Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sam Bradford agent reportedly aiming for $25 million a year contract

bap1331

We need to get luck on a contract ASAP because if a qb who doesn't even make the playoffs and is inconsistent gets that money, luck definitely has to meet that demand. We need to set the market now for luck before someone else does for an underperforming qb...

Hmmm. That is bizarre to even think they have a chance to get that. Dang if Bradford's agent can even get him in the ball park of 25 million if I was an NFL player I gladly be firing my current agent and hiring Bradford's because he is doing something right. I think Bradford will be lucky to get around 10-12 maybe max 14 mil per year. He has nothing in his past besides flashes of potential, a long injury history, and a up and down year in Philly.

Remember when Sam Bradford was drafted, his contract was the largest in NFL history at the time, guaranteed somewhere around 75 to 85 million (I don't remember all of it, been some years) 

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the contract from his name alone, and his history. He might be a mediocre player but he's been hyped up for years now to be this big awesome quarterback, who's supposedly so close to becoming a future top passer. 

Didn't Frank Sinatra sing a song called "Fly Me To The Moon" back in his heyday? 

Sam Bradford's agent & his client must be living on the moon if they think they have a snowball's chance in hades of securing that deal. What is this creative accounting or something? Unbelievable & absurd if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Didn't Frank Sinatra sing a song called "Fly Me To The Moon" back in his heyday? 

Sam Bradford's agent & his client must be living on the moon if they think they have a snowball's chance in hades of securing that deal. What is this creative accounting or something? Unbelievable & absurd if you ask me.

Somehow I don't think Bradford's agent and the Eagles are on the same page.

40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Somehow I don't think Bradford's agent and the Eagles are on the same page.

True CC1. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall while Bradford's agent tries to justify a $25 million dollar deal as Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie bursts out laughing as he nearly chokes on his breakfast croissant & Starbucks coffee? :D

All Jeff has to say is this: Tell me, how many NFC Championship games has your client played in again in the NFL? [Nothing but silence & chirping cricket sounds in the background.]

In addition, there doesn't seem to be teams lining up around the block outside of the City of Brotherly Love to sign Sammy either. Mr. Glass [injury prone QB] isn't exactly a hot NFL commodity at the moment. 

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

True CC1. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall while Bradford's agent tries to justify a $25 million dollar deal as Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie bursts out laughing as he nearly chokes on his breakfast croissant & Starbucks coffee? :D

All Jeff has to say is this: Tell me, how many NFC Championship games has your client played in again in the NFL? [Nothing but silence & chirping cricket sounds in the background.]

In addition, there doesn't seem to be teams lining up around the block outside of the City of Brotherly Love to sign Sammy either. Mr. Glass [injury prone QB] isn't exactly a hot NFL commodity at the moment. 

Coming off the firing of Kelly I would think Lurie wouldn't invest that much in Kelly's QB he traded for? I could be wrong but somehow I don't think so.

18 hours ago, bap1331 said:

We need to get luck on a contract ASAP because if a qb who doesn't even make the playoffs and is inconsistent gets that money, luck definitely has to meet that demand. We need to set the market now for luck before someone else does for an underperforming qb...

Where was this reported, The Onion?

9 hours ago, Superman said:

Can I get a link though?

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/report-sam-bradford-asked-25-million-year

Sounds like it's not his current demand (maybe it still is). But he did ask for it earlier this past year. 

I wonder if he's lost himself money pricing himself too high. He might had a long term deal before the season had he been more reasonable at the least.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

:scoregood:An excellent observation Cyjn. I was thinking the exact same thing myself. 

Well The Onion is really good at making funny, outlandish statements, so it seemed like a good possibility.  I find the Onion really funny, they recently had a story about God being investigated by the NCAA for improper benefits/gifts to athletes.  If you enjoy The Onion and have not read that story, you should check it out.

4 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Well The Onion is really good at making funny, outlandish statements, so it seemed like a good possibility.  I find the Onion really funny, they recently had a story about God being investigated by the NCAA for improper benefits/gifts to athletes.  If you enjoy The Onion and have not read that story, you should check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation Cjn I will. I'm well versed with the comedic antics of the Onion, which used to be published in Madison, WI close to where I live geographically speaking. 

On 1/22/2016 at 4:10 PM, bap1331 said:

Sam Bradford is not going to get 25M APY from anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think that Elway might sign Sam Bradford to back up Brock Osweiler if Peyton retires? Just wondering what you think.

Can Sam Bradford run that Kubiak bootleg offense? He does have a quick release but that is about all he has going for him but definitely much quicker than Osweiler on the release timing.