Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tolzien will do just fine...It's defense that worries me..

tfunky14

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

I'm not real concern with starting Tolzien as the Steelers defense is not that good at all. The Colts will score points but I'm more concern with the Colt's defense and containing the Steelers's Offense.

What have you seen from Tolzien to.make you think he will be able to move the ball?  They will stack the box and blitz the whole game

4 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I think Tolzein will get sacked at least 5 times, I think he'll throw at least 2 picks and lose one fumble.  The Colts only hope to score is Gore or the defense forcing turnovers to give the offense a short field (which really hasn't happened all year). I think the Steelers win 35-9. 

I think you're right. The onus is obviously on the run game now. The Steelers aren't going to be afraid of Tolzien. 

Man. I just don't know. I usually find myself more in between optimism and pessimism. But I don't think I've had less hope for a football game than I do tomorrow (aside from the entire 2011 season). 

Tolzien is who he is. A career backup. At least some of the other backups who have played well recently were either 1) Young and had some upside or 2) Had an amazing team behind them too.

Even when fully health, I'd put the Colts roster in the bottom third of the league. It's just that Luck would be able to mask at least 50 % of that. Now that he's gone, I just don't know how the Colts will be able to keep up with a Steeler offense that is bound to put up 35 + on Indy's leaky defense.

I see Indy maybe hanging in for a quarter or two, and then just unraveling at half time.

Steelers win 45-17

If I've learned anything through the years of watching football, it's that football is weird. It would not shock me to see Tolzien put up 4 TDs, pull out a freak win, and for everyone on the forum to be questioning if Luck is overrated. Pittsburgh will not have much film on the guy, and that plays to our advantage.

Stranger things have happened than for a career backup QB to come in and beat a .500 team at home.

45 minutes ago, Jules said:

With Luck I was absolutely convinced we were going to pull the upset in a big night game at home. 

Now? I have no idea what to think of this Tolzien, sigh.........well he can't be worse then Curtis Painter.

Curtis painter 6 tds and 13 ints in 8 games started. tolzien 1 td and 5 ints in 2 games started. tolzien did hit on five plays of 25 yards or more in one game, but that is the only thing good about him.

I dont have much faith,but Steelers defense and run game isnt what it use to be,still have to account for bell on screens and in the slot,Antonio we will have to try an blanket but outside of him its no big name receivers to stress,Who knows this is Scotts first action he could come out with his fresh legs and arm over a defense on short rest and make something happen.Good thing im off Fri cause there will be lots of beer to be had.

As long as we put in a plan like with Hassleback,quick routes etc we have speed all over the place,let frank do his thing because there's 10 days in between to rest up.Hoping for a Thanksgiving day Miracle,besides when asked to go into prevent and play 10 yards off,the defense has been playing much better as of late,titans came in with a high octane run game and decent pass game and for the most part were shut down,even though depleted its still no task to slow Rodgers down either,Big Ben i dont think is still back to normal after the knee so get him off his spot and lets see what we can make happen.

Defense will be gassed because Tolzien won't be able to sustain drives.

It'll unravel quickly regardless of the whole 'keep the hope' sentiment.

Acting like losing Luck isn't a big deal is crazy talk. Even if Tolz gets a lead you really think our D isn't going to blow several coverages when guys like Brown go deep? Ben will feast on our terrible defense. 

Just enjoy thanksgiving dinner because you won't like watching this game. I had a little hope until I heard the Luck news.