Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts starting to crumble?

Hammer

9 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Seems odd the Coaching staff knew nothing of Ebron's ankle issues. Is it possible that Ebron wants out so he can sign with a team next year that has a bonafide passing game?

Seriously?

The coaching staff did know he had an ankle issue a few weeks ago. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes the season is crumbling. We’ve just been dealt to tough of a hand with Andrew last second announcement and all the injuries. I mean seriously look at who we’ve had to rely on offense. Backup running back, backup QB, backup to the backup receiver. That’s not even getting to the defense. Leonard’s missed a few, Hooker’s missed a few, turay out for the year, desir, ya sin, Willis, Moore’s been banged up. I mean most teams would crumble under all of this. I thought the light preseason and holding guys out here and there would help some. I just don’t see us finishing the last quarter of the season strong, with all the issues the team has had to deal with. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammer said:

Seems odd the Coaching staff knew nothing of Ebron's ankle issues. Is it possible that Ebron wants out so he can sign with a team next year that has a bonafide passing game?

Really.  They have known for quite some.  He was on the injury report for it at least once.  Some players try to play through injuries.  Maybe this is a case where the team should have held him out instead of letting him play and hurting it more.  FR explanation was not perfectly clear and seemed rather wishy washy to me.   I think the fans who are piling on EE are overreacting and maybe just maybe the team might have mishandled his injury.  I suppose we will never know the truth but to put all of this EE and painting him as a selfish player and not a team player is way too extreme and not fair IMO. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hammer said:

100% this.  I think this was a business decision between him and his agent.  It is the perfect time to shut it down, because he can claim:

1.  Numbers are down because of bad QB play.  I can get back to 2018 stats with a semi competent QB.

2.  I want to go to a team that passes more (virtually all do)

3.  I wasn't healthy for the season and thats why my numbers were down.

This is all positioning for another contract, from another team.  He either doesn't want to play for this team any longer (remember the tweet he liked a couple of weeks ago), or he doesn't feel the team wants him any longer and he is "getting his resume ready...as in excuses".  

So be it, he is a "Me, Me, Me" guy anyway.  Also, his drops are maddening and drive killing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bhougland said:

100% this.  I think this was a business decision between him and his agent.  It is the perfect time to shut it down, because he can claim:

1.  Numbers are down because of bad QB play.  I can get back to 2018 stats with a semi competent QB.

2.  I want to go to a team that passes more (virtually all do)

3.  I wasn't healthy for the season and thats why my numbers were down.

This is all positioning for another contract, from another team.  He either doesn't want to play for this team any longer (remember the tweet he liked a couple of weeks ago), or he doesn't feel the team wants him any longer and he is "getting his resume ready...as in excuses".  

So be it, he is a "Me, Me, Me" guy anyway.  Also, his drops are maddening and drive killing.

What tweet? Can you share please? 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Seriously?

The coaching staff did know he had an ankle issue a few weeks ago. 

from Ebrons post he said he’s been dealing with the injury before the season started. There is some discrepancy with the information that is currently being shared, it’s sorta all over the place.

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Well... he's kinda leaving the rest of the team to hang. Not cool.

If he doesn't  want to be here then good riddance.  Honestly  probably  will tough to get and free agent wr or te to come here until we start passing  more

Just now, Patrick Miller said:

Well... he's kinda leaving the rest of the team to hang. Not cool.

He's having surgery man.  It's not like he's going to Tahiti or something.  

Brissett's less than mediocrity at QB is going to have a ripple effect.  People will not want to sign here and the org will have to overpay to get people to resign with JB at QB.  Even though he's a good, popular guy apparantly, nice guys finish last and money talks and bovine fecal matter walks.

It's an issue.  It's time to move on IMO, no later than game 13 or so if we fall out of contention.  I have no opinion on Chad Kelly, but if we are out of it, they should see what he has, and then look elsewhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

What tweet? Can you share please? 

I saw the actual Tweet but I can't find it now.  Basically, he was giving "likes" to people saying that he should leave the Colts and join their team.  Probably nothing, but why would you do that?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bhougland said:

I saw the actual Tweet but I can't find it now.  Basically, he was giving "likes" to people saying that he should leave the Colts and join their team.  Probably nothing, but why would you do that?

Looks like hilton may be our versus titans. His calf is still not right

Going to post this in both the "Scary Truth" and "Crumbling" threads... lol

Total O - Bottom 10ish (22nd)

Run O - Top 5 (3rd)

Pas O - Bottom 5 (28th)

OL - Top 5

Total D - Slightly above average median (13th)

Pass D - Average (16th)

Rush D - Top 10 (8th)

DL - Slightly above average

The only thing really scary about this team is the passing game. Everything else is average to elite. The only thing that is crumbling is the fan base's patience and interest. I think waning is a better word than crumbling.

Sure we need upgrades in some non-QB areas, but overall this team is much more solid front to back than in the past. The only gaping hole right now is the passing game. And that can be impacted with a good pick or two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

He's having surgery man.  It's not like he's going to Tahiti or something.  

Brissett's less than mediocrity at QB is going to have a ripple effect.  People will not want to sign here and the org will have to overpay to get people to resign with JB at QB.  Even though he's a good, popular guy apparantly, nice guys finish last and money talks and bovine fecal matter walks.

It's an issue.  It's time to move on IMO, no later than game 13 or so if we fall out of contention.  I have no opinion on Chad Kelly, but if we are out of it, they should see what he has, and then look elsewhere.

Is he though?  Having surgery I mean. What exactly is wrong with his ankles? 

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Wait, how did the team just find out? 

He directly mentions the team knew in his letter: 

EKPrkqqXsAI_G9Z.jpg

To answer your question:

Ebron had an ankle scan way back during camp.  Frank Reich said the scan wasn't perfectly clean, but still looked very good and everyone agreed there shouldn't be any limitations whatsoever.

Per Reich, pretty much the entire season goes by with Ebron not mentioning anything about the ankle.  I'll let Frank summarize what happens next:

"Then, last week sometime, I don’t know if it flared up at practice or if it was the result of a previous game, but that was the first time that it had flared up to the point where it affected him as far as practice."

Ebron's version of the story is not matching up with Reich's.

A few weeks ago, Ebron went to Reich's office begging for more targets.  Then, a few weeks later, he asks the team to be put on IR, after one of the team's worst passing performances of the season?  All this coming at the end of a contract year?

Things that make you go "hmmm."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

we lose sunday season is over

2 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

If we lose to the titans ,they are crumbling and I'm suicidal.

Well, I am going to watch all the games, and enjoy every one. Sorry that the teams fortunes affect you that way.

• Like 1