Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make the Pro Bowl

TKnight24

22 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

my impression of the pro bowl is that most people would not be too bothered if it was removed from the schedule, but I imagine it makes a lot of money for nfl leading up to superbowl.

What do you guys think of it?

Ratings have been going down, but they're not awful. I think the players enjoy it when it's in Hawaii, I don't know why they keep moving it around. 

15 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Ok....how did Luck NOT make it??

He and Ben are basically having the same year. 

QB1: 13 games, 3,540 passing yards, 26 TDs, 11 INTs, 63.9% completions, passer rating 94.9

QB2: 13 games, 3,631 passing yards, 27 TDs, 10 INTs, 63.7% completions, passer rating 97.1

Is there any difference, really? How about when I say that QB1's team is 9-4 with him, and QB2's team is 7-6...?

Luck was absolutely deserving, but in making the case for him, you wind up making the case for Ben at the same time.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

QB1: 13 games, 3,540 passing yards, 26 TDs, 11 INTs, 63.9% completions, passer rating 94.9

QB2: 13 games, 3,631 passing yards, 27 TDs, 10 INTs, 63.7% completions, passer rating 97.1

Is there any difference, really? How about when I say that QB1's team is 9-4 with him, and QB2's team is 7-6...?

Luck was absolutely deserving, but in making the case for him, you wind up making the case for Ben at the same time.

well ... my answer would be they have the same stats as you point out. So from there I would then ask who has the best running back and running game... who has the better protection ? The 9-4 record compared to 7-6 might have something to do with each teams defense ? That said , I would probably give the nod to Luck. But who cares ? BTW.. did I make a pretty accurate call on the Texan QB situation ? 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don't think Luck deserved to be named quite honestly...hasn't been that consistent.  Phillip Rivers didn't make it either and I'm sure some Charger fans are wondering why as well.  lol

Rivers definitely does not deserve to go. Way too many interceptions especially in clutch moments.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

well ... my answer would be they have the same stats as you point out. So from there I would then ask who has the best running back and running game... who has the better protection ? The 9-4 record compared to 7-6 might have something to do with each teams defense ? That said , I would probably give the nod to Luck. But who cares ? BTW.. did I make a pretty accurate call on the Texan QB situation ? 

You know me, I don't tout QB wins, and definitely not for this team. Andrew Luck should be an MVP candidate, IMO. But if you have two guys with basically identical stats, aren't voters automatically going to go to team record next? 

I don't vote for the Pro Bowl; the few times I have, it's pretty much all just players I like, not players I think are the best at their positions. So I'd go Luck over Ben for sure, but I don't think Luck got slighted.

As for the Texans QBs, yeah, I was going to dig up that exchange. Suddenly, exactly what you predicted is happening. And worse for Osweiler, Savage actually looks good... 

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

You know me, I don't tout QB wins, and definitely not for this team. Andrew Luck should be an MVP candidate, IMO. But if you have two guys with basically identical stats, aren't voters automatically going to go to team record next? 

I don't vote for the Pro Bowl; the few times I have, it's pretty much all just players I like, not players I think are the best at their positions. So I'd go Luck over Ben for sure, but I don't think Luck got slighted.

As for the Texans QBs, yeah, I was going to dig up that exchange. Suddenly, exactly what you predicted is happening. And worse for Osweiler, Savage actually looks good... 

Oh.. I agree that either picking Ben or Luck was fine. I was just pointing out that IMO , considering what each had to work with , I'd give the nod to Luck. Oh ... and BTW , I'm biased. If it were exactly reversed , I'd change priorities and say the guy going to the playoffs should be picked.

As for the Texans , I can't wait to see if they actually had their QB on their roster when they rolled the dice with Oswieler. The next few weeks will give us a better picture. He had no pressure last week and beat the Jags . Little different starting games when the opposition game plans your weaknesses. But he did make some really good throws in that game....If he finishes the season just "OK" , then Houston has a real mess. Savage will be in his contract year ,  Oswieler riding the pine .. do they take a QB high in the draft ?If they don't ,  what do they do if Savage beats Oswieler out and he turns out to be just a guy ? 

24 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Oh.. I agree that either picking Ben or Luck was fine. I was just pointing out that IMO , considering what each had to work with , I'd give the nod to Luck. Oh ... and BTW , I'm biased. If it were exactly reversed , I'd change priorities and say the guy going to the playoffs should be picked.

As for the Texans , I can't wait to see if they actually had their QB on their roster when they rolled the dice with Oswieler. The next few weeks will give us a better picture. He had no pressure last week and beat the Jags . Little different starting games when the opposition game plans your weaknesses. But he did make some really good throws in that game....If he finishes the season just "OK" , then Houston has a real mess. Savage will be in his contract year ,  Oswieler riding the pine .. do they take a QB high in the draft ?If they don't ,  what do they do if Savage beats Oswieler out and he turns out to be just a guy ? 

One thing Savage has done excellently is targeting Hopkins. The fact that the Oz had a receiver, who was considered top 5 heading into the season and more or less made him irrelevant, just shows how bad he is.

Savage showed some chemistry with Hopkins. I watched the highlights and some of those sideline throws and timing routes were on point. 

It was against the Jags, yes, but Savage played well. I really hope he permanently steals the starting job from Brock because to be honest, I can't stand the guy.

I think Luck deserved the nod over Roethlisberger, but the Steelers have one of the largest fanbases in the league. It's not surprising. I kind of wish fan voting wasn't a thing, but people would be even more indifferent to the Pro-Bowl than they are now if it was eliminated.

6 hours ago, Superman said:

Big Ben has a defense.... Luck does not....

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Which typically doesn't factor into Pro Bowl voting.

No it doesn't and if I were a Pittsburgh fan , I would say that Luck , without laying an egg and despite not having a lot of help , did nothing special in that home game vs Houston. That was the season defining game. 

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I dont know...might be having his best year

Luck did not have a good 2015. 

Since the Pro Bowl voting starts week 6, you have to think many voters opinions are based off of the previous season.

I think it is very stupid to start the voting 6 weeks in and end it with games left in the season.   

Makes it a popularity contest for the popular teams.

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

I am surprised that Adam Vinatieri didn't make it.  Hard to believe he's only made 3 Pro Bowls during his illustrious career.

Only one kicker from each conference gets in and it's very tough to say Justin Tucker doesn't deserve it, even for Colts fans.