Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee retiring from the NFL

MTC

40 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

One Venn diagram drawn on a napkin from a blogger who supports his claims and estimated stats with ZERO documented research hardly makes a solid argument. Especially connecting those dots to this situation with Pat retiring...

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

8 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

One Venn diagram drawn on a napkin from a blogger who supports his claims and estimated stats with ZERO documented research hardly makes a solid argument. Especially connecting those dots to this situation with Pat retiring...

Even the link imbedded within the first article which comes from the Harvard Business Review sounds a lot more like a commercial for an "Improve your Corporate Cultural Workshop" that a couple of grad students developed to sell to big companies...

Maybe if the Colts would've sent the GM, FO employees, coaching staff, and players to a few more personal development workshops where they could have filled out more "Corporate Cultural Maps", Then, maybe Pat would "like" going to work, and be more focused on kicking football's...

Or maybe the guy has just had several knee surgeries & wants to be able to walk...

Pat was a lot of fun to watch play the game and his tweets about "random" drug tests were priceless . Might be to early for this but do you get a comp pick for loosing the best punter in the league or is there "value" to low for the comp pick system . Real question I have no idea

# knee surgeries in 4 years would get to a person. I would imagine Comedy was his thing since high school and to get paid to that is a great choice for him. I do wonder though that if it does not work out would he come back a few years later? Probably not but there are NO guarantees in life 

53 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Pat was a lot of fun to watch play the game and his tweets about "random" drug tests were priceless . Might be to early for this but do you get a comp pick for loosing the best punter in the league or is there "value" to low for the comp pick system . Real question I have no idea

Teams don't get comp picks for retiring players

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Teams don't get comp picks for retiring players

But his salary comes off the books. Not sure but I think he had a cap hit between 2.5-3 million. Not sure what a free agent punter will cost but certainly save us some money I would believe. I think the real question isn't replacing his punting (because Luck is going to score everytime!!) but the kickoff duties.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

But his salary comes off the books. Not sure but I think he had a cap hit between 2.5-3 million. Not sure what a free agent punter will cost but certainly save us some money I would believe. I think the real question isn't replacing his punting (because Luck is going to score everytime!!) but the kickoff duties.

With where they kickoff from now,  it should be pretty easy to find a guy that can kick it out of the endzone 

2 hours ago, B~Town said:

He is more valuable to our team than Fleener was IMO and fleener granted us a 4th. Maybe we get a 6th? 

42 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

He is more valuable to our team than Fleener was IMO and fleener granted us a 4th. Maybe we get a 6th? 

You don't get anything for someone retiring. I mean just image when Brady retires the Pats would get a 1st IF we were using your criteria.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

You don't get anything for someone retiring. I mean just image when Brady retires the Pats would get a 1st IF we were using your criteria.

True. lol I honestly had no idea. But duh. The 49ers would have several comp picks for the players that have retired in their prime while playing for them. 

Just now, cbear said:

Good grief.  More bad news.  Also talk about a lack of respect.  I haven't seen this mentioned on any of the major sports websites.  I guess he's "just a punter" to the media.  He'll be missed.  We've grown spoiled.

:thmup: (not the best friend part)

1 hour ago, dudeski said:

awesome.  

and hopefully irsay goes after the money he owes on his contract.  

The number is $400k.     That's chump change for Irsay.      He has that much between the seat cushions in his living room sofa.

When Marshawn Lynch retired early from Seattle,  the Seahawks did NOT go after the money he owed them.

That number?    $5 Million dollars.

If you want the Colts to look cheap and punitive to future players,  then by all means,  let's go after 400k.

10 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

# knee surgeries in 4 years would get to a person. I would imagine Comedy was his thing since high school and to get paid to that is a great choice for him. I do wonder though that if it does not work out would he come back a few years later? Probably not but there are NO guarantees in life 

I worked with a producer at my previous job who went to WVU with him and she always referred to him as "silly old Pat." Said he's the funniest person she'd ever me. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The number is $400k.     That's chump change for Irsay.      He has that much between the seat cushions in his living room sofa.

When Marshawn Lynch retired early from Seattle,  the Seahawks did NOT go after the money he owed them.

That number?    $5 Million dollars.

If you want the Colts to look cheap and punitive to future players,  then by all means,  let's go after 400k.

The guy obviously has an axe to grind with Pat for some reason.  Guess he's not a fan of good players that are great for the community as well.

11 hours ago, dudeski said:

awesome.  

That would be a dumb move.   It's possible Pat will come back to the NFL at some time.   Don't burn the bridge.  

18 hours ago, IinD said:

My thoughts exactly. Granted he's very good at his job, but it isn't like a premier pass rusher or your qb retiring out of nowhere.

We'll be fine.

He gave us the least returns against in the NFL on kickoffs and the second best net punt yards.   Those are true yards.  

I feel like people are downplaying the fact that not only was Pat one of the best punters in the league, he was also the best at Onside kicks, and had pinpoint accuracy when throwing on fake punts. He was easily the most game changing player at the position. This is not someone that you can just replace. 

15 hours ago, dudeski said:

awesome.  

For your consideration....

When Reggie Wayne was cut by the Colts and tried out for TWO WEEKS with the Patriots.     They gave him a $450,000 signing bonus.     When they cut Reggie,  they told him to KEEP the bonus.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000782352/article/patriots-didnt-force-reggie-wayne-to-give-up-bonus

Doesn't the angry fan routine ever get old for you?

1 hour ago, Derakynn said:

I feel like people are downplaying the fact that not only was Pat one of the best punters in the league, he was also the best at Onside kicks, and had pinpoint accuracy when throwing on fake punts. He was easily the most game changing player at the position. This is not someone that you can just replace. 

Pat was solid on fake punts too with a nice spin on the ball as well. 

https://youtu.be/6ZR4mH_vT3o

5 hours ago, Myles said:

He gave us the least returns against in the NFL on kickoffs and the second best net punt yards.   Those are true yards.  

Not directing this comment at you per se, but anytime something most would consider major happens some in here will say relax it'll be fine and that's when we lose an important every down player.

I'm certainly not gonna sweat losing our punter honestly.

I agree overall with your statement, but a punter is definitely replaceable.

6 hours ago, Myles said:

That would be a dumb move.   It's possible Pat will come back to the NFL at some time.   Don't burn the bridge.  

Who cares?

he is just a punter that gets in front of the camera too much.  His clown show needs to stay away