Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts place Matt Slauson on IR

TKnight24

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They said that designation could be a number of various illnesses, usually its reserved for long term illnesses.  They listed a TON of them, some from minor all the way up to terminal.  Whatever it is, I hope he can get healthy and live a long life ahead of him. 

Man, amen to that. Your health is more important than football. He's a good guy and wish him and his family the best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

...I bet we see Good back at RT and Smith kick inside

I think you are right and this is what we will see.

Good struggled at times against JJ Watt. But in fairness, sometimes he held his own against Watt.

And the Dallas Cowboys offensive tackles also had trouble blocking Watt Sunday night.

• Like 1

I like Good but it's hard to bank on him staying healthy throughout the season.

Boehm's a good pick up in regards to it being midseason though. He could be be serviceable and could even end up being decent depth long term. Especially since he can play multiple positions on the inside, or at least has.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I like Good but it's hard to bank on him staying healthy throughout the season.

Boehm's a good pick up in regards to it being midseason though. He could be be serviceable and could even end up being decent depth long term. Especially since he can play multiple positions on the inside, or at least has.

If we can have Good play for a few games at RT, then have Haeg replace him, when ((or if) Haeg is off IR (it supposedly isnt full season IR)

Of course we cant have a single additional injury on the OL........ no real reserves

18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The same thing is happening everywhere

Jax lost 2 this weekend

Philadelphia lost Jay Ajayi

KC lost Justin Houston for multiple weeks

Slausson is only the 4th player to be placed on the IR during the season

Was going to say the same thing, it’s all over the league. I will say over the past few seasons, the injuries league wide are just increasing it seems. Has to be too much strength training added on top of the weak points they attach to. Hammies, ankles, ACL’s etc... just rarely see broken tib/fib or femur type injuries. Not sure what the answer is but football is becoming less fun to watch because of the injuries and how nobody is allowed to touch another player without fear of a flag and nothing is consistent with those. 

4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Was going to say the same thing, it’s all over the league. I will say over the past few seasons, the injuries league wide are just increasing it seems. Has to be too much strength training added on top of the weak points they attach to. Hammies, ankles, ACL’s etc... just rarely see broken tib/fib or femur type injuries. Not sure what the answer is but football is becoming less fun to watch because of the injuries and how nobody is allowed to touch another player without fear of a flag and nothing is consistent with those. 

I think it's the shorter off season and limited off season conditioning programs under the CBA last signed. I don't know if the data is publicly available but I'd like to see the 5-7 year injury numbers before the new limitations versus the last 5-7 afterwards. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

How the hell do you not know you broke your back? 

Either he was pain killed to the max, or this dude is hard as nails! 

Didn't have two broken vertebrae's but when the adrenaline is pumping you don't feel a whole lot. But once that where's off you feel like you get hit by a truck lol