Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Morrison

ColtsFanMikeC

Been 2 games in a row now with 0 tackles for A. Morrison.... I don't see him on the injured list or the inactive list.  I may have missed it, but did he play a snap yesterday?

IMO, he has shown glimpses earlier in the year but mostly has looked a bit slow and often out of place... maybe that's why he has had 0 production in past 2 weeks?

wouldn't have been out on the field much yesterday as they were playing Geathers in the LB spot to help with extra coverage. Jackson wasn't even out on the field very much. Morrison, as much as I like how he runs around with intent, just can't cover a RB or TE right now. Don't know if that will ever change.

17 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I have a man crush on his locks. They're amazing.

17 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I have a man crush on his locks. They're amazing.

Illgo on record in saying that I was the first to publically declare his love for the man's Mane on this forum. 

As a Hispanic man I am jelly that I can never have that hairstyle. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Illgo on record in saying that I was the first to publically declare his love for the man's Mane on this forum. 

As a Hispanic man I am jelly that I can never have that hairstyle. 

Grow your hair out and bleach it. I bleached mine because I dressed up as John 5 for a Halloween party. It's easy. Granted it won't be quite the same. Bleached and long is still rad if you can pull it off.

I think its way too soon to read last rites to Morrison. He is obviously going to have to work all off season on coverage and recognition skills. But he does have some ability; he's just overwhelmed by the speed of the game. There are many rookies who start out this way and evolve into solid players.  Lets see what happens over the rest of the season and what he shows us next year. Then we'll know what the Colts have. 

2 hours ago, tommatte said:

Good Win bad prevent D too early cant sit on a lead ? Do everything that got you the lead

You can only return so many kick-offs in a game, and you really don't want to be doing all it takes to get more of those opportunties.

54 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I think its way too soon to read last rites to Morrison. He is obviously going to have to work all off season on coverage and recognition skills. But he does have some ability; he's just overwhelmed by the speed of the game. There are many rookies who start out this way and evolve into solid players.  Lets see what happens over the rest of the season and what he shows us next year. Then we'll know what the Colts have. 

You cant fix slow

5 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Been 2 games in a row now with 0 tackles for A. Morrison.... I don't see him on the injured list or the inactive list.  I may have missed it, but did he play a snap yesterday?

IMO, he has shown glimpses earlier in the year but mostly has looked a bit slow and often out of place... maybe that's why he has had 0 production in past 2 weeks?

He's not playing many regular defensive snaps.       He's playing mostly special teams.

That's why the low production.

Morrison is a straight ahead run stuffer. He accelerates forcefully into gaps, hits with authority and has good recognition in the power running game. His ability to move in space is what cost him playing time.

He plays goal line and short yardage snaps to take advantage of what he does solidly.

Special teams are tough for him too, as it requires him to move laterally, change directions, stop & start, and calculate angles. 

If the Colts bring in a bunch of ILB's this offseason, he'll need to up his skills a bunch to stick around.

15 hours ago, Douzer said:

Morrison is a straight ahead run stuffer. He accelerates forcefully into gaps, hits with authority and has good recognition in the power running game. His ability to move in space is what cost him playing time.

He plays goal line and short yardage snaps to take advantage of what he does solidly.

Special teams are tough for him too, as it requires him to move laterally, change directions, stop & start, and calculate angles. 

If the Colts bring in a bunch of ILB's this offseason, he'll need to up his skills a bunch to stick around.

Up His skills?....Or ride a souped up Segway...something to get him to the fight faster.

17 hours ago, BOTT said:

You cant fix slow

32 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Up His skills?....Or ride a souped up Segway...something to get him to the fight faster.

To his credit, many people thought he shouldn't have played last year at Florida and didn't think he'd be ready this year due to his knee injury.

Maybe they need to rest him and let him heal completely..... then again, maybe he's just slow.

51 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

To his credit, many people thought he shouldn't have played last year at Florida and didn't think he'd be ready this year due to his knee injury.

Maybe they need to rest him and let him heal completely..... then again, maybe he's just slow.

Its been at least 18 months and closer to 2 years....he may get healthier but he's not getting any faster - at least not in a meaningful way.  Some guys can run and some guys can't.  You can tell by the way he moves that he has some foot quickness but he'll never have any speed.

I'd go so far as to say that the staff thought they were getting a guy that ran poorly because he came straight from the hospital, but have instead found that he just plain runs poorly.

On 11/7/2016 at 4:16 PM, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Morrison is weak bro 

35 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I'm talking about I'm not a fan of Morrison, that's what I'm talking about. 

You don't have to be a fan.

But the kid is 9 games into his career.     The Colts think highly of him.     More rookies than not typically don't do much in their rookie year.

Calling a rookie "garbage" 9 games into a rookie year makes you look like someone who doesn't know anything about football.       I've never thought about you that way......       I don't know where this came from...

On 11/8/2016 at 10:56 AM, ztboiler said:

What will get him to the fight faster is improved reaction time.    And that will happen over time...   next year, and the year after....       Morrison will get better....

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What will get him to the fight faster is improved reaction time.    And that will happen over time...   next year, and the year after....       Morrison will get better....

I don't jump to conclusions about rookies...but in Morrison's case, I make an exception.

The staff clearly thought highly of him, but they live in a fluid world with more complete information today than the day Morrison was drafted.  

Of course you may be right...and there are still more votes to count.