Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Colts starting to crumble?

Hammer

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

2. He's always had issue with core/body drops, so why is anyone surprised when it happens. It happened last year too. People just didn't care as much because we used him successfully so much in the RZ. Also, TY has almost drops in half the season that he did all year in 2018. Does TY need glasses, or perhaps the pass quality has diminished.

4. He was honest that he came here because he wanted to get passes from AL. AL is gone. Maybe he wants to go somewhere now with a high quality passer? He has ranted many times about his love for Indy. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

I liked your post, and had to add my opinion on this: 

2. I think everyone has had more drops due to the QB change. JB has a rocket launcher arm, but sometimes it's way too much for WR's to handle. Many times he's throwing as hard as he can because the throw is late and he's trying to fit it into a tight window. 

4. Couldn't agree more. - I personally think he's gonzies after this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

2. I think everyone has had more drops due to the QB change. JB has a rocket launcher arm, but sometimes it's way too much for WR's to handle. Many times he's throwing as hard as he can because the throw is late and he's trying to fit it into a tight window. 

This is absolutely true.  We all know he has trouble throwing to the receiver as he breaks.  I had hoped that would improve as the season progressed, but Brissett hasn't improved.  He is what he is.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I liked your post, and had to add my opinion on this: 

4. Couldn't agree more. - I personally think he's gonzies after this year. 

On 2 - yup, and it's not just touch or lack of. It's timing/anticipation too. In TY's case, he's locked in a lot on TY and forced a bunch in tight coverage instead of moving on to down reads.

4 - agree.

On 11/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, bhougland said:

100% this.  I think this was a business decision between him and his agent.  It is the perfect time to shut it down, because he can claim:

1.  Numbers are down because of bad QB play.  I can get back to 2018 stats with a semi competent QB.

2.  I want to go to a team that passes more (virtually all do)

3.  I wasn't healthy for the season and thats why my numbers were down.

This is all positioning for another contract, from another team.  He either doesn't want to play for this team any longer (remember the tweet he liked a couple of weeks ago), or he doesn't feel the team wants him any longer and he is "getting his resume ready...as in excuses".  

So be it, he is a "Me, Me, Me" guy anyway.  Also, his drops are maddening and drive killing.

Playing with Brissett is not career-enhancing for any receiving TE or WR...your stats will be way down...better to get out of Indy.

• Like 1

I agree, defense hasn't crumbled. Houston, Walker, Sheard, Leonard won't let them....and Stewart has improved, Willis shows promise. Not sold on Ya-Sin but maybe he will improve.

But the coaching has regressed...the special teams, to a degree the OL, play calling, and the curious way players can be put into disfavor - like Wilson, Lewis, and the way Williams got benched in the Titans game. Reich and Ballard professing absolute faith in Brissett is what they have to say, hopefully not what they think in their heart of hearts.  

Add in injuries, and things like the Ebron saga, and the offense looks like a cookie after a steamroller ran over it. 17 points a game just doesn't cut it in the modern NFL.

I do believe this season is a wash. But this team has a lot of young talent and strong leaders. Nelson will make sure the line holds a high standard. Leonard and more are leaders by play. Okereke is developing very well. We close to becoming very stout on D. We need another good rotational piece on the line, one linebacker to rotate, and another CB. The biggest issue to address is QB Jacoby is almost at his ceiling dude isnt going to get that much better, we need his replacement soon or a plan to win with him while bridging to the next guy. We need more competition at TE and WR. Hell maybe we go power house and get a FB and better blocking TE and become a power run team.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, boo2202 said:

Yes the season is crumbling. We’ve just been dealt to tough of a hand with Andrew last second announcement and all the injuries. I mean seriously look at who we’ve had to rely on offense. Backup running back, backup QB, backup to the backup receiver. That’s not even getting to the defense. Leonard’s missed a few, Hooker’s missed a few, turay out for the year, desir, ya sin, Willis, Moore’s been banged up. I mean most teams would crumble under all of this. I thought the light preseason and holding guys out here and there would help some. I just don’t see us finishing the last quarter of the season strong, with all the issues the team has had to deal with. 

I generally agree with all this.  We were dealt a big blow to begin the season and the injury bug has bitten us worse than what might be considered normal.  We’ve been thumped not only by the “who”, but also then “when”, the “what”, and the “how long”.

But I also think we should (but won’t) consider other options at QB in the off-season and should’ve (but didn’t) wish Vinatieri a happy retirement some time ago.

1 hour ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I do believe this season is a wash. But this team has a lot of young talent and strong leaders. Nelson will make sure the line holds a high standard. Leonard and more are leaders by play. Okereke is developing very well. We close to becoming very stout on D. We need another good rotational piece on the line, one linebacker to rotate, and another CB. The biggest issue to address is QB Jacoby is almost at his ceiling dude isnt going to get that much better, we need his replacement soon or a plan to win with him while bridging to the next guy. We need more competition at TE and WR. Hell maybe we go power house and get a FB and better blocking TE and become a power run team.

Moore not more my bad