Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Just now, Jdubu said:

He did have his hands inside his pads so it really was a hold.  32 should have let him go right away. Bad player makes bad play. Hmmm 

If that is a hold, and I agree that it could be interpreted that way, then Olinemen hold on every single play.  So if they are going to call that, then they need to throw a flag on every play from scrimmage.  What I am advocating for in consistency, if that is a hold then so are the holds on the Oline, because you are taught to grab the inside of the shoulder pads when blocking.

OPI? The rare call. 

MM looks rattled here, I'm liking the play calling on D so far. 

Just now, Cynjin said:

If that is a hold, and I agree that it could be interpreted that way, then Olinemen hold on every single play.  So if they are going to call that, then they need to throw a flag on every play from scrimmage.  What I am advocating for in consistency, if that is a hold then so are the holds on the Oline, because you are taught to grab the inside of the shoulder pads when blocking.

Bingo.

Why I hate holding flags... it's like refs just have an RNG running for whether to call holding or not. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It is not a great QB class, I feel they will go all in for DeShaun Watson with clauses in there for his legal issue repercussions. It will make them a division contender instantly.
    • Peyton, during the Marcus Pollard / Trent Dilger days, used a lot of 2 TE formations (ACE) because the OL movement started off the same way and it gave them an advantage, whether it was a run or pass play. I am all for 2 TE formations since you can also go max. protect with it if you need or based on defensive alignment, split out the TE as a flanker. The only time we would not do it is for 3 WR formations (POSSE) which includes or excludes Hines, who should be used like a slot wideout, IMO.   Typically, if teams are against the clock, they go POSSE but if they have the luxury of time or are going against a stout D-line or need extra chipping from TEs, they go ACE. I would like the Colts to go more ACE, given their strength running the ball and given that our WRs, beyond MPJ and TY aren't that capable consistently. 
    • Campbell is a weird one. I'd keep him for next year just to see if breaks out or is at least a decent WR in the final year of his contract. Cap will be tight, and he is cheap. In the limited time he's played, he has shown promise. It's literally the injuries that have destroyed his career so far.
    • but again...IN A LOSING EFFORT!       based on a quick look at the numbers, they appear to be about even
    • Also Parris Campbell when he comes back:     
  • Members

• Nate!

Nate! 268

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 4,406

• Hoose

Hoose 1,439

• holeymoley99

holeymoley99 1,034

• WentzinRome

WentzinRome 365