Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I want number 10 in a Colts uniform next season.

Never would have thought Luck would retire. Didn’t see it coming. I get it though and don’t blame him at all. I’ve studied Herbert for a few years and (besides Trevor) he has been my favorite college QB for the past few years. 

Ballard is a smart man. He has to see the inadequacies at Oregon. Number 10 is a stud, and in my opinion he is the best QB in this draft. I hope he falls far enough for Ballard to move up and get him. 5-10 is all we need. We are in striking distance. 

Imagine Justin Herbert and Frank.... Look what he has done with Foles and Brissett. 

Crossing fingers.....

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

138 yards passing.

We have running backs.

i gotta see more to be sold.

Then watch the rest of his college career and stop pretending that reading the stat line from one game is better than actually scouting the player. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I'm sold. Ballard needs to trade up for once, and stop hoarding these hit or miss second round picks. 

He could be a hit or miss first-round pick. We need sure things in the first round, like a top defensive tackle or receiver.

• Like 5

Yes...I posted support for Justin Herbert earlier today in another thread. He is the QB that I would like to see Ballard target and get from this year’s class.  He can run, pass, has good size and demonstrates solid character and leadership. Checks a lot of boxes in my opinion.  I expect his stock to rise in the coming months.  If Ballard wants him...he will have to move up and get him. 

• Like 1

Only way we get Herbert is if we trade into the top five. Herbert could be a target for the chargers or panthers. If by some miracle he gets past those teams, the raiders could also be a landing spot. I do want him though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Never would have thought Luck would retire. Didn’t see it coming. I get it though and don’t blame him at all. I’ve studied Herbert for a few years and (besides Trevor) he has been my favorite college QB for the past few years. 

Ballard is a smart man. He has to see the inadequacies at Oregon. Number 10 is a stud, and in my opinion he is the best QB in this draft. I hope he falls far enough for Ballard to move up and get him. 5-10 is all we need. We are in striking distance. 

Imagine Justin Herbert and Frank.... Look what he has done with Foles and Brissett. 

Crossing fingers.....

Seriously, answer me this, what has Reich done to elevate JB? What has JB done better since coming here from NE? Foles, maybe a better argument for but JB is still the same thing, possibly worse, than when he arrived. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Then watch the rest of his college career and stop pretending that reading the stat line from one game is better than actually scouting the player. 

I just got ticketed by the opinion police

snd i watched the game.  Still not overly impressed

I watched him today for the first time.   He has good size, Peyton Manning like size but is a much better runner.  I like the fact that he is a good runner.  Showed to be a winner today.  I didn't like early in the game he got his passed block and he is a tall QB, but it happens sometimes.  That interception was a low pass the LB on the line just had to reach up to get it.   If we take him #1, I would not be upset.  I do like DT Derrick Brown at #1 if available to give us a solid defensive and offensive line.  Darius Leonard would excel even more behind him.

7 hours ago, Superman said:

I have questions about Herbert, but I really like him. He made two big throws to put that game away (three, but one was dropped on the previous drive), and seeing him kind of break character and show some emotion at the end was endearing. 

I hate Cristobal. How do you take your best player at the most important position of football out of a bowl game for most of that game? Literally EVERY SINGLE good thing on offense for Oregon was done by Herbert and instead of using a top 5-10 pick in the draft at QB, Cristobal decided to pound it inside against a top run defense in the country. Insanity. What a horribly playcalled game. Atrocious. He's been doing that almost all season too. Oregon are lucky to win this one because of the insane efficiency of Herbert in the rare instances he actually got to make a play and the defense and special teams. 

Ballard and co have to do their work on Herbert and the leadership concerns that are floating around, but I would have zero qualms if he decided to trade up and get him based on his play and the traits he's shown.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Superman said:

I have questions about Herbert, but I really like him. He made two big throws to put that game away (three, but one was dropped on the previous drive), and seeing him kind of break character and show some emotion at the end was endearing. 

