• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I am about to say this is all Luck fault for a guy who went to Stanford he really throw it to one guy

No its not, and no he doesn't. What a load of nonsense.

Are you sure you even watch the Colts? You've stated a lot of inaccurate things in this thread.

1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

How is Cam Newton having shoulder surgery and is throwing in preseason and here Andrew luck same surgery and not throwing. Andrew Luck is injury prone

Andrew takes more than any other QB in the league could have taken, have you seen our o-line?

He's not fricking superman, he's human.  I'm actually surprised he is not *more* injured after the beatings he has taken.

5 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Andrew takes more than any other QB in the league could have taken, have you seen our o-line?

Going to have to slightly disagree with you on that one....David Carr's sack numbers are still the worst when it comes to punishment QB's take. Archie Manning and Patriots era Jim Plunkett are probably runner ups in that debate. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

A bunch of injuries, team looks like crap, Chuck's last year = no sense of urgency from the organization.   If this were a Super Bowl ready team, Luck would likely be out there.  As is, he probably misses a month.  

Exactly!! This is happening because they think this is a rebuilding year. Which isn't fair to Pagano but I guess he's lame duck coach anyway I guess. I'm not a fan of Pagano by the way. 

Just now, Synthetic said:

Going to have to slightly disagree with you on that one....David Carr's sack numbers are still the worst when it comes to punishment QB's take. Archie Manning and Patriots era Jim Plunkett are probably runner ups in that debate. 

I wasn't speaking that historically. I was speaking more since he's been in the league.

49 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

They play Arizona week 2, no?

Yep, you are right, my bad. Luck better be back for that game because Arians and the Cardinals bring heat especially with ball hawk Tyrann Mathieu back in the slot to jump routes, like a joker.

16 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

I know he was a Texan, but it still makes me

sad thinking about Carr's situation. So much potential... 

3 hours ago, Superman said:

That doesn't mean he's injury prone. He went his first three years without missing a game. Then he took a bad hit and hurt his shoulder, causing him to miss two games, but the injury lingered. Then he took another bad hit which cracked a rib and bruised an internal organ, causing him to miss seven games. Then he took another bad hit and suffered a concussion, causing him to miss one game. 

Now, he's had surgery to finally fix a nearly two year old injury, and he's still recovering. 

Notice the theme: took a bad hit. He gets hurt more than he should because he gets hit more than he should. He's NOT injury prone.

There are some players who pull a muscle and miss a couple games, strain a joint with no contact and miss games, seem to get hurt every time they get hit and miss a couple games... Luck has been absolutely battered for most of his career, for various reasons, but it's kind of a miracle that he didn't get hurt sooner. 

Not to be a stinker but I did point out that he get's hit a lot (and when he get's hurt bad, it's him scrambling)- so yeah..

That's not really a very edifying point you make. He's hurt a lot, so he's not injury prone? Oh..

I think we're in the weeds here with our definition and I amicably disagree 

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not to be a stinker but I did point out that he get's hit a lot (and when he get's hurt bad, it's him scrambling)- so yeah..

That's not really a very edifying point you make. He's hurt a lot, so he's not injury prone? Oh..

I think we're in the weeds here with our definition and I amicably disagree 

Not really. The word "prone" is clearly defined. Luck is not prone to injury. 

Maybe another way of looking at this would be to say most football players are injury prone based on the amount of contact they take. QB's shouldn't be taking Jim McMahon level flack in this era, unless they run- that get's those guys hurt. 

I dunno where the imaginary line between hurt too often and injury prone is, but this shouldn't be a contentious point, Luck has been hurt far more than the average. 

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not really. The word "prone" is clearly defined. Luck is not prone to injury. 

"prone" is clearly defined, "laying face down", which is what I'm going to do, instead of bang my head on the wall with this semantics game..

"not really"? Gimme' a break. The guy is hurt, a lot. But he's not injury prone, even though his profession is scrambling QB.. 

lol. Yeah, uh huh..

3 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Then where is the Accountability of Andrew Luck he always holding on to the ball and waiting for TY Hilton to be open he hardly ever checks it down.

It's been a Colts tradition through the years for our defense and running game to be so putrid that we're always playing from behind and our qbs have to climb mountains to get a win. Add a struggling oline and it's obvious that playing that way causes imo about 85% of Andrews int. and sacks that trolls now use as evidence that he's a bad player. Smh. 

