Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck is back

RockThatBlue

Look this loss sucked, and in a tougher AFC South, we're gonna need every win we can get.

But believe it or not, I actually have MORE hope now than I did before. The offense is phenomenal. Give Luck time, he's the best QB in the league. Once we get our guys back on defense, (our 2 best defenders were out, and we lost two more starters. Even against the worst teams, that's tough to overcome).

We can beat Denver. Just gotta not be dumb

10 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Nearly 400 yards with 4 TDs...and no interceptions.

This defense makes even Andrew Luck irrelevant.  They are a greater liability than he is an asset.  Too much mediocrity for him to overcome. Any team we face will match or exceed Luck score for friggin score. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Look this loss sucked, and in a tougher AFC South, we're gonna need every win we can get.

But believe it or not, I actually have MORE hope now than I did before. The offense is phenomenal. Give Luck time, he's the best QB in the league. Once we get our guys back on defense, (our 2 best defenders were out, and we lost two more starters. Even against the worst teams, that's tough to overcome).

With that Denver defense im sure it will slow our offense down. I think I'm gonna start Trevor Simien next week in fantasy, he's gotta be good for what, 4 TD minimum with all the opportunities he will get? TOP 45 to 15?

7 minutes ago, snkdy said:

He really did an excellent job. It's unfortunate our defensive injuries were too much to overcome.

6 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Hooray for a positive post!!!!

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

How dare you guys be positive. Off with your heads!!!!

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

With that Denver defense im sure it will slow our offense down. I think I'm gonna start Trevor Simien next week in fantasy, he's gotta be good for what, 4 TD minimum with all the opportunities he will get? TOP 45 to 15?

Hopefully we get some guys on D back. And Luck has carved Denvers Defense before. Not saying we're GONNA win. But we got a shot

34 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Yeah, it's going to be brutal.  He helped put up 21 against a great Carolina D.  I'm thinking they're probably hit 30-35 points against a severely broken Colts D.  I just want to see a good game and Luck make it out alive.  I think that's the best case scenario lol.

He's going to have to continue to put up astronomical #s all year if they have any chance of going to the playoffs.  The D is decimated, then they go play a smash mouth team next week.  Hopefully no other injuries pop up.  

I was estatic with how he and the O as a whole looks they just need to stop spotting teams 20 point leads lol....  Kind of a little worried about the run game, but you really don't have much of an option to run down 20-3 at half .

43 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Luck did a fantastic job today. Utilized all the recievers and TDs, and made 0 mistakes. He looks back on track to dominate this year.

I agree. My favorite part of his game is that he usually has 4 or 5 bonehead/silly throws a game. He missed on some passes, but he didn't really have any head scratching throws. Even when he missed it was usually a good decision. 

24 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

He's going to have to continue to put up astronomical #s all year if they have any chance of going to the playoffs.  The D is decimated, then they go play a smash mouth team next week.  Hopefully no other injuries pop up.  

I was estatic with how he and the O as a whole looks they just need to stop spotting teams 20 point leads lol....  Kind of a little worried about the run game, but you really don't have much of an option to run down 20-3 at half .

Yeah the run blocking has to improve. I'm not sure why its so bad. At least the pass blocking has appeared to have improved. Luck had clean pockets most of the game.

13 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

It was 21 - 10 @ the half

Yes, we're well aware.    It was his first game back, and I agree that next week will be a tough game,  but all in all,  I liked what I saw from our Offense today.  

Our Defense definitely needs some work.   Just  Awful today.

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah the run blocking has to improve. I'm not sure why its so bad. At least the pass blocking has appeared to have improved. Luck had clean pockets most of the game.

Yeah besides for a young stud RB, maybe some more OL depth the Offense seems capable for years to come.  Hopefully we hit the D and hit it hard next draft.  

Does anyone have the stats on the line overall? how many times was luck hurried and hit ? He was sacked 2 times today (not bad) and he also had 4 plays of 20+ yards and 1 play of 40+ yards. He was phenomenal today and he looked every bit the part of a top QB. 

Our defense really let the team down. We really need to make a move to get a good high end defensive player who can help us get things done. I feel once our injured defensive players are back and we can add 1 superstar to defense that would make the difference.

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Does anyone have the stats on the line overall? how many times was luck hurried and hit ? He was sacked 2 times today (not bad) and he also had 4 plays of 20+ yards and 1 play of 40+ yards. He was phenomenal today and he looked every bit the part of a top QB. 

Our defense really let the team down. We really need to make a move to get a good high end defensive player who can help us get things done. I feel once our injured defensive players are back and we can add 1 superstar to defense that would make the difference.

I agree, I was wondering who allowed the 2 sacks? Luck did fantastic today. Offense was wonderful, and our receivers were all very good.