Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McD has not let Patriots know he is leaving (Rumor)

IndyNismoZ

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Which goes back to my original inclination, that this is Florio stirring up meaningless rumors. 

Mike Florio is a huge Pats fan and is blowhard and loves to start trouble so he can hear his name in the media. I take what he says with a grain of salt

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Calhoun was also technically the first guy to break Pagano being fired. I figure this is as reliable as it can get, if not straight from the Colts FO.

Not to mention it's always seemed like Irsay has an icy standing with the IndyStar guys, they never usually seem to have super reliable info. 

It's amazing that for being the local media and literally having it be their only job to cover the Colts, they never seem to break a story with the team. Usually its guys like JMV, Calhoun or some national guys that get the scoop first.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Very strange indeed

Maybe not so strange. Writers (opinion and beat) guys have to make an effort in cultivating a relationship with players and staff. I have the belief that Doyel has soured things so much they don't want to talk to him for sure and Holder probably gets lumped in as well.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:55 PM, IndyNismoZ said:

Watching the Superbowl pregame show and one of the gentlemen stated that....

"Patricia has informed the Patriots he will not be returning, while McD has in fact not" 

Take that with a grain of salt but man, will the McD may not come to the Colts quotes ever stop? 

Thought it was interesting though if in fact McD has not informed the Patriots he is leaving and it is Superbowl Sunday. Just something to keep our ears open to. 

Luck is rumored to have signed with the Pats when he has shoulder replacement surgery. :)

40 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

But Fox News only deals in the truth, right?

44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thats your opinion.    You have no facts to support that.

And the fact that you only point to "liberal rags" tells me what I need to know.

58 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Or MSNBC

58 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Plenty of liberal rags and news stations do make up news.

59 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You have obviously never watched CNN....

Guys if this keeps up I'm gonna make it rain with warnings. This is a Josh McDaniels thread, so let's stick to talking about that.

while its kind of funny how this thread turned into a wildfire of unsubstantiated claims I think Florio was just talking out the side of his head. Josh called a good game. It was entertaining to watch. I'm excited to see how this team transforms under his tenure here.

got a co-worker from Boston who was steamed about the call to let Brady catch it. He was wide open but I don't think it was that great of a throw. But I think it was thrown more to the sideline to protect him....anyway it was a call no one expected.

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nobody in the media "makes up news".

No one.

There's a difference between being wrong and making things up.   It's astonishing how many people can't seem to differentiate between the two.

The line of what is labeled as true journalism these days is getting harder and harder to discern.  There is a vast difference in a vetted and sourced story vs. what is put out by even "real" journalists on Twitter.

I think this story has its roots with Florio, a noted Colts hater, who is all too happy to portray something as detrimental to Indy.  Now I believe he got it from somewhere but how vetted is the story?  Is one source good enough to run with it on Twitter?  Or if confirmed by multiple parties, there is no detail into the context of why McDaniels apparently did not have the conversation but Patricia did.  It could be completely innocuous.  

What really is confounding to me is that Florio is known for rumors but employed by NBC nonetheless.  

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The line of what is labeled as true journalism these days is getting harder and harder to discern.  There is a vast difference in a vetted and sourced story vs. what is put out by even "real" journalists on Twitter.

I think this story has its roots with Florio, a noted Colts hater, who is all too happy to portray something as detrimental to Indy.  Now I believe he got it from somewhere but how vetted is the story?  Is one source good enough to run with it on Twitter?  Or if confirmed by multiple parties, there is no detail into the context of why McDaniels apparently did not have the conversation but Patricia did.  It could be completely innocuous.  

What really is confounding to me is that Florio is known for rumors but employed by NBC nonetheless.  

gossip and hearsay have stoked many fires... I think when you are on TV and have a platform silliness can spill out of your mouth if there isn't a narrative to with. Philly won and a lot of folks in the media had to re-write there canned columns.  

1 minute ago, waka waka said:

gossip and hearsay have stoked many fires... I think when you are on TV and have a platform silliness can spill out of your mouth if there isn't a narrative to with. Philly won and a lot of folks in the media had to re-write there canned columns.  

Very true

Everyone must sort out actual news from Columnist/Commentators who spout only their views

18 minutes ago, PeytsBlocker said:

Maybe not so strange. Writers (opinion and beat) guys have to make an effort in cultivating a relationship with players and staff. I have the belief that Doyel has soured things so much they don't want to talk to him for sure and Holder probably gets lumped in as well.

Nicely Put

This is temporarily locked. 

Edit: I'm unlocking now, after having hidden a bunch of off topic, political discourse. This is not allowed on this forum, as the rules state, and as the mods continue to repeat (even in this thread). Please refrain from injecting politics into discussions on this board. Thanks.

54 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Yes....    you'll get no argument from me about the amount of "wrong" news that is posted...    and not just in sports and entertainment,  but in regular mainstream news as well.

New technology has sped things up so fast that stories are not as fully vetted as they were before.  The amount of sources is not what it once was.   Most everything is somewhat compromised to a degree.

Then you get into the politicization of news and how things get colored and shaded to fit a political viewpoint and suddenly the difference between facts and opinions becomes a gray area.   

Its all very very disappointing to me...  

As a journalist all you have is your credibility.  It takes years to establish that.

But it can be wiped out in minutes if a story comes out that proves to be poorly vetted and sourced. 

I dont mean to be the "get off my lawn" guy...    or the "when I was young" guy...   but the media has changed dramatically..   and frankly, NOT for the better.

Apologies for the mini-rant...

1 minute ago, relkins said:

Why hasn't Mcdaniels been claimed as colts coach yet?

He supposedly addressed leaving NE today in a meeting with Belichick, and waiting to do that seems like a personal choice, and aimed to lessen distraction before the SB, not necessarily a bad thing.  Today, Patricia made his hiring official.... Maybe McDaniel's is letting his contemporary have his day in the sun first?  Also, his new team, ( Indy ) may want a day or so to digest and mourn the loss of a member of the organization in a tragic accident before announcing a big-headline thing that could take away from Pound-Cake's short, but well deserved memorial.....

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

He supposedly addressed leaving NE today in a meeting with Belichick, and waiting to do that seems like a personal choice, and aimed to lessen distraction before the SB, not necessarily a bad thing.  Today, Patricia made his hiring official.... Maybe McDaniel's is letting his contemporary have his day in the sun first?  Also, his new team, ( Indy ) may want a day or so to digest and mourn the loss of a member of the organization in a tragic accident before announcing a big-headline thing that could take away from Pound-Cake's short, but well deserved memorial.....

agreed

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

I concur.  The tragic death of Edwin Jackson has probably changed up the scheduling of the official announcement.  It will happen, just maybe a day or two later than first planned.

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’ll just be glad when this is all over. 

All the random threads from people with their theories and opinions on the matter that make zero logical sense are mind boggling and pointless. 

Glad to have him with the Shoe. 

So true.

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Thanks for heads up

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I thought JM called a great game, so did Pederson.  I’m not sure how I’d feel if I were a Lions fan right now.  Holding out one of your best defenders, and basically letting the opposing team do whatever they wanted.  Not that the vaunted Eagles D was any better. 

I really like Patricia....it's not his fault BB has assembled a defense that's lacks talent.