Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills QB Josh Allen Ruled OUT/Bills are starting Derek Anderson (merge)

RollerColt

Best news for the Colts!!!

19 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

I read that Jets receivers had 5 or more yards of separation on 12/30 passes on Sunday. Peterman could still do quite well if something isn’t fixed. 

They will cut it down to 4 yards the next game. :) 

5 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Nathan peterman is the worst starting QB I have ever seen. That being said, he’s probably going to have a career day against us 

Haha..

Plus we're sure to do something totally stupid that ends up on the NOT TOP 10 list..

19 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

That would be a wise move for the Bills to be honest. I did see they're a little worried on if he is fully up to the playbook yet, but even a 50% Anderson has to be better than a 100% Peterman. 

Bills at home with a backup QB who just joined the team and doesn't know the playbook. . . Or Nate Peterman.  

Guys if we can't get a win this Sunday then we might as well pack it in and wait on a good draft pick and hope Ballard opens the wallet a bit more in FA.  

• Like 2

Looks like the Bills will keep the decision close to the vest until probably Sunday morning, that way we are forced to game plan for both Anderson and Peterman. 

If I'm the Colts, I better be planning to put some press coverage in place. The Bills also seem to have an issue with allowing sacks this year, so we should be figuring out unique ways to get either QB rattled. I say blitz the heck out of them. 

I honestly don't remember much of Anderson from his Brown's days but I'm sure he's a better bet than Peterman. 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I think Anderson starting hurts our chances, honestly. The only preparation we’ll have for him is this week. 

Which is nothibg becsuse there is no kind of scoutinf report on him with the Bills of any kind. 

History shows these situstjons favor the QBs. 

Does the colts defensive scheme(soft cover 2 zone) actually game plan differently for opposing QB's/offenses?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Peterman made the start last year and the colts let him score a td even in a blizzard.  Dude will prolly pull of a perfect passer rating against the colts in better weather. :)

He's gonna get us back for concussing him in that game..haha.

I feel like we knocked one of their QB's out of that game??

Bills average 12.6 points per game. 

Colts average 25.3 points per game. 

I know luck is good for a pick six or a couple INTs... And I know his rbs and wds are good for some drops and turnovers.... 

But I still don't think the bills have enough firepower to put up more points than luck. 

3 hours ago, IinD said:

Who's the Anderson people are talking about? Is that the Browns QB from 20 years ago?? He's still around??

Yep. That’s the one. 35 year old veteran Derek Anderson who’s been with 5 teams, and basically has been a continuous 3rd stringer since the very beginning. I don’t think he even played a down for the Ravens who drafted him in ‘05...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Does the colts defensive scheme(soft cover 2 zone) actually game plan differently for opposing QB's/offenses?

Its not exactly that, they don’t have a complete breakdown of his tendencies within the offense. Not only will they struggle to stop it, they’ll have no real idea what’s coming when they try. 

Defensive gameplans are made in the spring. They break down QBs very scientifically, dissecting every part of their game. That’s why when guys who aren’t supposed to be out there get thrown out there (and aren’t just pure junk like Peterman) they usually get away with a lot more than they normally would. 

Anderson’s own time with the Browns is a great example. 

Yes, Dak Prescott. We are you, too. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. That’s the one. 35 year old veteran Derek Anderson who’s been with 5 teams, and basically has been a continuous 3rd stringer since the very beginning. I don’t think he even played a down for the Ravens who drafted him in ‘05...

Hey! That’s ‘went 10-6 with the browns one time’ Derek Anderson! Put some respek in his name!!!

Nah but seriously if we lose this game, imma be pretty upset haha 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Hey! That’s ‘went 10-6 with the browns one time’ Derek Anderson! Put some respek in his name!!!

Nah but seriously if we lose this game, imma be pretty upset haha 

I only “respek da wamen!”

Yeah the Browns fans seriously have had bad luck when all they have to look back on with positive memories is Anderson...

• Like 1