Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Proof They Are Winners

King Colt

On the flip side of all the negatives don't ignore the fact that in some of the four quarters of each game the Colts play well enough to win. The last game they came out winning then fell off to lose as opposed to previous games when they rise in the fourth quarter. That said why is this true? Why are they winning only a portion of the games? Slumps are supposed to happen between games not during games. Is it sudden motivation or sudden apathy?  They obviously are not tired so is somebody putting something in their water? Why does any team only play a portion of the four quarters in every game? So how do you say they are no good if they are good part of the game and not good the other part of the game. It has to be a head scratcher for any coach. Coach Lombardi famously said, "What the hell's going on out there"? For the Colts it is not only a question of "out there" but "in here" as well.

33 minutes ago, King Colt said:

On the flip side of all the negatives don't ignore the fact that in some of the four quarters of each game the Colts play well enough to win. The last game they came out winning then fell off to lose as opposed to previous games when they rise in the fourth quarter. That said why is this true? Why are they winning only a portion of the games? Slumps are supposed to happen between games not during games. Is it sudden motivation or sudden apathy?  They obviously are not tired so is somebody putting something in their water? Why does any team only play a portion of the four quarters in every game? So how do you say they are no good if they are good part of the game and not good the other part of the game. It has to be a head scratcher for any coach. Coach Lombardi famously said, "What the hell's going on out there"? For the Colts it is not only a question of "out there" but "in here" as well.

Well part of it is coaching, part of it is the intangibles of the players (things that most fans call heart or toughness or (as my coach used to say) intestinal fortitude.  IMO there is a huge difference between the person that is highly motivated to win and the person who absolutely hates to lose.  For my money, I will take the guy that hates to lose every time.  And to me, from an outsiders perspective, it seems the Colts are made up of a bunch of guys that are highly motivated to win.  Guys like Gore, Mathis, Hilton, and Mewhort seem to be the guys that display the traits that they hate to lose.

Also I would argue that being a "good" football player means you are good for extended periods of time-- games not quarters.

Well, as flawed as this team is, the fact is they very easily could have / should have beaten Detroit, Jacksonville, and now the latest, Houston.  I think most people here will agree with that.  Ergo, if this team had taken care of business like they ought to have, instead of being 2-4, the Colts would be 5-1.  What would the narrative be if they were 5-1

?

Seasons like this will happen. I don't like it but as a fan I can cope with it. Being a fan since 1984 I have seen some God awful Football prior to Peyton Manning so maybe that is why. Winning a SB has helped me as a fan as well to take the good with the bad, at least the Colts have a Championship where a lot of teams don't.  

4 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

Sure, we suck right now, but guess what? This is the NFL in the parity Era. So does pretty much everybody else. We have as much chance to turn it around and catch fire as anyone. 

I was just going to say how competitive the NFL is these days.  Really the only team I can think of that is truly on another level is the Patriots.  But that is why coaching and execution are so important in the NFL, because turning close losses into wins is the difference maker for almost the entire league.  Right now those two things are failing us and the difference between a playoff team and an organization that will potentially be drafting in the top ten. 

2 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Some colts fans will just never get it . Everything will NOT always be ok. This team is hot garbage and is going no where fast. If there's ever a time to panic... its now.

Panic?  

I agree the team's a mess, but what good comes from panic?

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Seasons like this will happen. I don't like it but as a fan I can cope with it. Being a fan since 1984 I have seen some God awful Football prior to Peyton Manning so maybe that is why. Winning a SB has helped me as a fan as well to take the good with the bad, at least the Colts have a Championship where a lot of teams don't.  

Yes seasons like this will happen but when you do not see the light at the end of the tunnel because many Colt fans have no faith in Pagano and Grigson it can be very depressing.

2 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Some colts fans will just never get it . Everything will NOT always be ok. This team is hot garbage and is going no where fast. If there's ever a time to panic... its now.

Panicking over something in which you have no control does nothing.

18 minutes ago, IndyTrav said:

We've literally played 5 of the worst teams in the NFL and we are 2-4.....they haven't proved anything other than they belong in the discussion of the worst teams in the league. 

I laugh at some of the stuff I read here also. This is a bottom third of the league team.

'We were in every game', yeah, but we still keep losing though. This was the supposed easy part of the schedule, I'm afraid to see the second half.

3 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

Yes seasons like this will happen but when you do not see the light at the end of the tunnel because many Colt fans have no faith in Pagano and Grigson it can be very depressing.

Yes it is depressing. Sunday was a punch to the gut. The way we lost that game almost tells me it's not in the cards this season for us to make the Playoffs.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it is depressing. Sunday was a punch to the gut. The way we lost that game almost tells me it's not in the cards this season for us to make the Playoffs.

Would you want to make the playoffs with theses to in charge and be humiliated again

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Panic?  

I agree the team's a mess, but what good comes from panic?

It may not serve a purpose, but for some to continue to have this "I don't understand why everybody is so negative" mindset when our team is one of the worst team's in the league with one of the best qb's in the league, is really ridiculous.  Some act as if criticism is NEVER justified.  

