Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are we seeing the end of Vinatieri?

dgambill

3 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

You could see him discussing a muscle pull on the sidelines and the announcers were too dull to pick up on it.

If that is the case, why are we still having him attempt PATs when we're up 37-5 in the 4th quarter?  Seems like if he is openly discussing a muscle pull with the training staff, then it would be more prudent to either have somebody else kick the PAT or just go for 2.  Seems like a questionable coaching decision.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Correct. His groin injury has returned.

Nevertheless it may end his carreer...unfortunately.

Unless he has surgery, i don't think that will happen. it usually takes a couple-4 weeks to fully recover from a groin injury, that's just assuming it's a lesser one. And I can attest (no pun intended) that they are quite painful.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

He wasn’t close on any of his kicks today and he looked very old and stiff. Did Father Time just catch up with him?

Not sure. As mentioned, he has a groin injury going into the game. That said, I do think this is his final year. After this season, he will hold ALL records he possibly can as a kicker. I can see him retiring easily, and hopefully healthy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not sure. As mentioned, he has a groin injury going into the game. That said, I do think this is his final year. After this season, he will hold ALL records he possibly can as a kicker. I can see him retiring easily, and hopefully healthy. 

Remember the Peyton game where he set the record against KC then everything just fell apart and he looked super old and hurt. I had that image of Adam today. I hope he gets healthy and finishes the year strong but dang it was not pretty to watch. We may have to bring in a kicker this week.

He was pretty clearly injured, and you could see him on the bench, apparently discussing it with a player sitting next to him.  i suspect that he may have been trying to hang in there this week, just trying to break the scoring record in front of the home fans. If he can sit out the Oakland game he could have three weeks to heal up before the next home game against J-ville. Has Sanchez ever kicked PATs or FGs? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

It wasn’t an issue today but I don’t want to lose a game next week because of a gimpy kicker.

Yeah he looks like his nuts are bothering him. He was grabbing that region alot. I liked the other Kicker we had in pre-season, is he still available? I think we will take care of the Raiders too but moving forward if Vinny can't kick, this is a concern.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he looks like his nuts are bothering him. He was grabbing that region alot. I liked the other Kicker we had in pre-season, is he still available? I think we will take care of the Raiders too but moving forward if Vinny can't kick, this is a concern.

That was Michael Badgley, now with the Chargers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

He was pretty clearly injured, and you could see him on the bench, apparently discussing it with a player sitting next to him.  i suspect that he may have been trying to hang in there this week, just trying to break the scoring record in front of the home fans. If he can sit out the Oakland game he could have three weeks to heal up before the next home game against J-ville. Has Sanchez ever kicked PATs or FGs? 

Didnt we have a young kicker on the practice squad that was solid?

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I couldn't think of his name. Damn, I liked him.

I was hoping that Badgley wouldn't get picked up, just in case of something like this. It's probably not a good strategy to keep a kicker on your practice squad, but in hindsight, it might have been a good idea after all.

• Like 1

He is like 4-5 points away of breaking the all time records. Honestly, he's done so much for the Colts, that I wouldn't mind if he misses a few kicks the next week or the one after. I'd even take a loss just to see him break the record. He does deserve it.

Then, once he breaks the record, the Colts can look around and get a kicker to go with for the rest of the season... if Vina's groin doesn't heal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

He is like 4-5 points away of breaking the all time records. Honestly, he's done so much for the Colts, that I wouldn't mind if he misses a few kicks the next week or the one after. I'd even take a loss just to see him break the record. He does deserve it.

Then, once he breaks the record, the Colts can look around and get a kicker to go with for the rest of the season... if Vina's groin doesn't heal.

After the Raiders game, the Colts get a bye. Hopefully, Vinny will be able to heal up and kick his way to a record at home against Jacksonville. If he does come back healthy, I don't think there is another kicker floating around out there who would be any better. 

So Frank Reich is not aware of any injury to Adam Vinatieri, but he was cleary injured and had problems with his groin.

I think he´s hiding something from the coaching staff, as hes so close to Morten Andersens record. I could also just be nerves hes showing, as hes 4 points away from the all time scoring record.

But this WILL be his last season, and hes hanging up his shoes after this season. 

When he´s got the record as the all time scoring leader, I believe he will tell people and the Colts that this will be his last season.

4 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

So Frank Reich is not aware of any injury to Adam Vinatieri, but he was cleary injured and had problems with his groin.

I think he´s hiding something from the coaching staff, as hes so close to Morten Andersens record. I could also just be nerves hes showing, as hes 4 points away from the all time scoring record.

But this WILL be his last season, and hes hanging up his shoes after this season. 

When he´s got the record as the all time scoring leader, I believe he will tell people and the Colts that this will be his last season.

That or his wife will want his nuts to stay healthy and force him to retire...