5 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:
Date League Injury Details
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Luck presumably took a hard hit from his head bouncing off the ground in Week 11 action.
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 3 Luck presumably took a hard hit from his head bouncing off the ground in Week 11 action.
Sep 1, 2016 NFL Shoulder Labrum Tear In the last week of the preseason, Luck had a "frayed labrum" but was ready to go for week 1 of the regular season.
Nov 2, 2015 NFL Abdomen Muscle Tear Grade 3 Luck suffered from a lacerated kidney plus multiple muscle pulls in his abdomen and was never medically cleared but returned to play after missing 7 games.
Sep 27, 2015 NFL Shoulder Cartilage Tear Luck sprained his shoulder in week 3 against the Titans. He missed the following week's game.

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Injury prone doesn't mean soft (or hurt- nominally, though if he was a OLB, no one would flinch calling him injury prone based on time missed) Luck get's hurt way more than he should. Some of it is on him, some is on the protection (though the kidney and shoulder happened while he was running around- so much for the line getting him hurt..).

I think our friends The Fish and FreenyFan are confused.

You're not injury prone if you're getting pounded in a violent game and it ends in injury.

You're injury prone if you're getting hurt on minor hits,  or on plays where you're not hit at all.     So, if you're cconstantly pulling hamstrings and groin muscles,  then yes,  you're injury prone.     Of if you plant your leg to make a cut and no one hits you,  but your knee buckles and gets hurt,  THEN you're injury prone.

Luck lacerated a kidney in a violent tackle.     He hurt and his shoulder and sternum in a brutal hit and kept playing for two years with it.       He missed a game when his head bounced off the turf (which covers concrete) and suffered a concussion.      That's not being injury prone.     Any player would get injured on those type of hits.      It makes Luck unfortunate,   but that's completely different.

If you want to blame Luck for holding the ball too long trying to make a play,  that's a different argument,  but he's not injury prone.      If you want to blame Luck for focusing too much on throwing to TY Hilton that's another argument as well.       If you don't think he's a good enough QB,  you're entitled to the view,  but it's a different argument than being injury prone.

8 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

How is Cam Newton having shoulder surgery and is throwing in preseason and here Andrew luck same surgery and not throwing. Andrew Luck is injury prone

I have to ask, why such a Jonathan Freeny fan? I mean it doesn't help your case for not being a troll that you're using a Pats player as your username... I mean you can't mean Dwight right? Because the level of informedness you've shown about the Colts in this topic would suggest you'd know how to spell Freeney.

11 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing how you would fare being behind the O-Line Luck has had since he's been here and taking the hits he's taken. 

I'm guessing you would be busy not posting on the count of being in a body cast. 

11 hours ago, Superman said:

This is not a report. This is more speculation.

Information about his return is valuable, as all of us are waiting for the definitive headline; "Andrew Luck taken off PUP", or "Luck to start against Rams, Cardinals or Browns".

In lue of a reliable source like an official statement, this is merely click bait based on Mike Wells' suspicion.

By the way, his quote was that it is "unlikely he will be in uniform, against the Rams".

I'm not impressed by Wells or Holder, in particular.

If he does miss the Rams game, I think the Colts could win it, because Donald may be out, Austin Blythe is their starting center, the Colts are getting healthier and may be able to run the ball well enough to secure a win.

I will feel better about this if we see improvement against the Steelers, win or lose.

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

No its not, and no he doesn't. What a load of nonsense.

Are you sure you even watch the Colts? You've stated a lot of inaccurate things in this thread.

This is a guy who misspelled the name of a player he said he was a fan of in his user name

Oh good Christmas! Just come out with it already.. "He don't feel well, and will miss the 2017 season" I mean the delusional fans will still paint their chests and expect the Colts to make the playoffs still. And us more rational fans will wear Colts decorated papers bags over our heads and wait for 2-14 again.

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh good Christmas! Just come out with it already.. "He don't feel well, and will miss the 2017 season" I mean the delusional fans will still paint their chests and expect the Colts to make the playoffs still. And us more rational fans will wear Colts decorated papers bags over our heads and wait for 2-14 again.

I'm happy being delusional. War paint is better than paper bags anyways. 

2 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

We can beat the Rams without Luck.

I truly hope so!  Let's hope Donald continues his hold out so if Bond or Schwenke are playing Tolzein/Morris has a little time.  Luck comes back week 4 and we could still pull off a 2-1 going into Seattle.