Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Broncos Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Serious question to a lot of the detractors on here, let us accept that most people don't remember the play by play of games just the result.

With that thinking in mind, if we go in the half being within a TD considering how we've been outplayed, how we've lost yet more CBs, how the O has regressed back to 3 and outs, don't you think we should actually kinda be happy it's this close?

We all know what Luck is capable of when he gets going... and he is the 4th Qtr monster.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

It's a one possession game going into the half.  Yardage is way skewed in their favour, but the score is the only thing that matters.  We receive to begin the second half, and we're good at making those halftime adjustments.  This game is not over

No it's not over but looks pretty bleak considering Luck is not getting a lot of help nor is he playing well. 

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

It's a one possession game going into the half.  Yardage is way skewed in their favour, but the score is the only thing that matters.  We receive to begin the second half, and we're good at making those halftime adjustments.  This game is not over

Yep all it matters is the score. If we get outgained by a 4 to 1 margin like it is now I will be like any other fan of other teams and say Andrew Luck played Great and he's the reason we won haha Just kidding but that is what people do with their favorite QB's. At least Luck hasn't turned it over and that is a big reason why we are actually in it. I knew their QB would turn it over at least once if not twice. We should've scored a TD on his 1 so far but Butler came up lame while running to the house of all things.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Serious question to a lot of the detractors on here, let us accept that most people don't remember the play by play of games just the result.

With that thinking in mind, if we go in the half being within a TD considering how we've been outplayed, how we've lost yet more CBs, how the O has regressed back to 3 and outs, don't you think we should actually kinda be happy it's this close?

We all know what Luck is capable of when he gets going... and he is the 4th Qtr monster.

Agreed. With our short comings on D, and our struggling offense, we are fortunate to still be so close. Offense adjustments and we get hot we have a decent chance.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Yes, we're lucky to not be down 3 touchdowns.

As for our offense, I'd just say that Denver's defense is (thus far, anyway) dominating us.  Receivers aren't getting enough separation.  And, as usual, we're getting embarrassed at the line of scrimmage.  Luck is consistently under pressure and both teams know we can't run the ball.

Our offensive line is just....well....offensive.  I'm sure Denver's elite D has a lot to do with that.  But through 6 quarters of football this season, our offense has looked atrocious in 4 of them.  And it mostly comes back to our old Achilles Heel: the line.

Defensively, I think we've done about as well as can be expected with 4 or 5 scout teamers out there.  I'd like to see more pressure on the QB: force him to make some bad throws.

Moore's had to pick up his jockstrap a couple times.

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Well, the score is all that matters at the end of the game.  That's true.  But I hope and expect the coaches aren't adopting that attitude at half.  We've got to move the ball to score, and we have to score to win.

We're lucky as heck to only be down 7.  But if we don't get our problems figured out, we have no chance.

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't think you understand how injuries work.  You can't coach injuries away

You can most certainly minimize the potential for injuries by having a proper strength and conditioning program implemented by a coach.

I don't think you understand that it is the off-season that matters.....you make sure your players are the correct ones (Grigson's job) and are in shape and can take contact (Pagano's).   It is not just a coincidence that we have so many hurt players on the roster.  It is because we tolerate it.  Pagano in particular.  Why do  you think the team loves him?

Just now, James said:

You can most certainly minimize the potential for injuries by having a proper strength and conditioning program implemented by a coach.

I agree to a certain extent, there will always be arguments and fads about what is the "correct" way to condition players, but I think we can all agree that the Colts are probably employing people who know more about sports science than we do. 

At the end of the day football is a brutal vicious game, that taxes the body to the max even in the non contact aspects (fast cuts, repeated throwing etc.) and those bodies that are being taxed are quite often taken beyond the boundaries of what it normally considered "healthy".

That and we see to have an injury curse!