Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Colts sign QB Scott Tolzien

MarquisJ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice when some feel the need to cut someone down when they really don't know anything about them. You never really know how someone's going to be till they are given a chance. I don't know enough about him to pre determine he is a bum. I highly doubt that anyone of you do either.

1 hour ago, NBColtsFanatic said:

How is Freeman worse than this? One thing I don't like so far about this FA. 

That is what I was wondering.  If you're going to cut Freeman, at least bring in somebody you know will be better.  At least we somewhat knew who we had in Freeman.  Tolzein has 2 career starts 1 TD...

1 hour ago, ColtStronger said:

That is what I was wondering.  If you're going to cut Freeman, at least bring in somebody you know will be better.  At least we somewhat knew who we had in Freeman.  Tolzein has 2 career starts 1 TD...

Freeman has to be on the team to cut him right?
  We already have Sio Moore, Nate Irvin, Angel Herreara, Ed Jackson, Easy Obiora and the draft to replace him.

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

We already have Sio Moore, Nate Irvin, Angel Herreara, Ed Jackson, Easy Obiora and the draft to replace him.

It was about the QB Freeman, not about the linebacker.

Anyway, I thought Freeman was OK to keep as a backup. If Luck misses again more than 6 games it doesn't matter who the backup is anyway, 

17 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I was referring to Josh Freeman, but yes, Jerrell Freeman is a FA, and negotiations are not going well.  Seems like the Bears are favorites to land him!

Sio Moore is a great rotational player and awesome backup, but IDK if he is starter material.  Perhaps with a little working on!  Nate Irvin is old and injury prone.  Although he is talented, I don't know if he could be a starter just for the 2 previous reasons.  He probably wouldn't last very long...  Great rotational/ fill-in guy though!  DQ, looks like he is our only set in stone starter on the ILB position.  Herreara could be good with some development, but I don't he's good enough to make a big difference next year.  Not sure who Ed Jackson is.  I believe the LB Jackson we drafted last year was cut somewhere along the lines.  Also, not sure about Obiora.  I think we will draft a pass rusher LOLB round1, but we will still need another ILB, unless Sio is up to it.  In that case we still need reliable depth.

On 3/10/2016 at 5:59 PM, throwing BBZ said:

I liked what little I was able to see of Junior Sylvestre last pre-season. Would like to see if he can rebound from his IR Stint and develop into decent depth?