Indianapolis Colts
Imgrandojji

Brissett getting some MVP/ProBowl love?

Starting to hear some whispers guys.  Mostly on twitter among fans rather than media folk, although Peter King is clearly a fan.

He's one of the top players in touchdowns and TD/pick rate.  He's had a couple of signature wins against tough competition.  He's starting to get just a little bit of attention.  Not enough to win this year but maybe enough to set him up for MVP runs in the future?

Of course he needs to have a strong second half.  But Brissett is off to a potential Pro-bowl caliber start after the win against the Texans.  We might have been wrong about him not being elite.  He could wind up shocking the world at this rate.

• Like 6

Pretty impressive today . Starting to wonder if I'm going to eat my words saying that he was an elite backup or lower level starter at best. I would have been happy if we traded him for a high 4th this April. Never saw him see the field like he did today . Plus pocket presence was also a plus.

I would say he might make the pro bowl. Luck never got voted to the pro bowl only as a alternate. But with luck retiring JB gets more attention now. Andrew walker of the colts had a story mentioning MVP and how the whispers are starting.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Way.... Tooooo Soooooooon

lol

It's week 7 . Season's almost half over.  I don't think it's too soon to talk about early candidates for end of season awards

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

It's week 7 . Season's almost half over.  I don't think it's too soon to talk about early candidates for end of season awards

JB had an awesome game. Best game ever in his career.

But it's only one game, and he had a sub 50 QBR prior to today. 

It's great to be happy (I'm hyped as heck), but MVP talk is silly at this point.

• Like 1

I highly doubt he’ll get much MVP love. As for the Pro Bowl, my early predictions are for Jackson and Watson to get two of the spots along with Brady. I wouldn’t rule anything out in terms of JB potentially being an alternate, but who knows. 

One of the SNF commentators just opined that Brissett was the best quarterback in the AFC.  Backed it up by saying "who else is playing better?"

he was shut down and reminded that Brady exists.  But it's not just us getting a bit excited :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

JB had an awesome game. Best game ever in his career.

But it's only one game, and he had a sub 50 QBR prior to today. 

It's great to be happy (I'm hyped as heck), but MVP talk is silly at this point.

He isn't going to win the MVP.  I don't think Luck would have won an MVP in this offense.   Frank wants balance.  Take what the defense is giving you.    I think today's performance will get the extra safety out of the box and we can ground and pound, and then the play action is open.    It isn't about one guy

• Like 5

During the Dallas Philly halftime show, Rodney Harrison just called Jacoby Brissett the best QB in the AFC right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Rodney Harrison just called Jacoby Brissett the best QB in the AFC right now. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

During the Dallas Philly halftime show, Rodney Harrison just called Jacoby Brissett the best QB in the AFC right now. 

It's a bit of a stretch to put it mildly, but if he's in hot-take range of end of season recognition he's doing something right

That is a pretty big deal for Harrison to say that. Lamar just beat the Seahawks today and is playing well also. With Mahomes being hurt JB is in that conversation behind Brady though.

He is good for one bad turnover every game, he needs to clean that up. But he had a great day except for the fumble

• Confused 4

Just now, indyagent17 said:

He is good for one bad turnover every game, he needs to clean that up. But he had a great day except for the fumble

He is not good for one turnover a game.    He takes care of the ball very well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes he is check the stats 

Fumbles and interceptions 

• Like 2

He deserves some pro-bowl love but then again so many people opt of the pro-bowl Luck might make the pro-bowl.  

50 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

That’s true.  But, while Jacoby may have a shot at making the Pro Bowl, he’s not going to be MVP.  That said, if he keeps playing at this level, he’ll deserve some kind of award.

Yeah I don't think he's actually gonna get the MVP.  But it means something that a minority of people think he deserves to be in the conversation.

Just now, luv_pony_express said:

That’s true.  But, while Jacoby may have a shot at making the Pro Bowl, he’s not going to be MVP.  That said, if he keeps playing at this level, he’ll deserve some kind of award.

If the NFL had a most improved award like the NBA he’d be in the running for that.

