Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich : The Chiefs outcoached and outplayed us .

HOF19

2 minutes ago, James said:

Yes. A lot of delusional folks here talk about the refs. Lets not get carried away with the refs here, the Colts beat the Colts.

Ebron dropped an open third down catch to force a 3 & out on the first drive of the game.

Conservative play calling the entire game, not going for it on 4th and short on two seperate occasions down 2 scores in the first half.

A dozen RIGHTLY CALLED offside penalties to keep drives alive for Kansas City.

Luck taking a sack on 3rd and short instead of throwing it away making it 4th and long.

Luck throwing to the flat for no gain on 3rd and long when the Colts NEEDED a score.

Leaving points on the board with missed kicks which elevated the scoreboard pressure. Without Vinny’s pathetic kicking the Colts would have been within a TD - despite being abysmal.

The refs missed some calls and had some bad no-calls against the Colts, but Indianapolis weren’t ready.

Poor coaching and decision making by the players and stuff all day. Thoroughly outplayed by the better team.

The Colts were out played and out classed in every way today.

With that said the 2003 Pats look at this game and go man the Chiefs DBs got away with a lot of holding that wasn’t called.

Did it change the outcome of the game?  No.  Does that make it acceptable if I am the NFL?  No.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Reich went away from the run early and they stopped Luck over and over. Never got going on offense. Whenever we become one-dimensional, we lose. In the 4th quarter, we run the ball with Mack and Hines and score a td. Needed to do that earlier.

I would have been happy to be one dimensional. We weren’t close to that. 

• Like 1

When we played the Texans, we came out and scored 14 points early. We did it by converting 3rd downs. We were 0-9 in third downs today -- thanks to dropped passes, mental mistakes (Ebron running a 5-yard route on 3rd and 6), and playing finesse football in the playoffs.

On third downs, the Colts went empty formation and threw the ball. The Chiefs ran it right up the gut on every third down and short, and on every 4th down play -- all resulting in first downs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, James said:

Yes. A lot of delusional folks here talk about the refs. Lets not get carried away with the refs here, the Colts beat the Colts.

Ebron dropped an open third down catch to force a 3 & out on the first drive of the game.

Conservative play calling the entire game, not going for it on 4th and short on two seperate occasions down 2 scores in the first half.

Luck taking a sack on 3rd and short instead of throwing it away making it 4th and long.

Luck throwing to the flat for no gain on 3rd and long when the Colts NEEDED a score.

Leaving points on the board with missed kicks which elevated the scoreboard pressure. Without Vinny’s pathetic kicking the Colts would have been within a TD - despite being abysmal.

The refs missed some calls and had some bad no-calls against the Colts, but the Colts weren’t ready.

Poor coaching and decision making by the players and stuff all day. Thoroughly outplayed by the better team.

I agree. This team today was a junior varsity coached/played team. 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I see where you're coming from and agree. The defense was the only positive in this game. Heck of a job by them.

I don’t think the defense did a great job  at all today. This whole team today was awful. We held once they started to back off being agressive. Not one part of this team today made me feel good. 

I feel food that that we have cap space and draft capital next season. I still feel we have the right people running the team but nothing about this game was good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Other than the fact Vinatieri probably won't be back, I'm not sure what you can take from this game that we didn't already know.  This D will struggle against elite offenses and we need more weapons on offense.  We need pass rushers and secondary help.

Also, Glowinski picked a bad day to have a crap game, with a new contract in sight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, James said:

The refs missed some calls and had some bad no-calls against the Colts, but the Colts weren’t ready.

For awhile I thought Pagano was still coaching Reichs game plan was pathetic 

• Thanks 1

The funny thing is, with the blocked punt and the fumble, the Chiefs tried to choke the game away like they always do, but we were so off today...  We were so off our game, they finally ran into a choke-proof opponent.  Lol

Against New England, I'm sure they'll be back to choking next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

The defense got us in a hole right away, 2 TD's on first 2 possessions AND took away any plans on running.

We could of still ran. It was only 2 possessions at the time. That's on Reich for panicking. They also made a lot of plays as well. Not a lot you can do Vs the Chiefs. The O-Line is what was horrible.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, James said:

The Colts certainly didn’t do themselves any favors - dropped passes, missed kicks, stupid penalties, bad blocking.

