Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Georgia OG Isaiah Wynn visiting Colts today

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Well, they were in the college championship game.

Grigson loved Alabama players, Ballard loves Bulldogs, I am OK with that as long as they produce after being drafted, and not be like Chapman and Trent Richardson.

Alabama is different when it comes to pro talent especially in terms of RB cause by the time they get to the NFL, their bodies are broken down from the physicality Nick Saban enforces at Alabama

Thus all the injuries and draft busts they produce despite how many draft picks they have each draft

Sony Michel

Isaiah Wynn

Nick Chubb 

Roquan Smith 

Those 4 should all be good-great players in the league barring injury or off-field issues like Ruben Foster or something

1 minute ago, TKnight24 said:

Alabama is different when it comes to pro talent especially in terms of RB cause by the time they get to the NFL, their bodies are broken down from the physicality Nick Saban enforces at Alabama

Thus all the injuries and draft busts they produce despite how many draft picks they have each draft

Sony Michel

Isaiah Wynn

Nick Chubb 

Roquan Smith 

Those 4 should all be good-great players in the league barring injury or off-field issues like Ruben Foster or something

Good observation.

Herschel Walker, Garrison Hearst, Terrell Davis, Knowshon Moreno etc. were all Georgia RBs, so is Todd Gurley. I have to say Georgia has a better history of NFL RBs than Alabama.

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Good observation.

Herschel Walker, Garrison Hearst, Terrell Davis, Knowshon Moreno etc. were all Georgia RBs, so is Todd Gurley. I have to say Georgia has a better history of NFL RBs than Alabama.

Yup. Gurley & Isaiah Crowell (even though he was dismissed from there) are the 2 current ones who come to mind off the top

If Wynn makes it to the 2nd, take him for sure. I wouldn't mind trading up 5-6 spots with a 4th rounder just to secure him if he falls to the end of the 1st. If we trade down a few spots and grab Roquan Smith, we basically have a free pick to trade back up and grab Wynn. A draft of Roquan Smith, Isaiah Wynn, a CB that Ballard likes, and someone like Sony Michel would be an insanely good first two rounds.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If Wynn makes it to the 2nd, take him for sure. I wouldn't mind trading up 5-6 spots with a 4th rounder just to secure him if he falls to the end of the 1st. If we trade down a few spots and grab Roquan Smith, we basically have a free pick to trade back up and grab Wynn. A draft of Roquan Smith, Isaiah Wynn, a CB that Ballard likes, and someone like Sony Michel would be an insanely good first two rounds.

We get those 3, might be time to become the Indianapolis Bulldogs 

24 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wouldn't mind trading up 5-6 spots with a 4th rounder just to secure him if he falls to the end of the 1st.

I was Just thinking the same thing. Sometimes instead of always trading back for good players, Sometimes you have to trade up and get your guy as well. There will always be a team eyeing the guy you like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Sony Michel

Isaiah Wynn

Nick Chubb 

Roquan Smith 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Good observation.

Saban may have changed his philosophy.   Last two season he has rotated backs pretty consistently. 

2 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Saban may have changed his philosophy.   Last two season he has rotated backs pretty consistently. 

Yeah now it’s more of a committee approach in Alabama lead by Damien Harris 

But there’s still the fact of how physical their practices are. I believe it was Joel Klatt who was saying how when Alabama practices, there’s no rotating out. Everyone is practicing at the same time. It’s physically & mentally tough out there. But I guess it pays off cause he’s been in the playoffs every year since they started that format

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Grigson loved Alabama players, Ballard loves Bulldogs, I am OK with that as long as they produce after being drafted, and not be like Chapman and Trent Richardson.

I don't know about that love.  There is only one Alabama player on our roster and zero Bulldogs. I think Ballard loves players and he doesn't care where they are from.  Maybe he gets a Bulldog this year.  I would love Michel, Wynn or Smith. 

• Like 1

The Colts wont get this guy unless they trade down from the 6 spot. If you believe the draft prognosticators he's likely going to be picked in the low to mid 20's area of the first round.  Some have him even higher than that. If they got Buffalo's two first rounders, he'd be a perfect selection at #22. 

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I’m taking him at 36 or 37 if he’s there

Me too...and that's after taking Nelson at 6....stud bookend guards with Kelly in between for the next 10 years....