I agree with your point and I've been keeping an eye on him all year as well.  I do have concerns that as a fourth year senior he didn't lead his team more.  I expected BIG things from him this year and we got flashes, moments. His tangibles are off the chart his intangibles leave me to wonder a bit. All in all I like him but not sure why as a fourth year senior he didn't have a larger impact on that team.  I hate talking draft Jan 1. :)

Saw Herbert for the first time in the game yesterday.  I like what I saw...big arm, tall QB, can run, and he's a top academic student, too.

I know there are no 100% guarantees with any college QB going to the NFL and we see great success stories from guys drafted in the later rounds, too.

It's not an exact science, because if it were, then there'd be 32 great quarterbacks in the NFL.

I'm confident that if he Colts draft a QB, then we have the right people evaluating the draft prospects.  Reich knows the position, so that gives us a bit of an edge in evaluations.

It's more than just stats, or measureables, but includes character and leadership and potential.

We haven't had to think much about any QB we've drafted for over 20 years...they were no brainers before and we had the #1 pick each time.  Going to be more challenging this time around.

• Like 1

This is a good story on how Herbert has grown as a leader. Everything I have read about him he has the exact personality as Luck. His teammates love him.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/01/as-his-takes-the-biggest-stage-of-his-storied-oregon-ducks-career-justin-herbert-reflects-on-how-he-improved-during-senior-season.html?outputType=amp

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Only way we get Herbert is if we trade into the top five. Herbert could be a target for the chargers or panthers. If by some miracle he gets past those teams, the raiders could also be a landing spot. I do want him though.

Top 5? Nah. Burrow and Tua will likely go in the top 5, but most mocks have Herbert going between 6-11, which is definitely within striking distance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Top 5? Nah. Burrow and Tua will likely go in the top 5, but most mocks have Herbert going between 6-11, which is definitely within striking distance. 

If he goes 6, you have to trade up to 5 to get him. 

• Like 1

Herbert held his own against arguably the best defense in college football. He had to use he legs a lot more this game because of the bad play calling and his wr’s weren’t consistently getting open.

Wisconsin had double the time of possession which didn’t give Herbert many opportunities. In the end he still found a way to win despite the circumstances and won offensive MVP. Herbert has a ton of potential and I think will be great in Reich offense. 

1 minute ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Herbert held his own against arguably the best defense in college football. He had to use he legs a lot more this game because of the bad play calling and his wr’s weren’t consistently getting open.

Wisconsin had double the time of possession which didn’t give Herbert many opportunities. In the end he still found a way to win despite the circumstances and won offensive MVP. Herbert has a ton of potential and I think will be great in Reich offense. 

Wisconsin is far from the best defense in CFB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Alright, let's get technical then. We would actually have to trade with the Giants at 4 because both the Fins and Chargers are likely to take QB's. I'd be willing to pay that cost for Tua, but not Herbert. 

That's fair... what is the respective price you would pay for all the QBs? Start with the highest ranked and then for the next one assume you missed on the previous one. 

Here are mine(absolute most I would give up):

Burrow - #13 + 2 future 1sts + one of our second + future 3d

Tua - no idea... if I had good certainty he will be healthy #13 + the 2 seconds(or 1 future 1st. whichever the team I'm trading with likes best). 

Love - #13 + one of the seconds

Herbert - #13 + 3d

Eason - #34 + 3d (in other words I'd try to get him at the end of the 1st by jumping with the WAS pick)

Fromm - 3d

Hurts -4th

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Lawrence had to do the same thing when Clemson played OSU. He didn’t have to many big throws either.

15 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Alright, let's get technical then. We would actually have to trade with the Giants at 4 because both the Fins and Chargers are likely to take QB's. I'd be willing to pay that cost for Tua, but not Herbert. 

I would never move up for TUA. To much uncertainty and injury prone.