What do you do now?

bap1331

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jbaron04 said:

I'll take then how ever they come,  but something has to give the worst def performance of the year when we are the healthiest, I'm baffled 

Against a terrible team, no less.

This is our team.  This is what we look like healthy.  This legitimately frightens me.

Oh man.......not too excited about the possibility of the playoffs really. Won't lie. I would almost rather it be Houston who gets demolished by NE or Pittsburgh then us.

It's nice to win but this team looks so bad even against bad teams........

10 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We keep winning.

We keep winning just enough to make Irsay thinks it's reasonable to keep both Pagano and Grigson. We miss the playoffs by one win or barely gets in there and gets embarrassed at home.. but hey, at least we made the dance, right? Another banner for us.

Then on top of keeping Pagano and Grigson with all their flaws in the coaching, drafting and FA signing department, we miss out on the best prospects in the 2017 draft.

9 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

That goes down as one of the ugliest wins in Colts history. We dont want to lose but if we keep winning, were just helping Grigson and Pagano keep their jobs...

Even an ugly win is a win. Perhaps this one was needed for the team to get back to the track.

I'm having my usual 'victory beer' anyway.

1 minute ago, twfish said:

You guys are complaining about a win wishing we would have lost? Some of you really make me ashamed to be apart of this forum sometimes....

Why?  More wins mean we probably keep Pagano and Grigson and this team's outlook is bleak.  More losses mean we get rid of that dead weight and we get a better draft position

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

You guys are complaining about a win wishing we would have lost? Some of you really make me ashamed to be apart of this forum sometimes....

It's realizing this team has no realistic chance to win anything besides a participation banner. 23-21 outside the afc south is realizing this team is not that good

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Why?  More wins mean we probably keep Pagano and Grigson and this team's outlook is bleak.  More losses mean we get rid of that dead weight and we get a better draft position

We probably keep Pagano and Grigs either way.

9 minutes ago, Jules said:

Oh man.......not too excited about the possibility of the playoffs really. Won't lie. I would almost rather it be Houston who gets demolished by NE or Pittsburgh then us.

It's nice to win but this team looks so bad even against bad teams........

Look man, im tired of seeing Patriots get a free ride to the Super Bowl. So sending the Texans is a waste of time. Atleast the Jaguars are alittle closer. LOL!

13 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Against a terrible team, no less.

This is our team.  This is what we look like healthy.  This legitimately frightens me.

We need way more athletic linebacks, Mathis is done, we haven't had pressure on any qb all year no a single one . And the hardest position on the colts is the number 2 corner gosh. 

18 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

That goes down as one of the ugliest wins in Colts history. We dont want to lose but if we keep winning, were just helping Grigson and Pagano keep their jobs...

If we don't make the playoffs, they don't keep their jobs.

4 minutes ago, twfish said:

well im not really complaining about the win. Im just saying there is consequences. Every win means Grigson is here to stay...along with Pagano.......and Chudzinski........................................

6 minutes ago, twfish said:

its bc the team is bad and winning only masks ineptitude

10 minutes ago, James said:

We keep winning just enough to make Irsay thinks it's reasonable to keep both Pagano and Grigson. We miss the playoffs by one win or barely gets in there and gets embarrassed at home.. but hey, at least we made the dance, right? Another banner for us.

Then on top of keeping Pagano and Grigson with all their flaws in the coaching, drafting and FA signing department, we miss out on the best prospects in the 2017 draft.

Maybe the Colts will get a "participation banner" this year. 

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

not necessarily. Patriots and Packers have been in the bottom 5 draft picks for more than a decade and look at their teams. Browns, Titans, and all those shenanigan teams have been in the top 10 and what have they done?!

1 minute ago, bap1331 said:

well im not really complaining about the win. Im just saying there is consequences. Every win means Grigson is here to stay...along with Pagano.......and Chudzinski........................................

Chud is far from the problem buddy. 

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Exactly!

I want whats best for this squad. I don't hate that we won and it feels okay to win. But, man this was ugly and the Bears are one of the worst in the league and it almost feels blah.

