Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck in 2016

CR91

I think he's going to elevate his game and rise to the occasion.  I'm feeling good about Moncrief ' s continued improvement and I suspect Dorsett will emerge as a bona-fide first round draft pick. So with TY and the rest of the crew, Luck definitely has weapons at his disposal. 

I also feel that Luck had gained perspective and a realization that he's going to have to adjust his style of play. He's doing the team no good on the sidelines.  He's got to stay healthy. 

Moreover, i feel the team around him is going to be improved. I think this season has provided a jolt to the team and is going to force Colt's brass to finally address deficiencies on the offensive line. 

Next year is going to be a huge glimpse into what we have in #12 and i think it's going to be a great thing. I honestly think we could be 2 years away from hoisting a Lombardi. With Manning and Brady getting older,  there's going to be no time like the present

He should've broke out big time this year. Really disappointing that he took a step back, and that our O-line is still such a work in progress.

Get a running game that actually scares the other teams and the passing efficiency will go up. If we make the right moves in terms of offseason acquisitions I'd look for a stat line that includes around 4500 yards 35+ tds and a career high completion percentage while keeping the picks down around 10 - 12 range. 

Currently, with Fleener, Allen, and Doyle the TE group is set, (given that we retain them). The receiving corps with T.Y., Moncrief, and Dorsett is set The RB corps (Gore, Boom, Varga, Robinson) is alright, although changes can be made. This may actually force Grigson to look at the O-line as a priority, which will help in both the run game and passing game, which in-turn will help Luck.

It's up to Luck to play smart, mistake free football -- and I am not sure that's in his DNA, as he has shown to be more of a risk taker so far.

I'm expecting him to take that next step forward next season. He should be entering his prime and I expect him to play lights out and be recognized around the league as a legitimate top 5 QB in the NFL. He'll have what I'm expecting to be a much improved offensive line. He'll have 3 really good WR's and at least 1 good TE. Not to mention our run game should be improved as well. He should be a better decision maker as he'll be a more experienced and a more mature QB so I'm expecting the stupid INT's to go way down. But as for his weapons, We know what TY can do he's just a beast, but Moncrief has just gotten better and better. Next year he should really take off and become the big, strong, fast, go up and get it type number 1 he has the ability to become. Then Dorsett man. That kid. The sky's the limit. Between Dorsett, Moncrief, and Hilton we might have the best receiving corps in the NFL. Then I think we bring Fleener back at TE.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I hope to see improvement especially in the bonehead interception dept. I hope he matures into an elite qb.

With the numbers Luck put up his first three years he is already an elite QB. A lot of factors played into his off season at the start and then the injury. You don't break virtually every record as he has and not be elite IMO.

We need to get better up front/O.Line and protect him. I fully expect him to play smarter and learn from this season. I fully expect him to start all 16 games as well and stay much healthier just playing smarter. I can see him playing similar to how he did in 2014 which I will take after this season. Something like 4500 Yards passing, 35 TD's, but will still probably throw 15 INT's or so. Luck had 16 INT's in 2014 and people called him a turnover  machine which to me for as much as he throws that isn't that bad. It's 1 a game on average and around half of those were like Punts/meaning deep balls. Peyton has had several seasons where he has thrown 16 or more as well and even has won MVP doing so.

1 hour ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

My first expectation is not luck related: protect the QB (namely A. Luck)!!!

Anyway I hope Luck gets back to his old self, and cuts down turnovers. I think Chud's system might be favorable for him, as we could see it vs. Denver. 

Except that we were still using Pep's playbook all of last season, Chud was just calling different plays than Pep would have.

I know what you mean though.

6 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

Except that we were still using Pep's playbook all of last season, Chud was just calling different plays than Pep would have.

I know what you mean though.

You're correct! Obviously there wasn't time for writing a whole new playbook.

If rumors are true (that Pep's playbooks are contending 'War and Peace' considering the size), there were some spare plays left for Chud.

4 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

More so than any year I've been a Colts fan, I expect Indianapolis to return with a vengeance next year.  Luck will lead the charge.

I almost feel bad for our Division foes.  Almost.

I think just having Luck back and staying healthy we are good for 11 wins again. Our Division has got better but only slightly. The Titans are still bad, Texans don't have a QB, and I am still not sold on Blake Bortles. Yeah Jacks smoked us 51-16 LOL but that was a fluke. Lets see Jacks put together 2 decent years in a row. Andrew had 3 straight solid seasons to start his career. We need to nail this Draft to make the next step though being getting back to the Final 4 and SB.

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

More so than any year I've been a Colts fan, I expect Indianapolis to return with a vengeance next year.  Luck will lead the charge.

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I agree whole heartedly. Twice, as a matter of fact. I expect this charge as well. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to Luck's return & Chudzinski's playbook for the entire offense. I think this marriage between the two will prove to be outstanding. However, our division foes are making a little bit of noise. But, I'm with you with the word "Almost"! :) 

5 hours ago, 12to13 said:

Honestly it all comes down to the oline. Can't have a great season when you have no time to throw.

Andrew, with the help of Chudzinski & our new QB coach, will focus on releasing the football much sooner no matter what type of OL time he ends up with. That's a need. A must. Holding onto the ball too long can be easily corrected. I fully expect that aspect of Luck's game management to change next year for the better. 

I think better than when he was in this year.  I look at it like this, they will likely upgrade the OL and give him a little more time to throw, making him nearly lethal.  Even if they don't, he was already showing signs of adjusting in that Denver game and I think that would continue.  The Colts will only go as far as Luck takes them and I think next season that could be pretty deep.  I don't know about Superbowl but I think another appearance in the AFC Championship is not out of the question.

8 hours ago, ColtRider said:

Andrew, with the help of Chudzinski & our new QB coach, will focus on releasing the football much sooner no matter what type of OL time he ends up with. That's a need. A must. Holding onto the ball too long can be easily corrected. I fully expect that aspect of Luck's game management to change next year for the better. 

For the life of me I don't understand why we can't see the first half of the NE game this past year/ the entire Denver game from him more often. He was getting the ball out quick and was making smart decisions. We know he has it in him he just needs to be much more consistent.