3 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:
7 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

It may not serve a purpose, but for some to continue to have this "I don't understand why everybody is so negative" mindset when our team is one of the worst team's in the league with one of the best qb's in the league, is really ridiculous.  Some act as if criticism is NEVER justified.  

I hear you. Yes, there is plenty to criticize, and plenty of room for improvement.  But no need to panic.  That's all.

1 hour ago, IndyTrav said:

We've literally played 5 of the worst teams in the NFL and we are 2-4.....they haven't proved anything other than they belong in the discussion of the worst teams in the league. 

All this.  We can't run the ball.  We can't protect our QB.  We can't play defense.  We're poorly coached.  We only play decently football for maybe a half.  We are not a good team.  Everyone involved in building this monster should take a time out to think about what they've done.

On the positive side, our punt game is balling out of control which is helpful when the rest of the team sucks.

1 minute ago, Jaric said:

All this.  We can't run the ball.  We can't protect our QB.  We can't play defense.  We're poorly coached.  We only play decently football for maybe a half.  We are not a good team.  Everyone involved in building this monster should take a time out to think about what they've done.

On the positive side, our punt game is balling out of control which is helpful when the rest of the team sucks.

Don't forget  My man Vinny.  #4.  

8 minutes ago, Jaric said:
1 minute ago, Jaric said:

Like 3 years ago I assumed we'd be needing to replace him and I was wrong.  

You weren't alone. A lot were calling for that.  Not me.  Btw....great to see you posting here again.  You've been missed.

I don't have a lot of optimism for this season so why panic?

Frankly if they go 4-12 maybe that get's Grigson and Pagano out and we get a good draft slot. This squad desperately needs a difference maker or two in the front 7 on D and the best place to get those guys is in the draft.

There's really not much to say about this years squad except that they're generally a disappointment and they're stress inducing to watch. 

We are not good. We will not make the playoffs, and we are not well coached. We have a terrible defense, and we seem to choke at crunch time. But with all the diatribes and brouhaha on here, you would think football was really important in the grand scheme of things. Ponder what needs to be done for sure, but do we really need the hate and nonsense?

I suggest not. Beat the Titans and make this forum a little more fun please Mr Pagano. Just for entertainment value.....

"Colts Proof They Are Winners" 

King Colt, I appreciate what you're trying to do--Focus on what we did well as opposed to what we fell thru on. I won't mock you for that. 

But, when I read about 'winners', it usually means 1 of 2 things: 

Either, a Queen Freddie Mercury confetti championship anthem or when a drop dead gorgeous woman says to a nerd with no shot now there's a winner. 

I think we all know which category the Colts fall into right now. 

17 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

King Colt, I appreciate what you're trying to do--Focus on what we did well as opposed to what we fell thru on. I won't mock you for that. 

Either, a Queen Freddie Mercury confetti championship anthem or when a drop dead gorgeous woman says to a nerd with no shot now there's a winner. 

Spot on SW1

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

We are not good. We will not make the playoffs, and we are not well coached. We have a terrible defense, and we seem to choke at crunch time. But with all the diatribes and brouhaha on here, you would think football was really important in the grand scheme of things. Ponder what needs to be done for sure, but do we really need the hate and nonsense?

I suggest not. Beat the Titans and make this forum a little more fun please Mr Pagano. Just for entertainment value.....

Hate and nonsense, yeah no need for that. The Colts being bad is not end of the world depressing stuff. But honestly, as a longtime lurker who just made an account, there seem to be a few people here who consider just about any sort of negative post to be "hate and nonsense." 

Not denying that there are't some extreme posters, but I think terms like "debbie downers" and "bashing" get used way too loosely around here. Then again I'm used to being on reddit and Stampede Blue where most people are seriously fed up with the team and trolls are a lot more common.

17 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

Agree...The Colts were dominating the game for 55 minutes Sunday night and lost it.

Why? I don't know..I'm not giving up on this team like others on here have already.

That's what I said last week......I've bought in now.  Hey, it's not that they don't have some times of good play or some good pillars to build on.  It's that they appear to be led by the blind.  And until that changes I don't see how they start winning consistently.

The problem is he and Grigs are "married".  If one leaves town the other is soon to follow.  So you don't just have to search for a new HC, you need a new GM too.  Easier said than done.

17 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I agree but if this team is weak then why are the comments on this team running like "what is wrong with the Colts"? and so on. No one called this type of performance before the season began. Losing to the teams they have lost to is a surprise to the majority and that cat came out of the bag with the loss to Detroit. The recent years have shown the Colts play up to the level of the teams opposite them but this year they come out looking like wounded puppies for the first half and that is puzzling. Now many are saying fired the GM and coach. OK, now who is going to decide who will replace them both? Irsay? Scary thought. Isn't he "the buck stops here"? Why does he not believe is running game? Why did he pay Luck $140,000,000 to let him stand out like a duck in a cage full of snakes? Luck suffered an internal injury last year and this year is getting hit more than last! Why is their defense weak when Pagano's history is defense? The parts are not fitting the puzzle and they have looked confused every game so far and worse than last year without Luck. I have no clue so maybe Irsay should hire me!!