Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Interestingly listening to Barnwell talk about the Eagles and how much they miss Reich. Sounds like word on the street is that even though he wasn't calling plays he did a mega job game planning for Foles. I think we're seeing that in action this season.

Makes the Begnals/Eagles/Texans games all that more annoying. The D is still hit and miss, but this O is for real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yeah, they are.  This is amazing.

Between last week and this we have 50+ points in the 1st half.

I love how we are forcing our will on them. Pounding it right in there face! Now this is the colts football I've wanted for years!

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Interestingly listening to Barnwell talk about the Eagles and how much they miss Reich. Sounds like word on the street is that even though he wasn't calling plays he did a mega job game planning for Foles. I think we're seeing that in action this season.

Makes the Begnals/Eagles/Texans games all that more annoying. The D is still hit and miss, but this O is for real.

Scummy Josh McDaniels shafted the Eagles - not the Colts.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I love how we are forcing our will on them. Pounding it right in there face! Now this is the colts football I've wanted for years!

Agree.  Aside from the drops whatever they dial up works.  D is looking stout.  Glad the fans are finally able to enjoy it at the stadium.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  Aside from the drops whatever they dial up works.  D is looking stout.  Glad the fans are finally able to enjoy it at the stadium.

The D has looked really good this game. Looks like we've been playing some man, which is when Wilson got that IT. Or at least looked like it to me. Screw the zone

2 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

They didn't say but I'm assuming it was during the game.

Yeah, that is what everything that has been posted since sounds like.  Personal concerns for him aside, it is tough on a team to have something like that happen right in the middle of a game and then have to go on.

1 minute ago, JCPatriot said:

Yeah, that is what everything that has been posted since sounds like.  Personal concerns for him aside, it is tough on a team to have something like that happen right in the middle of a game and then have to go on.

I agree. As much as I'd like the Colts to win big, I do hope this man is ok.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• If the Bills and Chefs (ha) meet in the championship game again, they should just let them play another game and whoever wins, just give them the SB trophy. 
    • I get that. I am sure they do have faith in their group of pass catchers. But they also had faith in the the 2020 and 2021. And in both of those seasons, the lack of pass catchers became an issue (at least to many in the the local media and much of the fanbase).   They also still had Hilton, Pascal and Doyle, all proven pass catchers that provided production.   Now, those 3 players are gone...and all they have added is a rookie WR and a couple of rookie TEs.   In 2-3 years, guys like Pierce and Woods might be better/more productive than those guys were. But for now, they are both raw players, who are somewhat of an unknown.   And who knows if Ryan will still be here in 2-3 years to take advantage of their development.   They have clearly made other win-now moves across the roster...trading for a proven ER, signing a proven 32 year-old PB CB and a 32 year-old S.   So if they are definitely looking to compete with Ryan at QB, why not give him a proven weapon or two on offense?   As of right now, the pass catching group (WRs and TEs) accounted for 1,886 receiving yards in the NFL last year.    Ballard likes to say people are afraid of the unknown. Well, he's damn right I am. And I am not afraid to admit it either. But they also redshirted many of these guys for a reason.   Mostly, I want Ryan to have somebody beyond Pitt that he can rely on early and often. If Pitt goes down, it could get ugly.     It just makes a lot of sense to add one, which is why I won't be surprised if they do sign somebody before TC.       
    • I think we've gotten ourselves diverted over to the old, long-argued discussion of whether or not Luck was a jerk for "quitting".  And perhaps forgotten the OP question of why does that whole situation still affect us three years later.   It affects us still today because it was an event that had lasting repercussions. When you suck, and you don't have a quarterback, you have an opportunity to take a (hopefully) franchise QB with a top 5 pick.  If you already have a QB, you take something else.  In our case, a transformational guard.  We were expecting an arc of success from that point, reaching through today, where we're in the playoffs every year, and competing for superbowls. And then our franchise QB retired mere days before the 2019 season.  And that event blew that expected arc of success to smithereens.  Instead, we're on our 4th quarterback in 4 years, desperately trying to find someone who can resurrect that expectation, without success. If we wanted a true franchise QB of the future, we would have had to suck.  And suck badly.  In order to get the required top 5 pick.  And we were unwilling to do that.  So, while we're floundering in mediocrity trying to even get into the playoffs, we're watching other teams that did suck take QB after QB (Kyler Murray, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones).  And with every QB choice, we growl and fuss.  Because had we known that we would have lost Luck, we would have taken a franchise QB when we had the chance. It sucks.  And it continues to suck.  Three years later.  I expect it will continue to affect us through the 2026 season (where I have predicted the Ballard era will end, after the bulk of his players come to the end of their functional playing days). It's a cloud that's gonna follow us.  And keep following us.  And keep following us.  And keep....
    • You might want to give streaming a try. If you have internet there are ways to stream for very cheap.     I have a small antenna since I have good LOS to the local TV antennas - on a hill about 5 miles away.  I do have Amazon Prime for the $130 a year.  No cable or satellite.     Anyway - I can then add monthly subscriptions to just about anything if I want or as right now I have no additional subscriptions so TV is cheap.   Many options other than Amazon too.  If Apple TV takes over the NFL package I might check it out.
    • Sigh, I miss when TV show delivery was simply smarter than it is now.  1990s analog cable.
  • Members

• lollygagger8

lollygagger8 4,114

• JediXMan

JediXMan 2,864

• stitches

stitches 11,666

• Jackie Daytona

Jackie Daytona 2,519

• CR91

CR91 9,524

• Miles