Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IF we do anything else in Free Agency, who would you want?

It appears that we're not going to get too involved in FA, but if we were to sign one or two of FA's available, who would you want now?

Preferred:

Winiewski-C

Re-sign Freeman, ILB

Could help:

Robinson-CB

Upshaw-OLB

or (Maybe I'm being sentimental here) Freeney-OLB

I think this fills some pressing needs and still allows us to build through the draft.  

It could also be that they are comfortable with the personnel on the Oline in the ZBS.

Wisniewski on a two year deal and Hayward on a four is the best case scenario IMO. Thats only if we can't resign Freeman. If we can get Freeman back then Wisniewski and hopefully a cheap CB.

2 hours ago, GwinnettColt said:

It appears that we're not going to get too involved in FA, but if we were to sign one or two of FA's available, who would you want now?

Preferred:

Winiewski-C

Re-sign Freeman, ILB

Could help:

Robinson-CB

Upshaw-OLB

or (Maybe I'm being sentimental here) Freeney-OLB

I think this fills some pressing needs and still allows us to build through the draft.  

It could also be that they are comfortable with the personnel on the Oline in the ZBS.

That is scary. It's been so many years in a row now and they've done such a poor job addressing the O-line. 

I'd like a CB2, maybe Casey Hayward? He's still available right?

Let me tell you who I don't want, making the decisions. GRIGSON!  Now that his big FA signing was cut Andre the Giant, he will probably draft or sign a Wide Receiver and brag about it.  Truly a clueless GM who in a little over three years has made the Colts a mediocre, very old (oldest in the NFL) team with his ridiculous FA signings and really bad draft picks, with the exception of Luck & Hilton.  All these speculations about who we need and who is available are a waste of time and space.  Grigson will make the same ridiculous mistakes because he is clueless and has wasted cap money, and with no offensive line talent has put his only worthwhile draft choice in danger of having  less than the promising career we had hoped for.

theres still plenty of good FAs as mentioned above. do I expect us to go after any of them? maybe, but I think the colts are more focused on keeping luck then entertaining the idea of adding someone significant through FA.  

1 minute ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

Let me tell you who I don't want, making the decisions. GRIGSON!  Now that his big FA signing was cut Andre the Giant, he will probably draft or sign a Wide Receiver and brag about it.  Truly a clueless GM who in a little over three years has made the Colts a mediocre, very old (oldest in the NFL) team with his ridiculous FA signings and really bad draft picks, with the exception of Luck & Hilton.  All these speculations about who we need and who is available are a waste of time and space.  Grigson will make the same ridiculous mistakes because he is clueless and has wasted cap money, and with no offensive line talent has put his only worthwhile draft choice in danger of having  less than the promising career we had hoped for.

Fleener, Allen, Anderson, Parry, Geathers, Mewhort, Moncrief should all be added to that draft pick list. Add in Freeman to the list as he is an underrated MLB. He has whiffed in FA but he has found Langford, Adams, and Lowery. He tried to solidify the right side of the O-line with Thomas and Cherilus but they both had health issues. You don't build SB teams though FA and playing in the AFC South hasn't helped the build as we went 2-14 to 11-5 so we weren't getting premium picks. Good drafts and being very selective in FA and we should be in decent shape this year. All of the end of world talk on this forum gets old fast.

12 minutes ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

:facepalm: Bruhhhhhh... maybe you should just go be a fan of a diffrent team

Eric Weddle for safety

Casey Hayward for CB

Stefan Wiesniewski for Center

Re-sign Jerrell Freeman

Junior Gallette on a 1 year show me deal

All these moves should make us a real solid team along with hopefully good draft picks for depth. Hopefully the new coaching can keep players healthy (strength and conditioning), get OL combinations right (Joe Philbin), get Os off the fied (new DC) and not run stupid punt formations (HC). :)

1 hour ago, MTC said:

RB Alfred Morris

WR James Jones

OG Amini Silatolu

C Stefan Wisniewski

CB Casey Hayward

CB Jerraud Powers

CB Patrick Robinson

S Reggie Nelson

S David Burton

I like it.  We could go to Pass Rush in Round 1 and OL in Round 2 with your picks (or the other way around, depending on who is still there at pick 18).

3 hours ago, ar1888 said:

Casey Hayward CB

Stefan Wiesniewski C

Geoff Schwartz G/T

Terrance Knighton NT

Schwartz could be a cheap effective rental, but not sure he fits since the colts are going to more of a ZBS.

7 hours ago, Archer said:

A CB or Sfefan Wiesniewski.  If we're being this conservative with money, maybe Sterling Moore, CB, Bucs.

I like Moore still young maybe he breaks out. There is no way I give Heyward the kind of cash he's going to get he is best in the slot. Sign Moore or a vet draft a CB in the first three rounds to play outside. 

I really want Wiz I think it would be bad news not to sign at least 1 interior lineman. Looks like we might  get Upshaw just what we need an OLB who can't get to the QB. I'd rather take Jenkins in the draft 

i honestly wouldnt mind Aldon Smith, he will be very cheap, and before he screwed everything up the guy was a freakin monster. If he can clean up his act and return to the form he was in his good years in SF he could be a mega steal. With the state of our pass rush and how cheap he will be i think its worth a shot. but i honestly dont think Grigs plans on signing anybody

10 hours ago, MTC said:

RB Alfred Morris

WR James Jones

OG Amini Silatolu

C Stefan Wisniewski

CB Casey Hayward

CB Jerraud Powers

CB Patrick Robinson

S Reggie Nelson

S David Burton

Im really surprised how under the radar Alfred Morris is....not that I expect him to land on the Colts but he's not being mentioned by anyone

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

We need a vet C to lead the OL 

I could go either way about where to get the center, draft or FA.  However, I don't like the OGs remaining in FA and Wiz is the only remaining interior lineman I'd go after.  Honestly, I think we may be thinking about Denzelle Good as a possibility at RG and drafting a C (with no one coming in FA).