But, let’s face it, the Chiefs thumped us on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

The offensive gane plan was non existent. Forgetting what got us here. They got way to cocky thinking they could get into a shootout with them.  We had no identify on offense.  Despite the chiefs scoring  31 I think we could of scored if we would of been who we have been all year. We tried to be who we aren’t.

i should of seen this coming. with franks interview with Dungy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I see where you're coming from and agree. The defense was the only positive in this game. Heck of a job by them.

Hah.........D was positive? Did u watch the same game as I did.  Both sides of the ball were totally thrown aside. What's so hard bout saying that the Chiefs have more talent? Now we shall c if this team can rebound.  Sometimes getting totally man handled makes a team grow faster

We saw no game plan today. If there was one it went out the window after the first play. 

I hope Reich understands he can’t  be dancing with the players after one playoff win. They are young and it has been a exciting season but he has to get their attention that we haven’t won anything.

On WED I also noticed the music playing during practice and the manic dancing all over. Starting next year we have got to grow up and take it a lot more serious.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coltsva said:

I like this coaching staff a lot, but repeatedly seeing an empty backfield on 3rd or 4th and short drives me nuts.

They did this under Pagano too and it drove me nuts then and still does now.  That and throwing it 30 yards down field when you just need five on third or fourth.  For the most part they have gotten away from the later but to the first point at least keep a back in the backfield to keep them honest.  I am fine if you want to throw out of that, heck play action might even be the smart call, but don’t take away the run option completely!

• Like 1

Not many expected the team to make the playoffs this season, yet Reich got them there. Not only did we get there but we got past the first round. There is no shame in losing to the top seeded team in the conference. We overachieved and should be proud of this team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We saw no game plan today. If there was one it went out the window after the first play. 

I hope Reich understands he can’t  be dancing with the players after one playoff win. They are young and it has been a exciting season but he has to get their attention that we haven’t won anything.

On WED I also noticed the music playing during practice and the manic dancing all over. Starting next year we have got to grow up and take it a lot more serious.

Every NFL team practices to music.  It provides juice.  It also helps to simulate noise.

There are several reasons the Colts lost today.  Dancing last Saturday and on Wednesday aren't even remotely close to being on the list.

Also, let's please not lose sight of the fact that nobody expected this team to make the playoffs, let alone win a road playoff game, in the second year (first year with a new coaching staff) of a major rebuild, playing with one of the youngest (if not the youngest) rosters in the NFL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We as fans got this false since, that what we did in the last two division games against our AFC south teams , would carry over to the elite teams in the AFC.  There is a reason that they had home field advantage, it wasn't because they, were an average team. We have by far exceeded anyone of the so called experts expectations of our accomplishments this year  in the media. We should be proud of what we have done this year.  That being said, to get to that level, we still need some more skilled players, to get into the mix with the elite teams out there. 

11 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

We as fans got this false since, that what we did in the last two division games against our AFC south teams , would carry over to the elite teams in the AFC.  There is a reason that they had home field advantage, it wasn't because they, were an average team. We have by far exceeded anyone of the so called experts expectations of our accomplishments this year  in the media. We should be proud of what we have done this year.  That being said, to get to that level, we still need some more skilled players, to get into the mix with the elite teams out there. 

I think it’s more we got a false since from what the Colts did after starting 1-5.  They played bad teams except for the Texans and Cowboys who are on their level but they beat.  They didn’t play any of the four “power house” teams during that span.  Until today they had only played one and frankly the New England game wasn’t as close as the score said.  

I agree they far surpassed what most people thought they would do this season, and in some cases made people’s pre-season predictions look stupid remember 2-14?  Fans should be proud of this team and this season.

Yeah today hurt and was ugly but most post-season loses are.  If they were pretty they would probably be wins.  

The future is bright but not guranted.  This team has holes to fill, another WR, a pass rusher, a linebacker who can cover tightnends, maybe a kicker and maybe a starting right guard on the line.  

I think Glow did a good job this season and far surpassed my expectations but hes the weak point on the line.  Teams started attacking him late in the season and we saw it again today.  One of the signs they are winning are The pentalies he draws because when a lineman gets beat they hold.  I am not saying he’s a bum and has to be upgraded but with him as a free agent it’s a position the Colts might go in a different direction on.  

• Like 1

Kudos to the Chiefs defensive staff for a great, aggressive game plan.
They scouted us spot on and used that extra week superbly.

Our o-line couldn't handle Houston and Ford's speed, and Jones looks like a great interior defender. Gotta build a roster to compete with this Team.

Mahomes = Ferrari       Andrew = Chevy Silverado 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1