Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

upset that we didn't get anyone

tweezy32

We can't trade away draft picks for next year. We may end up having decent picks with how bad the season has been. And we need to build through the draft. Unless someone was willing to give up a good player for a 5th or 6th, no thanks on trades.

We will be at least in 20's for draft choice. Not that decent, depending how we do in playoffs. Could upset someone and even get worse draft spot

We will be at least in 20's for draft choice. Not that decent, depending how we do in playoffs. Could upset someone and even get worse draft spot

Who said we are making the playoffs? Still a long way to go, and we are 3-5 tied for the division lead. Right now, it's anyone's game.

or we may not win the divison.  i dont see how anyone thinks that is a given at this point

We can't trade away draft picks for next year. We may end up having decent picks with how bad the season has been. And we need to build through the draft. Unless someone was willing to give up a good player for a 5th or 6th, no thanks on trades.

if we don't get a high pick taken from us due to not disclosing the luck rib injuries.

Broncos tried to get Joe Thomas for a first round pick, Browns wanted more and the Broncos nixed it.

Patriots tried to get Jason McCourty to team him up with his brother Devin McCourty but the Titans wanted too much and the Patriots nixed it.

You need both parties to be willing to have something reasonable on the table. 

Broncos tried to get Joe Thomas for a first round pick, Browns wanted more and the Broncos nixed it.

Patriots tried to get Jason McCourty to team him up with his brother Devin McCourty but the Titans wanted too much and the Patriots nixed it.

You need both parties to be willing to have something reasonable on the table. 

Yeah and I am not fan of giving up Draft picks. We need them all to bring in young O.Lineman and Pass Rushers

Maybe irsay took grigs ability to make trades away. If he is going to be fired at seasons end, don't let him make moves for the future

I was kind of thinking that, couple that with his boy Pep losing his job, Grigson could very well be on the hot seat.  Maybe the Colts didn't get a deal they liked, but you would think a struggling team that still has a good shot at the playoffs would be pretty aggressive. 

Grigson still has one year left on his contract I think. (option year?)  We don't know what Irsay is going to do but no matter we need all of the draft picks. No matter if it's Grigson or whoever. Free agents that make an impact is more of a gamble than draft picks. Money is one reason but a lot of free agents are free because of a reason. It could be money, past their prime or not team players. It seems free agents are just expensive quick fix band aids. We don't need anymore of those IMO.

No need to trade for anyone if we aren't a contender. 

I tend to agree. Also I don't see any player who we could have traded for that was going to make us that much better. We have talent, we just need it coached. Pep being fired could be the first of many changes that could take place between now and off season.

All we have to do is get in the Playoffs than everyone is at 0-0. That's my approach now attitude wise.

Yeah, gotta win the division first. If the Colts can manage to improve somehow they should beat some non divisional opponents and hopefully continue the age lasting trend of winning the divisional games. The Titans are most likely a crap shoot, Texans play a difficult schedule Jets, Bengals, Patriots, Saints and Bills not neccesarily in that order. Jags have the easiest remaining schedule and could be the biggest threat. I'd still think the Colts could finish w 8 wins and that should be enough to do it.

I'd be fine with them possibly playing the Raiders, lol. They're good for a crap out early exit. Colts have to improve first and foremost. This Sunday probably won't be very pretty though.

In the end, one step @ a time. The seasons getting shorter rather quickly though.

Yeah, gotta win the division first. If the Colts can manage to improve somehow they should beat some non divisional opponents and hopefully continue the age lasting trend of winning the divisional games. The Titans are most likely a crap shoot, Texans play a difficult schedule Jets, Bengals, Patriots, Saints and Bills not neccesarily in that order. Jags have the easiest remaining schedule and could be the biggest threat. I'd still think the Colts could finish w 8 wins and that should be enough to do it.

I'd be fine with them possibly playing the Raiders, lol. They're good for a crap out early exit. Colts have to improve first and foremost. This Sunday probably won't be very pretty though.

In the end, one step @ a time. The seasons getting shorter rather quickly though.

Yep. If we play a team like the Raiders in the first Round they have almost no chance here if Andrew is on his game. Raiders are having a nice season though. I like Carr. Trust me other fan bases are laughing at us right now but if we get in the Playoffs they don't want to see us, not even the Pats do.

I was hoping to see who the colts would get. I was hoping it would be an elite olineman.I'm upset that we didn't get anyone.

Anyone else disappointed that we didn't get anyone?

Not in the slightest. Those elite lineman were going to cost way too much: just ask the Broncos.