Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice & Injury Updates 12/27

CamMo

3 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Orakpo is also practicing today for the Titans.

Is it weird to think that I would rather face Mariota instead of Gabber? Side note - looks like both sides are pushing through injuries for the grand finale. Should be some pad popping for sure. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Titans blitz schemes are pretty impressive I think it’d be huge to have Kelly back making adjustments with Andrew for protection.

Hell, Boehm was struggling with picking up stunts against the Giants. The Titans blitz schemes only add to the worry.... I guarantee the Titans seen that on film and will be doing it as well.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Hell, Boehm was struggling with picking up stunts against the Giants. The Titans blitz schemes only add to the worry.... I guarantee the Titans seen that on film and will be doing it as well.

i re watched the game on sunday i thought he played very well  in pass protection , he didnt give up a sack or  get bullied at all .   It was run blocking that wasn't great

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

kelly is great but he is injured so much in  his short career reminds me of jack mehort he was very good when healthy just couldnt stay healthy  .

Might have to go center in the first to get a decent back up or starter for when Kelly gets hurt again

18 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

kelly is great but he is injured so much in  his short career reminds me of jack mehort he was very good when healthy just couldnt stay healthy  .

I have thought the same thing. I honestly wonder if we should use one of the first 3 picks on a Center.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

Might have to go center in the first to get a decent back up or starter for when Kelly gets hurt again

2 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

I have thought the same thing. I honestly wonder if we should use one of the first 3 picks on a Center.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

3 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

While I agree with Kelly’s injuries, none so far have been a repeat of the same injury. 

Mewhort was the same iniury over and over. Plus he had degenerate knee diagnosis. That never heals

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i re watched the game on sunday i thought he played very well  in pass protection , he didnt give up a sack or  get bullied at all .   It was run blocking that wasn't great

Thought Boehm was horrible.

Would rather have started Haeg at center, and play Clark at RG.

8 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Thought Boehm was horrible.

Would rather have started Haeg at center, and play Clark at RG.

Boehm held up OK. wasn't great, wasn't bad. But better than in years past where Haeg has been the center. But hey, we don't know if Kelly will play or not.  They don't have to practice to play.  Its possible too that Kelly is active but doesn't start.  I could see them testing Boehm for a couple series with Casey being out and see how that goes.  If its poorly, they put Kelly in, if its managable, they leave Kelly resting for the playoffs. Assuming Kelly could go of course.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:26 PM, csmopar said:

While I agree with Kelly’s injuries, none so far have been a repeat of the same injury. 

Mewhort was the same iniury over and over. Plus he had degenerate knee diagnosis. That never heals

I know it hasn't been the same injury but it has the same effect. He's not on the field playing. Bob Sanders was one of the best Safeties when he was on the field but how often did his litany of injuries keep him off the field? 

I just don't want a discernible drop off between the starters & the backups. Whether that's thru the draft or FA doesn't matter to me. 

2 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

Good thing you're ManningGM because BallardGM understands that games are Won in the trenches!

We have more glaring holes on the defensive side that need to be prioritized and fixed. 

Taking another guard in the first round when we already have one of the best offensive lines in the league is something that I'm just not a fan of.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:56 AM, jimmy g said:

I can’t see anyone ‘resting’.  It’s win or go home, and Titans have only lost one home game.  Kelly plays- Colts Win; Kelly sits, I doubt Colts survive.  And I’ve been a Colts fan since the 1950s.

So you have been making bad predictions for 60 some years?

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Devildog said:

Would love to see Kelly play this Sunday but I don't think it's that crucial if he can't.  Would rather have him rest for the next round in case we advance.  Glad Walker is back because he was definitely missed last week. Hopefully Ebron is a go this Sunday.

Geathers didn't practice all week but like Hilton is questionable hopefully that means he will play.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:46 PM, GoColts00 said:

I know it hasn't been the same injury but it has the same effect. He's not on the field playing. Bob Sanders was one of the best Safeties when he was on the field but how often did his litany of injuries keep him off the field? 

I just don't want a discernible drop off between the starters & the backups. Whether that's thru the draft or FA doesn't matter to me. 

I’m not disagreeing. Just pointing out the differences is all. Completely agree we need another good C. Problem is, you can’t take a C high in the draft or pay $$$ money for one and then let them ride the bench. But yet you need a good backup plan for when Kelly is out. 

• Like 1