Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts place Matt Slauson on IR

TKnight24

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

After Norwell not coming here and questions with Mewhort he knew he had to draft at least one OG outside of the 1st Round 

So maybe not Smith but a young guard in need of mentoring that Slausson provide

Right but it had more to do with Norwell not coming here then it did with filling in for Smith...unless your assuming he draft based on need and not BPA. Ballard said he thought Smith was the last starting caliber guard in the draft. I see no reason why he wouldn’t of started Smith from day 1 if he had earned it.

And if Slausen would have played at an All Pro level all season there is no reason to think Ballard wouldn’t of tried to sign him again this upcoming off season. 

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

Right but it had more to do with Norwell not coming here then it did with filling in for Smith...unless your assuming he draft based on need and not BPA. Ballard said he thought Smith was the last starting caliber guard in the draft. I see no reason why he wouldn’t of started Smith from day 1 if he had earned it.

And if Slausen would have played at an All Pro level all season there is no reason to think Ballard wouldn’t of tried to sign him again this upcoming off season. 

My use of “seat filler” did not mean just one year but until the young guy was ready

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

The most intriguing thing to me about Boehm is he was also a wrestling champ which means he has the skills to work in the trenches and perhaps this staff can bring out in him what they've brought out in Clark and Haeg this year?!!?

Injuries or holding penalties?? Not sure which direction your heading with this? :Dj/k

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wait, never meantiones am injury and straight to ir? That's a brutal loss

I'm listening to NFL radio on Sirius Xm, they're saying that per Colts sources, he's on IR for a non-football related illness/disease. 

Unconfirmed report. I want to be clear, it's just what the announcer dude said he'd heard from his sources.  He then speculated as to what types that could be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My use of “seat filler” did not mean just one year but until the young guy was ready

The only reason I commented on your post is because it came across as you saying, oh well guys, he was only supposed to be a fill in stop gap player anyway. 

Im saying, regardless of why he was brought in, he was our starting right guard. It’s irrelevant if we have other players because at this point time, I’m going to assume he was the best option at right guard. Hence the reason he has been starting there since day 1. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I'm listening to NFL radio on Sirius Xm, they're saying that per Colts sources, he's on IR for a non-football related illness/disease. 

Unconfirmed report. I want to be clear, it's just what the announcer dude said he'd heard from his sources.  He then speculated as to what types that could be. 

That's crazy! I've never heard of anything like that. What's the speculation?

I’m not worried. Unlike at other positions, there is a more than capable backup. Smith was drafted to be the RG of the future. Apparently the battle between him and Slauson in camp for the starting job was close. 

Plus since Good only missed the last game because of the passing of his brother, it’s not like we don’t have an option at RT.

What bothers me about the Colts injuries is two fold they always have random injuries like this that pop up with no warning and turn into season ending Injuries and they never a guy out like just a week or two it’s always a long stretch of time.  I don’t know what to say other than it’s bad luck but it sure is frustrating.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Wow if that’s true I hope whatever it is isn’t too serious.

• Like 1

Ballard taking 2 guards in the first 2 rounds is looking like a masterstroke. Tbf to Ballard, he did say, he didn't ever want to reach a situation where he was picking guys up off the streets to play oline. We are grateful we have a talent like Smith to step in.

Big opportunity for Smith now. I think he will take it.

11 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

But even if the Colts win the division, doubt they get past KC, NE or Pit so just go get the high draft pick 

Thats the question

If we got in, what would we do anyway........ IMHO, this team isnt ready for primetime

I bet we see Good back at RT and Smith kick inside

9 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

It's injured reserve.   Sounds injury related to me

And when exactly did he get injured? They had the weekend off, and there was no indication he was injured before yesterday. If he was injured over the weekend it would be a different designation. 

And according to the reports csmopar referenced, its.......

not an injury. 

This is tough, to this point in the season, I thought, Slausen was the Colts best olineman.  He was tough as a run blocker and excellent in pass protection.

That being said, I do remember three centers from the 2016 draft that I thought would be good picks for the Colts and Boehm was one of them.  My first choice was Glasgow from Michigan Boehm was my third best center behind Kelly.

According to this piece, Cardinals and former coach Bruce Arians liked Boehm...but as a center... not as a guard:

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/07/evan-boehm-still-liked-by-coaches-but-might-not-get-shot-until-2019/

and then Boehm was back at multiple positions under coach Wilks:

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/14/az-arizona-cardinals-preseason-backup-center-evan-boehm/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Thats the question

If we got in, what would we do anyway........ IMHO, this team isnt ready for primetime

I bet we see Good back at RT and Smith kick inside

Yeah we probably wouldn't win a playoff game but at least then Ballard would be more inclined to spend his 120 mil IMO.

16 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I’m already in tank mode mindset 

And it’s sad cause the AFC South is open really 

But even if the Colts win the division, doubt they get past KC, NE or Pit so just go get the high draft pick 

We’re currently sitting on the #2 overall pick. Just some food for thought

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

That's crazy! I've never heard of anything like that. What's the speculation?

They said that designation could be a number of various illnesses, usually its reserved for long term illnesses.  They listed a TON of them, some from minor all the way up to terminal.  Whatever it is, I hope he can get healthy and live a long life ahead of him. 

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Wow if that’s true I hope whatever it is isn’t too serious.

• Like 1