Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 most important current colts?

Trace Pyott

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

I'd have Kelly for AC...

As good as Kelly is playing, I trust Evan Boehm to fill in for him at C way more than anyone to fill in at LT for Castonzo. AC back in the lineup at LT is the main reason for this team's vast improvement on offense IMO. Not saying he's better than Kelly. But he's much more valuable (important) in the fact that we can replace the center position more so than LT. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Who would you guys say are our top 5 in order most important and best players? 

mine would be,

1 luck

2. Hilton 

3.leonard 

4.big q. 

5. Anthony C.  

With honorable mention of Ebron And Doyle.  

Btw two and three were hard choices to decide the order. 

Frank Reich- Look what an inspired team looks like...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

As good as Kelly is playing, I trust Evan Boehm to fill in for him at C way more than anyone to fill in at LT for Castonzo. AC back in the lineup at LT is the main reason for this team's vast improvement on offense IMO. Not saying he's better than Kelly. But he's much more valuable (important) in the fact that we can replace the center position more so than LT. 

Fair point, although until Kelly came along, I watched a lot of below average centre play.......and if Boehm turns out to be good or better, then I would revert to AC. 

42 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Luck

AC

Big Q

Nelson

Smith

This team is carried by Luck and the O-line. They set the tone and make life easier for everyone(except the opposing team)-. Andrew Luck with protection is a cheat code.

Lol I like what you said about the cheat code. It’s so crazy how hurried he’s been in his career. It may have actually been a blessing because he’s so  used to getting rushed and having to make decisions in 1.5seconds after the ball is snapped, that now the 3 seconds he gets must feel like an eternity.   

Also, if you take out the order it seems almost everyone is in agreement on who our big building blocks are for this team. 

22 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Luck

AC

Big Q

Nelson

Smith

This team is carried by Luck and the O-line. They set the tone and make life easier for everyone(except the opposing team)-. Andrew Luck with protection is a cheat code.

Only four guys in your top five?

1. Luck, this should be the obvious choice.  Having a career season.  The leader of this team.  Without him we'd probably go 1-15.

2. Leonard, he is leading the league in tackles as a rookie, and it's not even close.  He's masking a lot of deficiencies in our defense.  We give up a lot of yards and could give up a lot more if it wasn't for his solid tackles.  Leader of the defense easy.

3. AC, I wanted to give this spot to Nelson but the impact that AC has had on this line and the improvement of Nelson are synonymous with his return.  

4. Hilton, his numbers will not show this, but he's commanding attention and allowing our TE's to produce.  He gets shadowed every play.  The Titan game is an example of what happens when defenses decide to not shadow him.  He has no help from his other WR's.

5. Nelson, he has come in as a rookie and changed the attitude of this OL from being pushovers to being considered bullys.  There's really nothing to say about him that hasn't been said.  Top 5 OG in the league AS A ROOKIE, loved by his teammates, supports his teammates, loved by his coaches, etc.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 4:10 AM, braveheartcolt said:

I'd have Kelly for AC...

Not having Kelly for this week and maybe a few more after that, it’s certainly going to test this theory. One thing we can all agree on, Luck is definitely #1 top Colt and it could be argued that 4 others on this oline are now considered 2-5. It’s nice to actually have a tough time deciding the top 5 guys on the team because it hasn’t been that way in many years. Can’t wait until we start arguing who is more important on this team, top 5 defensive guys or the top 5 offensive guys. 

On 11/21/2018 at 5:42 AM, Hoosiernsavga said:

We can’t say that with certainty yet as we haven’t really seen one game without Kelly yet so we don’t know how replaceable he truly is. Line calls and everything is included in the job of the center as well as that rush up the middle. It’s an important job and I’m not taking what Kelly has sone to date that lightly in saying he is easily replaced. 

It is though, a very valid point in having AC back on the left side and the vast noticeable improvement that this team seeen with his return. Although we could have an upgrade there in a couple years, he has done a fantastic job and was definitely missed while away. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

1.  Luck

2.  Leonard

3.  Hilton

4.  Kelly

5.  Nelson

6.  Costanzo

7.  Ebron

8.  Doyle

9.  Sheard

10.  Mack

11.  Glowinski 

12.  Walker

13.  Hooker

14.  Moore

15.  Hines

16.  Smith

17.  Hunt

18.  Desir

19.  Geathers

20.  Turay

Switch 6 and 4 and I'm in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

1.  Luck

2.  Leonard

3.  Hilton

4.  Kelly

5.  Nelson

6.  Costanzo

7.  Ebron

8.  Doyle

9.  Sheard

10.  Mack

11.  Glowinski 

12.  Walker

13.  Hooker

14.  Moore

15.  Hines

16.  Smith

17.  Hunt

18.  Desir

19.  Geathers

20.  Turay

One minor adjustment I’d make to your list would be to have Smith up higher in that list. I’m no longer in belief that Doyle is as vital of a cog as he once was before Ebron arrived with a fury. Pretty solid list though. Thanks 

• Like 1

1. Luck

2. Castonzo (notice how everything came together after his return?)

3. Nelson ( Interior is incredible and keeping Luck upright with a nice pocket )

4. TY- opens the field up so much. Big play after big play when left one on one. 

5. Leonard- for obvious reasons. 

Doyle is a close 6th as he makes a huge difference in the run game with his blocking ability. Kelly right there as well (might crack the top 5 if this o-line regresses without him in the lineup). 

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Normally I’m with you in that.   I only have it this way because AC missed half the season and RK is playing at his highest level ever. 

True, keep in mind everything turned when AC returned.  Remember when people wanted to get rid of him....where are they now?

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 11:59 AM, NewColtsFan said:

1.  Luck

2.  Leonard

3.  Hilton

4.  Kelly

5.  Nelson

6.  Costanzo

7.  Ebron

8.  Doyle

9.  Sheard

10.  Mack