With Nelson and Hernandez going it the first, it would be very unusual for a third guard to go in round 1.

FIX THE LINE NOW!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

The Cotls only had 3 Bama players during the Grigs era. Interestingly, Grigs actually drafted as many players from Georgia as he did Bama (unless you count TRich as a draft pick).

What Grigs really loved (more likely what Pagano and Grigs both loved) was guys that played college ball in Florida.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I’m taking him at 36 or 37 if he’s there

Man, having back to back picks is great. Don’t gotta worry about nobody being in between you stealing your picks. You pick, then you pick again

I hope we have some Colts legends announce at least 4 of the picks this time around. 

Someone get Bob Sanders on the line

I think we trade that second one....trade back a bit maybe pick up a 4th or something. It's very unusual for a team to use back to back picks in the first couple rounds. I imagine after day 1 there will be some guys that slide and there will be a team wanting to move up...and Ballard will trade that pick....just a guess though.

As far as Wynn goes....he is a favorite of mine. He was excellent at Georgia. Even though he has short arms to continue to play tackle I think he would make a great guard and then swing tackle in case someone goes down. I think he could fill in at RT in a pinch. It's important to have those versatile guys...as we know we are always getting injuries to our OL.

As for Bob announcing our draft picks maybe we could get Ryan Grigson to announce ours....that way he would at least have the chance to know what it is like to make a successful pick for us lol. Maybe even fix our OL. Ok that was harsh....but funny to me lol.

3 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I wouldn't mind trading up 5-6 spots with a 4th rounder just to secure him if he falls to the end of the 1st.

I was Just thinking the same thing. Sometimes instead of always trading back for good players, Sometimes you have to trade up and get your guy as well. There will always be a team eyeing the guy you like.

That might have to be the option to get someone like Wynn. Seems guards slide but this kid might even play RT for someone. If we have to move up to get him then we likely spend say our early 4th to move up. Then we trade 37 for someone's middle second rd pick and get their middle to late 4th. Thus we don't lose any picks we just move back with our second 2nd rd pick and 4th rd pick but move up from 36. Gosh that's hard to say. I just see us moving around some with 3 2nds...can't imagine we stay where we are with all 3. It's good to have so many options.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Wynn is undersized and will likely have issues with NFL power. That should lead to Knee issues. Nope.

Maybe for a tackle...but 6'3 and 313 I don't think is undersized for a guard. He is said to have an ideal size for a guard (which is his likely position). Excellent in pass protection in college in an elite conference...good feet so I would think pulling would not be out of the question....not sure he is underpowered if he is moving inside. Oh well.....everyone has their opinions.

7 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

:colts:

So Roquan, now Isaiah. Chris Ballard loves him some Georgia bulldogs :)

Nick Chubb next? :peek: 

Round 1: Roquan Smith

Round 2.1: Isaiah Wynn

Round 2.2: Lorenzo Carter

Round 2.3: Sony Michel

Round 3: Nick Chubb

Round 4:Trenton Thompson 

Round 5: Davin Bellamy

Round 6: Javon Wimms

Round 7: Dominick Sanders 

• Like 1

unless the 1st round goes haywire, I don't think the Colts can count on Wynn dropping to #36. In fact, it's starting to look like Hernandez may not last until Round 2 either, at least not to #36.

on the other hand, some promising OTs may still be there at #36 or #37--O'Neill, Rankin, maybe Crosby. Also some promising CBs and RBs, both of which the Colts could definitely use.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

For how good Winn is, is also the reason I would stay away from Chubb or Sony. Sony and Chubbs highlights are filled with bus size wholes that Winn helped create. Barkley, Guice, and Penny didn't have that. Same reason I would stay away from ND running backs.

Was it the line that made the runner or the runner that made the line. With the size of those wholes in Chubbs and Michels highlights, I would say the Line made the runner.

23 hours ago, stitches said:

Round 1: Roquan Smith

Round 2.1: Isaiah Wynn

Round 2.2: Lorenzo Carter

Round 2.3: Sony Michel

Round 3: Nick Chubb

Round 4:Trenton Thompson 

Round 5: Davin Bellamy

Round 6: Javon Wimms

Round 7: Dominick Sanders 

To be honest, that's not a bad draft.