Jacoby is playing well but I'm even more excited at the overall well-roundedness of the team.  Not too many weaknesses to be found right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

One turnover a game IS taking care of the ball very well

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Jacoby is playing well but I'm even more excited at the overall well-roundedness of the team.  Not too many weaknesses to be found right now.

Very true! Rock seems to be picked on a lot but that’s really about it

We didn't hear a peep out of most of the secondary tonight.

Which is exactly what you want to hear out of a secondary.  

The defense is maturing at a breakneck pace.  Full credit to Reich and Eberflus.

I posted this observation in another thread but we are very VERY stingy about surrendering leads.  I think at this point we've done it once all year, twice if you count giving up a tying score.  That's a great job done by our D and the secondary in particular

8 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

We didn't hear a peep out of most of the secondary tonight.

Which is exactly what you want to hear out of a secondary.  

The defense is maturing at a breakneck pace.  Full credit to Reich and Eberflus.

I posted this observation in another thread but we are very VERY stingy about surrendering leads.  I think at this point we've done it once all year, twice if you count giving up a tying score.  That's a great job done by our D and the secondary in particular

Re: giving up leads, and I'll preface this by saying this is VERY nitpicky, but I wish when we were passing in the 4th qtr. our recievers would have stayed in bounds to keep the clock moving.  That is the difference between good and great teams.  As far as MVP, we are a balanced team, so it doesn't seem likely.  But he played lights out today.  I'm still on that Brissett train!!

23 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Very true! Rock seems to be picked on a lot but that’s really about it

Even some of the passes on Rock he had good coverage. I think the one down the sideline to Stills was almost perfect coverage but it was just an incredible throw by Watson.

48 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Yes he is check the stats 

Fumbles and interceptions 

lol so what the hell was luck..he had a hell of a knack for both in the most crucial times and or causing us to be in some of our best comebacks due to them..quite frankly they happen but one thing Jb does better is keep it with Us rather than the opposing team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

this is why I usually avoid the forum after wins this season lmao

I love you as a poster and you are my friend but if JB's performance today didn't convince you he is good I have no idea what will. I had the same problem when Paul George left town and we got Dipo. I said no way Dipo could be as good as George, I even thought the Pacers would stink without George. I was wrong. You are wrong here, JB is good, we are in 1st place, end of story :thmup:

He did scan the field for secondary receivers better today. I will grant him that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

MVP? No...that is a bit silly. 

As for Pro Bowl...I suppose it could happen. The AFC isn’t exactly stacked at QB this year...but it’s going to be hard to get past Mahomes (assuming he comes back in a few weeks), Lamar, Watson and Brady. Though one of those will likely sit out. We will see what happens.

Let's just not get ahead of ourselves. I'm not superstitious - or am I? -, but I've seen too many times that it works like the Madden cover, e.g. as soon as the media starts talking about a young player, he gets injured or drops an egg.

So just let him be under the radar please. :)

• Thanks 1

If you’re looking at the stats of of the other QBs that have been mentioned for MVP, his are just as good. And his team has a good record. He is the best QB in the AFC so far this year. He’s outplayed even Brady.

8 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Re: giving up leads, and I'll preface this by saying this is VERY nitpicky, but I wish when we were passing in the 4th qtr. our recievers would have stayed in bounds to keep the clock moving.  That is the difference between good and great teams.  As far as MVP, we are a balanced team, so it doesn't seem likely.  But he played lights out today.  I'm still on that Brissett train!!

That’s a coaching thing.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love you as a poster and you are my friend but if JB's performance today didn't convince you he is good I have no idea what will. I had the same problem when Paul George left town and we got Dipo. I said no way Dipo could be as good as George, I even thought the Pacers would stink without George. I was wrong. You are wrong here, JB is good, we are in 1st place, end of story :thmup:

yeah no 1 game against a crippled Texans D isnt gonna make me believe he is the next franchise QB. I don't care what he did yesterday it doesn't make the other average as hell games go away. now if he can build on this game and continue to play well sure but no way am I gonna flip out and praise him or any player in the NFL after 1 game. he can very easily come out next week and play terrible.