Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McD has not let Patriots know he is leaving (Rumor)

IndyNismoZ

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

look at Arrowhead Addict

This is indeed on their site....however, Toub did not even receive and interview, so I find it hard to believe that he is automatically the new favorite for the job.  This seems like recycling old rumors when he was the supposed favorite the first time around..then never had an interview.....I would still hedge my money on McDaniels personally.

21 minutes ago, Indeee said:
TomJames_bigger.jpg Tom James @TribStarTJames
Follow Follow @TribStarTJames
More

Boston sports writer Tom Curran says on Dan Patrick Show today that Josh McDaniels to Colts is still a go. Curran says his sources indicate McDaniels will talk to Belichick today and could be announced as Indy HC by Wednesday.

If Belichick told him how much longer he will coach and it was a number he liked, i could see McDaniels
waiting it out,
 He would be leaving a great supporting staff.

Florio is explaining himself on the DP Show. 

He said that Ballard had to sell Irsay on the idea and McDaniels needed sold on Irsay.

He also said it *might* still happen, which sounded like going CYA on his rumor, coupled with all of the other information that's now out.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Florio is explaining himself on the DP Show. 

He said the Ballard had to sell Irsay on the idea and McDaniels needed sold on Irsay.

He also said it *might* still happen, which sounded like going CYA on a his rumor, coupled with all of the other information that's now out.

Florio is a *...

9 hours ago, masnerj said:

2) If he bails on the Colts, he will arguably never get an interview for a serious HC position in the NFL every again. He would essentially be chaining himself to NE for the rest of his life.

This. McDaniels situation is largely different what Belichick's situation was. Yes, Belichick opted out of Jets after saying yes, but he did it because he had an offer from the Patriots. McDaniels doesn't have a better offer than the Colts right now. If he bails on the Colts, his only option is to stay in Boston as OC: And - add this to his Denver experience - he will probably never ever get any offer from any NFL teams. Except maybe the Patriots. And, as good as being the next Pats HC sounds, it actually isn't that tempting. Following the Belichick in Boston, where people soo much used to winning, where the media is famously not forgiving and not patient, and building a new team without Brady? Nooo, thank you. I would easily select Indy, with a patient owner, a young and potentially great QB (even if there is a marginal risk that he won't come back), and a team which is already under rebuild mode, so some early struggle will be forgiven as my next attempt after failing big time in Denver. I just don't see McDaniels being soo dumb he does not see this.

Anyway, here you are:

https://twitter.com/dnelly54/status/960520248586842113

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

Wouldn't that be the way?

I hate the Patriots.

I suppose given what Mort was saying earlier, my amateur detective skills lead me to wonder if this could be about 12's. health too. 

I think Mort's comment was prior to the first interview. If he is pulling out due to Mort's comment or Lucks health nothing has changed since prior to his first interview. Not saying he may not stay in NE but it would be for different reasons.

2 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

To be fair, Eagles d was not exactly 85 Bears there. So happy pats lost.

I didn't watch so I might catch the replay, but there must have been some epic terrible defense played last night if each team had over 500 yds of offense.

12 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Eagles D was just as bad. Only 1 punt in game.

A baseball player, I forget who, said it was like watching a Texas Tech game. Lol.

I thought JM called a great game, so did Pederson.  I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were a Lions fan right now.  Holding out one of your best defenders, and basically letting the opposing team do whatever they wanted.  Not that the vaunted Eagles D was any better. 

18 minutes ago, IinD said:

I didn't watch so I might catch the replay, but there must have been some epic terrible defense played last night if each team had over 500 yds of offense.

Lots of big plays for each team really. Plus Philly went for it on 4th a couple times. 

Calhoun was also technically the first guy to break Pagano being fired. I figure this is as reliable as it can get, if not straight from the Colts FO.

Not to mention it's always seemed like Irsay has an icy standing with the IndyStar guys, they never usually seem to have super reliable info. 

39 minutes ago, IinD said:

Most yards ever combined. Probably the worst D game, but also one of the most entertaining.