Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Just now, Cynjin said:

If that is a hold, and I agree that it could be interpreted that way, then Olinemen hold on every single play.  So if they are going to call that, then they need to throw a flag on every play from scrimmage.  What I am advocating for in consistency, if that is a hold then so are the holds on the Oline, because you are taught to grab the inside of the shoulder pads when blocking.

You and I both know they pick and choose when to call a hold, zero consistency. I’m more troubled with how many times our players do things like this when they are out of the play. 

Just now, Cynjin said:

If that is a hold, and I agree that it could be interpreted that way, then Olinemen hold on every single play.  So if they are going to call that, then they need to throw a flag on every play from scrimmage.  What I am advocating for in consistency, if that is a hold then so are the holds on the Oline, because you are taught to grab the inside of the shoulder pads when blocking.

They won't call it in the trenches as, I agree with what you said, it happens all of the time.

In the open field like that they'll throw the laundry if the locked up guy is peddling backwards and the blocker doesn't release.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cynjin said:

If I'm thinking right it might be ok at the line but down field you will get a flag for it . Could be wrong though.

• Like 1

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Okay, no facemask, but isn't that a hit to the head?  Or is that only on QB's??

I only think they call it if it’s a defenseless receiver, or targeting. Only QBs get called when you hit the helmet like that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, strt182 said:

If I'm thinking right it might be ok at the line but down field you will get a flag for it . Could be wrong though.

That's the way it is being called.  However, that is not how it is written in the rule book.  My point is if they are going to call that, fine but then be prepared to call the holds that occur on every play on the line.