Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Impressions (Perma Merge)

WarGhost21

21 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I will disagree that he was missing open receivers but I will agree that he wasn’t perfect. People just seems so determined to be done with him. I just hate giving up in a guy that has his locker room qualities. But I will also say that I get excited about the idea of Jordan Love, Justin Herbert, Aaron Gordon or Jalen Hurts getting drafted. Heck I even get excited about Derek Carr. 

I will be interested to see what happens in the 3 months. 

I gave him a chance.  I defended him early because i thought he would improve.  It seems resonable that he missed open recievers because he has trouble reading the whole field.  He isnt a one read QB, but he rarely reads more than 2.   That is concerning because the O-line provided the 2nd most time to throw in the league.  

His best quality is that he is careful with the ball.  Not many turnovers.  He doesnt take chances.  Unfortunately, that leads to mostly close games, ultimately leading to .500 football.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay

So as I watch the Niners game I am noticing that Jimmy G is operating the game in a way thenReich and the Colts want JB to. I have the a huge take...

Jimmy G is no better than JB!!!

If you look at his stats and his bio they are very similar.

Jimmy G is in his third year in Shanahans system. JB is going into his 3rd year in Reichs system. 

Jimmy G is not asked to carry the Team. They have an amazing running attack. Colts are looking to do the same. 

Jimmy G had a great year but he had amazing health on his team. All skill players have been healthy all season JB- we have discussed this a lot this year. 

There have been questions all year about Jimmy G being the guy. Same as JB. The only difference here is that they paid him like the guy, so there is no real debate. 

Niners spent several years sucking and accumulating amazing players on Defense in the draft. They have something like 4 1st rounders on their D line. 

I am just saying that Jimmy G has a great healthy team with an amazing offensive coach, around him. 

JB could have an amazing defense and healthy skills players. He is going into his 3rd. 

51CF1115-F8B7-4DAD-996A-10ED5F08F426.jpeg

Sorry, but MHO is the only thing these two have in common, they both played for NE.

I'm not dissing JB in any way, but it is pretty obvious, he just doesn't have the skills to be a starting QB in this league.  Can he somehow learn these skills in 1, 2 or 3 years? and are you willing to wait that long, while you waste those years putting mileage on the great OLine we currently have?

17 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I may not have said it in the right way. But that is kinda what I’m getting at. I also feel that JB is not that far off from becoming that. 

Yes he is far off.  JG is just an avg NFL QB and JB would have to make a huge leap just to be on JGs level.  JB is a back-up QB; don't know why you are dead set on making him something he''s not.

Jimmy G can pass if you need him to.  They just don't really need him to because they have so much talent. Jacoby on the other if we needed it can't do it, or at least can't do it consistently. And even when the talent is upgraded next year I still don't think he'd be Jimmy G. 

Absolutely ridiculous! Some get upset if we disagree with a post trying to convince people that JB is the answer if given more years or whatever. Then BleedBlue comes up with a post like this which I am now convinced is intended to p!!s people off. I guess you're saying that JB is a super bowl caliber QB if he were with San Francisco. Crazy. 

I think Ben Banugo is as good a rookie pass rusher as Nick Bosa, don't you BleedBlue?

29 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Absolutely ridiculous! Some get upset if we disagree with a post trying to convince people that JB is the answer if given more years or whatever. Then BleedBlue comes up with a post like this which I am now convinced is intended to p!!s people off. I guess you're saying that JB is a super bowl caliber QB if he were with San Francisco. Crazy. 

I think Ben Banugo is as good a rookie pass rusher as Nick Bosa, don't you BleedBlue?

^^^ This!  Glad someone else noticed this, I thought maybe I was just crazy/misinterpreting. He constantly comes up with these posts that tie back to JB (whether directly or indirectly) that cause posters to reference JB than complains "threads derailed, everyone bashing JB, etc...". 

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Jimmy G gets the ball out quicker then Jacoby on passing downs. We will see what happens if he actually has to throw it in the SB.

Yep, that is a huge difference and when he went on that 5 game run at the end of the 2017 season before getting a huge contract before the 2018 season, Kyle Shanahan said he moves like Brady in the pocket but has a fast release like Romo had, faster than that of Brady, and he can make plays outside the pocket as well. Once he has more years under his belt, he will get even better. 2018 unfortunately, he went on IR in a game vs the Chiefs. Now, he will get to make amends in the SB of all games.

He is very much like a slightly better Brady during those 2001-2004 dynasty years when Brady was not near the QB he is now. He gets it that he doesn't have to do too much but when his number is called, his passing delivers what is necessary. He is definitely no slouch in the passing game. Jacoby is not at his level whatsoever. Jimmy G has anticipation and throws his guys open, and takes shots when necessary, something Jacoby is deficient in.

When the Saints scored 46 points, he did what was necessary to win, to put up 48 points, enough said.

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Nick Bosa has games where he doesn't get sacks...they are basically the same player.

1 hour ago, esmort said:

^^^ This!  Glad someone else noticed this, I thought maybe I was just crazy/misinterpreting. He constantly comes up with these posts that tie back to JB (whether directly or indirectly) that cause posters to reference JB than complains "threads derailed, everyone bashing JB, etc...". 

Yep...he creates posts daily that discuss the QB position. Even the thread about wanting to draft a certain QB tie back to the idea of giving JB more time.

