Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who Do You Want the Colts to take on Day 2? [Mega-merge]

Day 2 Wishlist  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see the Colts take on Day 2?

• Noah Spence
    • Reggie Ragland
    • Andrew Billings
    • Jihad Ward
    • Cody Whitehair
    • Mackensie Alexander
    • Derrick Henry
    • Other?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Cody Whitehair falls to us in the 2nd?   I would think Kelly and Whitehair paired with Castonzo and Mewhort would give us an awesome oline for years to come.

I would like to see the Colts get Su'a Cravens (perfect player for covering TEs) in the 3rd and Alex Collins at RB in the 4th.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would like to use our two second round picks on Day Two on Defense.

We have five serious defensive needs.    OLB, CB, DL, ILB, S.

Gotta believe we can address them in Rounds two and three.       (and also in R's 4 and 5 on Saturday!)

You listed every defensive position as a serious need.

CB, ILB and S are not serious needs.  CB & ILB our top 4 are set.  S our top 2 are set, but we could use depth after that.  OLB sure is a serious need though.  As is DL.  I think we need 2 OLB, a NT and a DE.

Fackrell is better than Correa imo. Just a more complete prospect. His only major downside is the medical having suffered ACL injury in '14, but he's totally a second rounder on the field to me. Could be a tough decision if he and Noah Spence were both on the board. Fackrell is better in coverage, better against the run, and cleaner in terms of off the field issues where as Noah Spence is a better pure pass rusher and has a better medical history.

Realistically I think the big defensive names people want will be gone by our pick.  The most likely players I think are Whitehair, Spriggs, Seamalo, Henry, Dixon, Thuney,   I am hoping it's a player who can start at RG and we fix the line once and for all.  My wild card surprise pick for the third round is the kicker from Florida State.  I know how wild it is but Adam is the oldest player in the league at 42.  The kicker is highly rated as a mid round pick and projected to be a future pro bowl kicker.  

13 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

You listed every defensive position as a serious need.

CB, ILB and S are not serious needs.  CB & ILB our top 4 are set.  S our top 2 are set, but we could use depth after that.  OLB sure is a serious need though.  As is DL.  I think we need 2 OLB, a NT and a DE.

Please explain how we are set at ILB ... I just don't it see a few guys coming of major injuries and old man rivers then a few camp bodies  / maybe bottom of roster just for depth because we have nobody better

11 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Would love Billings. Continue to build the trenches! Indy did it on offense round 1, now go get that stud NT to free up the front 7 on defense!

If Billings is gone, would love Spence, Austin Johnson, Myles Jack, Kamalei Correa, Mackensie Alexander, or Chris Jones.

Don't want Miles Jack he's injured right now. I want a guy who can go right away.

12 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Please explain how we are set at ILB ... I just don't it see a few guys coming of major injuries and old man rivers then a few camp bodies  / maybe bottom of roster just for depth because we have nobody better

You may not like the guys we have at ILB, but Jackson will start, we signed Irving who should be healthier this year, drafted Herrera who looked to have potential at least in a rotation, we traded our 6th this year for Sio Moore, again, potential and some experience, and we have Sylvestre, a highly recruited UDFA from last year....  we have depth if not pro-bowlers, so the better value relative to our current roster may be in other positions....

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

One of these 4 will be Colts pick in 2nd

Spence 

Calhoun 

Correa 

Fackrell 

Quite possible!  I'm going same position, different player and saying Ngakoue.  But I just like to be difficult (just ask my wife!).

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

I don't think they need to draft another OL in the high rounds. I think Thornton will be better in the new blocking scheme, and Reitz and Good can battle it out at RT. 

This team needs defensive playmakers! 

Not only that, but inserting Kelly as starting Center frees up Harrison and Holmes to provide interior depth.  I think Harrison could be an okay back-up LG and center.  That could mean that a mid-round, versatile guy could be all we need to round out our roster... 

14 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

You may not like the guys we have at ILB, but Jackson will start, we signed Irving who should be healthier this year, drafted Herrera who looked to have potential at least in a rotation, we traded our 6th this year for Sio Moore, again, potential and some experience, and we have Sylvestre, a highly recruited UDFA from last year....  we have depth if not pro-bowlers, so the better value relative to our current roster may be in other positions....

So having Jackson and Irving penciled in we have 2 thumpers who cant cover Irvings season ended on IR with 3 tackles 1 pass defense for the second year in a row . Moore who was a good player till a major injury was traded for a 6th because Oakland believed he would never be the same . Then we have some late rd pick udfa our ILB group is as sad as our OLB group if not in worse shape .

I don't want to reach for a pass rusher, and Kelly solidifies the offense.

I want the best defensive player available.  I don't think there will be a Day 1 starter available, so reliable depth anywhere on the D will help.  Maybe take a flier on Jaylon Smith in the 3rd to plan for the future.

4 hours ago, krunk said:

When did we pick up another 2nd round pick?

Clearly we don't have two second round picks.     My bad.  

I meant to write,  two DAY TWO picks.     In other words,  our 2nd and our 3rd.

Sorry.....   brain fart!!           :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I would say Noah Spence preferably or Ragland if he's gone.  

I'll agree with that, those two are bpa and they fit in the Colts system.   Also not sure what's up with everyone wanted a DT in this round(I know it hurt when Anderson got injured), we are okay at DT, really just need one for depth.  DE and outside linebacker are far more important.  Need a pass rush. 

If Billings is somehow still there by the time we pick I can see us picking him instead of a pass rusher. I think a pass rusher will be taken by Dallas. 

I'd be cool with Spence, Billings, Whitehair or Mackenzie Alexander unless some other awesome pass rusher besides Spence is still there. 

39 minutes ago, Corndog said:

I'll agree with that, those two are bpa and they fit in the Colts system.   Also not sure what's up with everyone wanted a DT in this round(I know it hurt when Anderson got injured), we are okay at DT, really just need one for depth.  DE and outside linebacker are far more important.  Need a pass rush. 

I think we are actually ok on DL for now.  But we certainly need pass rush (from an OLB) and we need safety.  To a lesser extent we need ILB too.  

Any way you look at it though there are plenty of needs to fill.  

I Realize we need Defense, however I really hope the Colts select Whitehair 48th overall... Line would definitely be solidified then and we can move on to better things. I also realize this might not be a popular choice among forum users/Colt fans

Oh well...

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think we are actually ok on DL for now.  But we certainly need pass rush (from an OLB) and we need safety.  To a lesser extent we need ILB too.  

Any way you look at it though there are plenty of needs to fill.  

I agree with that, plenty of needs on this team.  I agree on those needs being filled first.  An OT wouldn't hurt either.  

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

I don't think they need to draft another OL in the high rounds. I think Thornton will be better in the new blocking scheme, and Reitz and Good can battle it out at RT. 

This team needs defensive playmakers! 

I agree. Though I will say if Whitehair is there when the Colts pick in Round 2 that would be VERY tempting. This offense has lots of potential if the line can protect. Putting points on the board and maximizing the potential of this offense would actually go a long way to helping the defense this year.

This team really needs to continue to add young talent to the defense though and build up that side. That is the ideal thing to do.