campbell, pascal, draft pick, fountain, Johnson. That looks like a good group of six to me.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Good depth signing I suppose. He's an undrafted WR that caught 17 balls for 277 yards last season. 

Looking deeper, he played in 6 games.   Expand the stats and he could have had 45 catches for 736 yards.  With JB as QB.  He's not a stud, but he is a great depth piece.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is pretty good. Another deep threat who is excellent at tracking the ball. The only game where Jacoby actually threw up 50/50 balls was in Tampa and he actually went up and got them. If he makes the team he will be a good 50/50 guy fit Rivers. But it won’t stop us from taking one at 34.

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

Looking deeper, he played in 6 games.   Expand the stats and he could have had 45 catches for 736 yards.  With JB as QB.  He's not a stud, but he is a great depth piece.

I think we still need to take one or 2.

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Good depth signing I suppose. He's an undrafted WR that caught 17 balls for 277 yards last season. 

Ya Chester Rogers territory.

Just now, Myles said:

I think I'd prefer 1 in the 2nd round and a TE.   Late round WR's may have a ceiling of Johnson or Pascal.  

Pascal has a far higher ceiling than Johnson.

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya Chester Rogers territory.

Pascal has a far higher ceiling than Johnson.

I can't argue that.  I don't think the gap is too big though.   My point is that I don't want to see the Colts draft a WR in the 5th-7th round.   Unless of course someone with great potential is there.  I wouldn't want to see them draft a comparable player to compete with Johnson, Pascal and Fountain.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I'm not sure that even the Rivers signing will impact our QB draft strategy beyond what we would normally do with the 34th pick and beyond.

I'll go 1 step further...  when you draft a QB in the 1st you expect him to play right away.  We traded out of the 1st...  qb taken in the 2nd and beyond, can learn from a vet for a year or 2.  we signed a vet with a year or 2 left in the tank.  Might be a guy we really like in the 2nd round but my money is on us taking someone like Jalen Hurts in the 3rd to sit behind rivers for a couple years then take over.  

Either rivers is solid and a qb can sit behind him, or he sucks and we tank the year for Lawrence

Archived