6 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Yep...he creates posts daily that discuss the QB position. Even the thread about wanting to draft a certain QB tie back to the idea of giving JB more time.

Love that I am getting so much hate about supporting Jacoby. Lol. 

I guess I will ratchet back my topics and posts for now. I am on record as liking JB. But look at my posts in different topics. I like Herbert at 13, I like Love but at 13 he makes me nervous. I have also said I really like Carr. 

I just post stuff because I am interested in what if’s and if people see the things I see. Bunt whatever. Y’all enjoy bashing the team you support for the next 3 months. 

2 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Love that I am getting so much hate about supporting Jacoby. Lol. 

I guess I will ratchet back my topics and posts for now. I am on record as liking JB. But look at my posts in different topics. I like Herbert at 13, I like Love but at 13 he makes me nervous. I have also said I really like Carr. 

I just post stuff because I am interested in what if’s and if people see the things I see. Bunt whatever. Y’all enjoy bashing the team you support for the next 3 months. 

No one is bashing the team. We are bashing the posts that rile the fan bash with ridiculous statements such as the one suggesting JB =Garappolo. This is not bashing JB either but more defending him against unrealistic expectations or comparisons.

12 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

No one is bashing the team. We are bashing the posts that rile the fan bash with ridiculous statements such as the one suggesting JB =Garappolo. This is not bashing JB either but more defending him against unrealistic expectations or comparisons.

Trust me when I say that I am not trying to rile anyone up.  I am simply making a comparison.  Is JB the same and Jimmy G, no.  But the teams could be built very similar and JB could do what the Niners are asking of Jimmy G, YES.  That was my point.

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Next topic will be Brissett = Mahomestenor.gif?itemid=10953129

This made me LOL. If the 49ers win, he'll point to it and say we can win a SB with Brissett. If the Chiefs win, he'll say Brissett could do the same as Mahomes if he had better weapons. His posts are ridiculous!

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This made me LOL. If the 49ers win, he'll point to it and say we can win a SB with Brissett. If the Chiefs win, he'll say Brissett could do the same as Mahomes if he had better weapons. His posts are ridiculous!

Haha, I would love for you not to tell me what I'm gonna do.  I would never say that JB could be Mahomes.  Sorry for trying to be optimistic with our QB.  Maybe I should just join everyone else in their bashing and comparing him to Curtis Painter or Scott Tolzien. 

I would point out again, that go back and look at the beginning of this forum thread through the first 8 games and you see alot of people feeling really good about him and our future. Then he gets hurt, alot of playmakers get hurt and he shows regression, then he is the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

I have never said I wouldn't draft a QB or look to upgrade, but as long as JB is the QB1, heck yeah i'm gonna support him and hope that he finds a next level.

4 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Haha, I would love for you not to tell me what I'm gonna do.  I would never say that JB could be Mahomes.  Sorry for trying to be optimistic with our QB.  Maybe I should just join everyone else in their bashing and comparing him to Curtis Painter or Scott Tolzien. 

I would point out again, that go back and look at the beginning of this forum thread through the first 8 games and you see alot of people feeling really good about him and our future. Then he gets hurt, alot of playmakers get hurt and he shows regression, then he is the worst QB in the history of the NFL.

I have never said I wouldn't draft a QB or look to upgrade, but as long as JB is the QB1, heck yeah i'm gonna support him and hope that he finds a next level.

It's fine to be optimistic and support the team, but you have to pick your battles. While it's not a guarantee that Brissett is bad, teams have adjusted to him (which lead to a sharp decline) and people on this forum won't see him as a possible solid QB unless he balls out next year (so you can't convince us he's any good right now). Pick your battles, this is a losing one.

I'm optimistic about the rest of the team, but even I can't stand Brissett right now.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's fine to be optimistic and support the team, but you have to pick your battles. While it's not a guarantee that Brissett is bad, teams have adjusted to him (which lead to a sharp decline) and people on this forum won't see him as a possible solid QB unless he balls out next year (so you can't convince us he's any good right now). Pick your battles, this is a losing one.

I'm optimistic about the rest of the team, but even I can't stand Brissett right now.

Thanks for the tip.  We will all just have to see how he responds over the offseason and next season.

All this hate for Brissett is coming from fans who think they know better than the GM and coaches.

Brissett will get his chance to still be the starter for the Colts in training camp and pre season. I am not going to rag on him at this time because there are too many variables to consider. 

I do think Ballard will bring in a veteran QB or draft another QB. 

I don't have a clue on what the outcome will be but I am not joining the ranks of those who think he is no good like so many think. 

The NFL has a long history of QBs who became very good QBs later in their careers. 

This non stop whining and b****ing stuff is getting old. 

3 hours ago, runthepost said:

Next topic will be Brissett = Mahomestenor.gif?itemid=10953129

I mean... we already had the Brissett>Luck and Brissett>Mahomes threads and posts when we beat them and were 5-2. You know... when we ran for 200 yards and the defense shut down hobbled Mahomes without any of his weapons... so it's not that far fetched. 

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I mean... we already had the Brissett>Luck and Brissett>Mahomes threads and posts when we beat them and were 5-2. You know... when we ran for 200 yards and the defense shut down hobbled Mahomes without any of his weapons... so it's not that far fetched. 

I can say for a fact, that wasn't me.  I would never compare him to Mahomes.

Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now.

Archived