11 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

They gave up 500+ yards to the bears who average 13 points per game

Fire them all.... we should have dismantled the Bears

You know the worst part we are not a good football team by any stretch but we could have easily bin 4-1 but we need to have a very very good draft 

2 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

not necessarily. Patriots and Packers have been in the bottom 5 draft picks for more than a decade and look at their teams. Browns, Titans, and all those shenanigan teams have been in the top 10 and what have they done?!

That's when the getting-rid-of-Grigson part comes in.  We'd bring in a GM who, unlike Grigson, makes the most of his drafts.

2 minutes ago, relkins said:

Think this ugly wait for green bay, Pittsburgh and Atlanta

If we made the playoffs imagine the deflate gate revenge Brady could put up on us.........

OMG.

Although a big loss to NE might make Irsay lose his marbles even more so.

I am okay with us winning and all but I am very worried too. It's like you can't have a good win here, it feels like a loss/win almost.

Very ugly win, but a win is a win. All I can say is thank God we played the Bears today otherwise we have been

1-4.  Our defense is just very vanilla and barring a miracle we will not win 8 games this season.

5 years in and our offensive linew is still offensive. Our linebackers areally lost and no one stays home for the over the middle plays. This is what happens when we draft horribly and do even more miserably in free agency

Winning doesn't secure your job. Irsay is just in love with them. Doesn't matter if we win or lose. Chuck surviving cancer secured his job as bad as that sounds. And the past 2 drafts have saved Grigson 

That's just the reality of it. Get use to them, they're not going anywhere 

We go out and win the division... Not sure how a fan can root for their team to lose... I couldn't even do it in our last game of 2011, where losing gave us the #1 pick. 

I understand if some fans were hoping we'd lose in that 2011 game. It brought #12 here. This season is different, though. We did look bad in the win today, but Houston is a train wreck... Their defense had played as poorly as ours the last couple weeks. If we win the division, then the SB is still alive... No way I could be disappointed that we won. 

I think Tennesee looks like the best team in the South right now. They have a good OL, which will cover a lot of warts on offense. I think this season is shaping up to be a thriller in the South, with every team still in it after 5 weeks. 

The football season is short and the off-season lasts forever. At least that's how it feels to many of us. I have to be able to enjoy wins, or it isn't as much fun for me. Drafting higher is very very VERY overrated. Shiny new GMs and coaches usually are, too. 

5 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Very ugly win, but a win is a win. All I can say is thank God we played the Bears today otherwise we have been

1-4.  Our defense is just very vanilla and barring a miracle we will not win 8 games this season.

5 years in and our offensive linew is still offensive. Our linebackers areally lost and no one stays home for the over the middle plays. This is what happens when we draft horribly and do even more miserably in free agency

We're is the pressure on the qb, like I want to vomit some times watching the colts #2 corner and def 

I'll never root against this team, but were this team to somehow win this division, I see nothing positive coming from it.  This is a bad, poorly coached team, completely devoid of talent. The punter and kicker are two of the best, most valuable players on this team.  

Long term, this situation is going nowhere.  Based on winning the final two of 2015 and finishing 8-8, we're already looking at one lost season. 

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

complaining about winning :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We win and people still complain. SMH, sad.

Yeah, how about you two actually look at what people are really writing. It's about long-term health and future of the franchise, not instant gratification. Try comprehend that it's not about "complaining about winning". It's about so much more.

Winning = increases the likelihood of Irsay thinking it's reasonable to keep both Pagano and Grigson. We either miss the playoffs by one or two wins or barely gets in there and gets embarrassed at home in the wildcard round or the divisional round.. but hey, at least we made the dance, right? You're happy with another AFC South Champs banner?

Then on top of keeping Pagano and Grigson with all their flaws in the coaching, drafting and FA signing department, we miss out on the best prospects in the 2017 draft. You really want the Colts to continue this cycle of mediocrity with Pagano and Grigson? The people who "complain about winning" don't want that. They want more.