Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck's Last Game.....

NewColtsFan

This Sunday....    I see the Colts winning in a very low scoring game.    Maybe 13-10.

I really hope the Colts send Pagano out with a win in his last game.     While I'm not predicting it, I would not be surprised to see a victorious team carry Pagano off the field.   (Maybe I've just seen Rudy too many times?!)    But I hope that happens.

Either way,  I'm confident if the Colts win, the team will give Chuck the Game Ball in the locker-room.   That would please me greatly!     He may not be a great coach,  but he's a really good man.   I'm glad he was our coach these last 4-years, and I hope he lands on his feet with another team.     Call me a fan of his,  I like him.

Hopefully better days ahead for everyone!   Pagano, and the Colts!      :thmup:

A coach with Chuck's record and is well liked wont have any problem finding a new coaching position. It wouldn't surprise me for him to be one of the first to be hired if he is fired. A lot in here think a new coach will be the answer to the Colts problems. Not even close. Sad thing is the Colts over achieved for 3 years and when reality set in, heads must roll to make some feel good. I have been saying it all along, be careful of what you wish for. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Colts went even farther down before rising back. IMO the Colts problems have not been made worse by Chuck.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

This Sunday....    I see the Colts winning in a very low scoring game.    Maybe 13-10.

I really hope the Colts send Pagano out with a win in his last game.     While I'm not predicting it, I would not be surprised to see a victorious team carry Pagano off the field.   (Maybe I've just seen Rudy too many times?!)    But I hope that happens.

Either way,  I'm confident if the Colts win, the team will give Chuck the Game Ball in the locker-room.   That would please me greatly!     He may not be a great coach,  but he's a really good man.   I'm glad he was our coach these last 4-years, and I hope he lands on his feet with another team.     Call me a fan of his,  I like him.

Players are too self centered to do something like that 

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

I'm thinking his sarcasm wasn't thick enough to be obvious. 

But, I could be wrong. 

I thought that, but he's made many a similar comment seriously before...He or she can obviously clear it up and I will apologize.  If he's serious, we have a philosphical difference.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

100% on this. Wish I lived in Indy so I could of met him. I think he's an average coach, but I'll miss him when he's gone.

I hope that we get the W Sunday for a few reasons.

It would be a nice way to send Chuck out the door (hopefully Grigs is kickin rocks right behind Pags).

The Colts can hit 8-8 (which even though this is considered a losing season by most) it won't technically be a losing season.

I hate leaving LOS after a loss.  Colts win and traffic is much better going home.

No matter what it's always good to finish your season with a W.

And lastly I could care less if we pick at 12 or 20 in the next draft, I just don't wanna lose to the Titans (the worst team in the NFL) regardless of who our QB is.  

On 1/1/2016 at 11:43 PM, crazycolt1 said:

A coach with Chuck's record and is well liked wont have any problem finding a new coaching position. It wouldn't surprise me for him to be one of the first to be hired if he is fired. A lot in here think a new coach will be the answer to the Colts problems. Not even close. Sad thing is the Colts over achieved for 3 years and when reality set in, heads must roll to make some feel good. I have been saying it all along, be careful of what you wish for. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Colts went even farther down before rising back. IMO the Colts problems have not been made worse by Chuck.

This is exactly how I'm feeling too. 

I love Chuck and a person and as a man. He's a great person. Seems like the front office went to crap. Not sure who that is on...although rumors point to Grigs. Combine that with all the injuries and chuck didn't really have a chance. 

Irsay needs to get things back under control. Let coaches coach and let gm's be gm's. 

On 1/1/2016 at 10:37 PM, NewColtsFan said:

You are on a roll lately, my friend. 

I agree with this 100%  and I think the Players very much like and respect the "man".

17 minutes ago, Ryan Pelley said:

Well shinche itsh hish lasht game, I hope theshe boysh play with grit. Hope they show heart. Hope they keep chopping wood. Poker chipsh. Win their boxesh.

haha

I tried to say that out loud...and those first few words are hilarious....and not that easy to say.

On 1/1/2016 at 7:37 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Agree with you, but I think he is a good coach!

Tried the last month to sell tickets for tomorrows game - no one is interested in the Colts.  :(

Guess we will have to drag ourselves to one more home game and help show these losers the door!

IMO Philly will grab up Chuck the second we let him go ... just with we would fire Grigson too!

Further IMO this team has so many issues - next season is going to be the same thing if we dont make serious changes this offseason!

On January 1, 2016 at 0:43 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

100% on this. Wish I lived in Indy so I could of met him. I think he's an average coach, but I'll miss him when he's gone.

I don't live in Indy but I had the chance to meet him at the practice facility.  He's exactly like you'd expect, a great guy who'll talk to you like he knew you forever.  BTW, Chud was also a really cool down to earth guy.  

I understand that doesn't mean they're great coaches, but they're certainly both great human beings.  

It's amazing that so many fans are now crying in their Chuck towel. The guy was an average coach at best, and not exactly Vince Lombardi as many fans seem to think. Please no more dull wooden solders; Dingy, Caldwell, Chuck. We need a kick a coach to toughen up the softies. 

Chuck is like the mother who takes care of all of her kids and raises the kids as a single parent.  Makes mistakes here and there, but overall does a good job and keep things together.  Grigson is the drunk ex who sits back and throw obstacles in the way while covering up his own bum.

I like Chuck.  If he is fired, I will always wonder how he would have done with Chud as OC the whole time and not being limited by Grigson.  If he had a prime Bill Polian getting talent, imagine what he could do.  I think he will come back to haunt us because he will be a very good coach on another team and probably take Chud with him.

I think some of the football knowledge challenged people on here miss the point of how much talent makes on a team.  Bruce Arians is doing a great job with Arizona.  But look at the talent on that team.  Look what Steve Keim has brought in since Arians has been there.  Does the team having a glaring weakness?  Even the free agents they sign do well, unlike Grigson.  We don't know Paganos true coaching level since Pep has been the OC most of the time and Grigson is picking players, and not always that well.

I think colts fans will regret getting rid of Pagano.  Always remember,,,,,,,, things can always get worse.....  Look at the Titans, Jags, Browns, etc.....once you get on the fire a coach every year or every other,,,  things can go from bad to worse, quick..... Jus sayin.......

As a first time head coach that dealt with more adversity than some of us, I commend Chuck Pagano. He's taken the high road this season. Is he partly the blame? Yes, because he's the coach, but if you (Grigson) dont allow him to be the head coach, what did you expect from him really?...To be the spokesman for the team, to say all the right things. The facts have to be made clear. We all as fans have been fed a number of stories that just don't add up, or makes perfect sense. I for one dont want to see Chuck leave/fired. He's a players coach, respected coach, liked coach, winning coach and more importantly a coach that deserves the true opportunity to do what he was hired to do. Irsay....do the right thing. 

Even with the issues ive had with him as a coach, now that it's time to say farewell, I can say that im going to miss him as a person.  His hearts in the right place, and I hope he gets another oppurtunity where can actually coach without all the dysfunction we had last few years.