Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any doubt that Andrew Luck is elite now?

RockThatBlue

I've been saying for a while that IMO Luck was borderline elite but was maybe a notch below. But this year I think he is now elite. He has been on fire all year. I believe hes on pace for more than 40 touchdowns and the best QBR of his career.

He'd probably be in the MVP talk if the Colts had a winning record, IMO.

• Like 8

Luck is back to elite form 100%. He would be even better if he wasn't recovering from his injury and shaking off the rust for the first few games. Luck could get 45-50 tds with the schedule remaining if we continue to play like we have the last two weeks. Amazing what a great coach and team can do for Luck.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck is back to elite form 100%. He would be even better if he wasn't recovering from his injury and shaking off the rust for the first few games. Luck could get 45-50 tds with the schedule remaining if we continue to play like we have the last two weeks. Amazing what a great coach and team can do for Luck.

Yes, coaching has dramatically improved but it doesn't take much with as bad as Pagano was he was downright awful as a coach. I just wish we had this regime starting about 7 yrs ago. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yah he’s def elite. There is just something about his style that is deceptive that I cannot put my finger on. I remember when he was drafted someone said that and I didn’t understand what they meant. It’s like he doesn’t do anything that wows you but it seems each game he ends up with 3 td. I guess maybe I’m trying to say he’s not super flashy but at the end of the season he puts up flashy numbers. 

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I've been saying for a while that IMO Luck was borderline elite but was maybe a notch below. But this year I think he is now elite. He has been on fire all year. I believe hes on pace for more than 40 touchdowns and the best QBR of his career.

He'd probably be in the MVP talk if the Colts had a winning record, IMO.

If he had a two good wideouts, I think he'd be more of an MVP this year. I think we'd have more wins and a better chance. 

• Like 2

First time in Lucks career with a good oline, running game and coaching staff. If the play of the oline and run game continues, he will be in the talk for MVP next season along with a deep playoff run. 

Assuming we have  another good draft and we get some key pieces in free agency. 

I trust him more than ever. 

9 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't know what defines elite in the NFL, I suppose it depends on your criteria and that is up to the individual.  But I'd say he's purty good, and will only get better with time.

This, agreed. He's not top 3, not sure if he's in top 5 either but certainly not far off or outside top 10. 

• Like 1

Rogers, Brady, Brees, Wilson are our completely exceptional QB's.
  Andrew is using his new throwing motion very well. I see better touch and height on his downfield passes. Elite level at that? Let me see more of a sample, but yes.
 And he has a few things to improve upon to get him to my Elite. I feel good that this staff will get him better in time. Practice Practice Practice

I've never doubted him he is a special talent the people I see and hear bash him are just plain dumb. I hear it all the time when I hear people around where I live talk about the colts.  I had some dumb browns fan say we should trade him like he has any room to talk about any team LMAO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I've never doubted him he is a special talent the people I see and hear bash him are just plain dumb. I hear it all the time when I hear people around where I live talk about the colts.  I had some dumb browns fan say we should trade him like he has any room to talk about any team LMAO

I know. I hear people all the time around here in the Indy area too saying trade him for a bunch of a picks that he will never be Peyton, blah blah blah. I can buy he will never be Peyton but Luck is an incredible QB, some people in Indy take him for granted and just think we can get another Luck in any Draft. No, it doesn't work like that. Luck will win a SB within the next 3 or 4 years here, book it.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Aaron86 said:

Give me nine other QBs playing better then him now. What does this guy have to do to prove he is elite.:facepalm:

What? I said he's in my top 10, top 5 is what I'm unsure about. Top 10 doesn't mean I've ranked him 10th either. I think he's in the 5-8 range.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finball said:

What? I said he's in my top 10, top 5 is what I'm unsure about. Top 10 doesn't mean I've ranked him 10th either. I think he's in the 5-8 range.

Yeah because of the way Mahomes and Goff are playing, he may be 6th right now. My obvious Top 3 are Brady, Rodgers, and Brees then you have Mahomes, Goff, and Luck. I think Luck should be at 4 only because he is more proven but the other 2 kids are playing Great and have the 2 best teams in the NFL.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see this being a rivalry between us and them in the future. Mahomes is the real deal.

If everything is cyclical, then the Colts are going to win a shootout in KC in the playoffs in the near future, like Peyton did in 2003.  :thmup: 

('course we went on to make our playoff-exit in NE after that... :flaming:)

Man, KC must really hate playing the Colts in the playoffs, now that I think about it... 2003, 2006, 2013... If we sneak into the playoffs this year, the Chiefs are gonna be nervous!  haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah because of the way Mahomes and Goff are playing, he may be 6th right now. My obvious Top 3 are Brady, Rodgers, and Brees then you have Mahomes, Goff, and Luck. I think Luck should be at 4 only because he is more proven but the other 2 kids are playing Great and have the 2 best teams in the NFL.

Yeah I have Brady, Rodgers and Brees as the clear top 3. Then Mahomes. Usually I don't put rookies this high but he's the MVP this year, imo. Then a group of 4-5 guys in Goff, Luck, Ryan, Rivers and Wilson. So I guess he's in the 5-9 range and I could be convinced on pretty much any order for those guys. Ryan has great weapons but so-so oline. Same with Rivers. Goff has great everything, including the HC. Luck has the 2nd best OL of those guys but due to injuries, the worst pass catcher group. Wilson has decent to solid receivers and oline. Luck has thrown most TDs, Ryan has great Yds/G, TD/INT ratio and YPA. Wilson has been efficient but has by far the least pass attempts. Rivers has been even more efficient on bit more passes. Goff is great on pretty much every stat. I think the stats highlight more how much help they get from their weapons/OL than their abilities as QBs this season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

If everything is cyclical, then the Colts are going to win a shootout in KC in the playoffs in the near future, like Peyton did in 2003.  :thmup: 

('course we went on to make our playoff-exit in NE after that... :flaming:)

Man, KC must really hate playing the Colts in the playoffs, now that I think about it... 2003, 2006, 2013... If we sneak into the playoffs this year, the Chiefs are gonna be nervous!  haha

Yeah we have always own them. Harbaugh in the 95 Divisional Round at KC, Peyton in the Divisional Round in 2003 at KC, and then Luck is down 38-10 and we beat them in the Playoffs in 2013. Mahomes is a scary great player so far though. I think Luck can take him out once we get a better Defense in a year or 2 to help him but right now KC is damn good.

-I don't even count 2006, that was a mercy killing with Bob back. Nobody was beating us that season. We were 10-0 at home.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Finball said:

Yeah I have Brady, Rodgers and Brees as the clear top 3. Then Mahomes. Usually I don't put rookies this high but he's the MVP this year, imo. Then a group of 4-5 guys in Goff, Luck, Ryan, Rivers and Wilson. So I guess he's in the 5-9 range and I could be convinced on pretty much any order for those guys. Ryan has great weapons but so-so oline. Same with Rivers. Goff has great everything, including the HC. Luck has the 2nd best OL of those guys but due to injuries, the worst pass catcher group. Wilson has decent to solid receivers and oline. Luck has thrown most TDs, Ryan has great Yds/G, TD/INT ratio and YPA. Wilson has been efficient but has by far the least pass attempts. Rivers has been even more efficient on bit more passes. Goff is great on pretty much every stat. I think the stats highlight more how much help they get from their weapons/OL than their abilities as QBs this season.

Based on play this season it is mahomes then luck. 

• Like 1