Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat McAfee retiring from the NFL

MTC

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he realizes that about half of his audience just walked out of the door with him. Especially on a stupid publicity stunt like this. He has some funny tweets from time to time but a majority of his twitter account is just recycled jokes. I think he tweets "testing positive for intelligence" at least once a day. His standup wasn't bad for an amatuer but no where near what it takes to sell places out all over the country. Best of luck to him, but idk that attaching your wagon to a site that caters to frat dudes and drunk college guys is he best career move...

3 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I don't think he realizes that about half of his audience just walked out of the door with him. Especially on a stupid publicity stunt like this. He has some funny tweets from time to time but a majority of his twitter account is just recycled jokes. I think he tweets "testing positive for intelligence" at least once a day. His standup wasn't bad for an amatuer but no where near what it takes to sell places out all over the country. Best of luck to him, but idk that attaching your wagon to a site that caters to frat dudes and drunk college guys is he best career move...

The last part is what ticked me off.  If he would've came out publicly earlier and did it, I wouldn't have really been so stunned.  However, just being on that show with those toolbags gloating about it at the end stealing him away from football, bugged me.  

19 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

HA!!!

Says the guy with a Kenny Powers avatar!?!?

36 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

What "Loop" have us "real-Colts-fans" been put through???

to keep sports & life en perspective our teams en turmoil/dissary bc a franchise that we could take pride en has slowly deteriorated. Also made me mad bc if he knew he was retiring he could've stfu and kept it moving instead of bashing another

I'll be brutally honest here:

I was in the "Punters and Kickers aren't football players" camp for a long time. That changed with the Colts 4th Down Army. I have nothing but respect and love for Pat McAfee. He brought skill, attention, humor, and SWAGGER to this position. Whether it be pinning teams down consistently back before the 10 yard line (when our special team weren't messing it up) or DESTROYING returners or being part of some great fake punts, he really put his heart, body, (and mouth lol) on the field. 

I, and WE, will miss him. 

And for all y'all haters: I am just shocked as the rest of you but 3 surgeries on the same knee in 4 years is A LOT. He is staying in Indy and is a true Hoosier. 

Love Pat, but jeeze.....  looked up to Pat, but before that we had a pretty dang good punter know as Hunter Smith..... before that we had Rohn Stark, Tom Tupa, etc..... McAfee was great....and got out while the getting was good..... great punter, big personality...... mediocre comedian..... hope he becomes more, because I enjoy his takes, but really that was mostly because he was an NFL player, for my favorite team..... his shttick just lost 75% of it's appeal........without football, he's kinda *y..... unless you like jock tyoes with more money than sense....... again, love Pat, but now, very few people have reason to laugh at the antics of "just another guy who likes to party and has a few million"

If this is all health related, I totally understand..... just retire, and do comedy, please don't pander....

3 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

to keep sports & life en perspective our teams en turmoil/dissary bc a franchise that we could take pride en has slowly deteriorated. Also made me mad bc if he knew he was retiring he could've stfu and kept it moving instead of bashing another

You mean the slow deterioration that lined up exactly with Grigsons arrival, an issue that Irsay has recently addressed? How did Pats decision affect that & how bad really was Pats statement about Grigson & Karma???

Wow... totally did NOT see that coming.  McAfee was one of my favorites and is a cool cool dude.  Does a lot for the veteran community in Indy.  Surprised at all the haters on here.  The guy has had 3 surgeries and is going into his 4th.  At some point you start to look beyond football. 

I wish him the best and hope he succeeds!

1 minute ago, Buck Showalter said:

You mean the slow deterioration that lined up exactly with Grigsons arrival, an issue that Irsay has recently addressed? How did Pats decision affect that & how bad really was Pats statement about Grigson & Karma???

actually imo opinion this team peaked/plateaued en the late manning years & needed a proper rebuilding sans Joseph's departure. Grigson & Pagano only continued the masking, So w/out 18 the franchise has lacked a true general. 

It's all been fluff & Paganos just mediocre.

Pats decision only makes me mad bc he made it a point to kick Grigson on his way out, even though to a degree his on & off the field antics paint him similar to that of a man he besmirched. 

it adds to the holes needing to be filled but it shouldn't be to hard since he's just a punter.