Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Kirwan is calling you out.

Narcosys

Listening to NFL radio now and the first thing I hear is Pat Kirwan calling out Colts fans. He initially says Colts fans are hitting the panic button way to early and, quite frankly, being pretty immature.

Talking about how blessed we've been with manning and now luck. The rest of the country, especially browns and raiders fans are laughing at us if we are panicking this quickly. Colts fans use to not panic so easily, even last year, so why now?

Says that the media hype, especially in indy, have blown this team way or of proportion and fed the fans into this frenzy. Now that we aren't steamrolling every team, all of a sudden the world is ending.

Way to go everyone.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to NFL radio now and the first thing I hear is Pat Kirwan calling out Colts fans. He initially says Colts fans are hitting the panic button way to early and, quite frankly, being pretty immature.

Talking about how blessed we've been with manning and now luck. The rest of the country, especially browns and raiders fans are laughing at us if we are panicking this quickly. Colts fans use to not panic so easily, even last year, so why now?

Says that the media hype, especially in indy, have blown this team way or of proportion and fed the fans into this frenzy. Now that we aren't steamrolling every team, all of a sudden the world is ending.

Way to go everyone.

Being shutout in the first half back to back games means nothing? We're supposed to be calm about that?

Cool, didn't know that

Way to go everyone.

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Dwayne-Allen-on-0-2-Start-Way-Higher-Standards/d60bc7f5-4a52-4813-9e55-b47cad95dbb6

Dwayne Allen even admits that this 0-2 is different than last years 0-2, to me that is pretty telling, and as far as the panic button goes, only sure way to stop that is to just win baby!

That Steelers game and the Patriots games have been worse IMO.

At least our injured defense had a spine.

I really put the Pats in their own column, issues with them are well known. Steelers game is debatable, the defense was awful but the offense kept us in it until late, iirc.

Either way, my point stands.

Jesus. Look at our start and tell me you're okay with it. You probably can't, just like the rest of us. No ones panicking, we're just sick and tired of the same old % taking place without any signs of being fixed. It takes a special kind of special to look at our first 2 offensive performances and think "wow I'm OK with this, and anyone who disagrees with me is hitting the panicked button" and the same goes for the pass rush. Also we played 2 mediocre teams as well. The great defense excuse does not fly since we're supposed to be the best offense and a "contender". Contenders win nonsense games such as these, they win against great teams too. You know what we are? A mediocre team as of now.

Way to go everyone.

Everything he's saying is 100% true.

I really put the Pats in their own column, issues with them are well known. Steelers game is debatable, the defense was awful but the offense kept us in it until late, iirc.

Either way, my point stands.

The defense performed worse in that game than how the offense is performing right now IMO.

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing to see fans leave the stadium so early. 

I feel like that has been telling of the fan base over the years though. There is always a bunch of terrible towels in the stadium every time we play the Steelers, and there are always a lot of the opposing teams jersey's in the stands of LOS. I'm not ripping any fans on here, because if you take time to post on a forum you're clearly a dedicated fan. The majority of Colts fans are pretty fair weather though.

Jesus. Look at our start and tell me you're okay with it. You probably can't, just like the rest of us. No ones panicking, we're just sick and tired of the same old % taking place without any signs of being fixed. It takes a special kind of special to look at our first 2 offensive performances and think "wow I'm OK with this, and anyone who disagrees with me is hitting the panicked button" and the same goes for the pass rush. Also we played 2 mediocre teams as well. The great defense excuse does not fly since we're supposed to be the best offense and a "contender". Contenders win nonsense games such as these, they win against great teams too. You know what we are? A mediocre team as of now.

You can't honestly tell me you thought they'd start off 2-0. And to call those 2 teams mediocre is insulting to them, neither of those teams, outside of the QB position, are even close to mediocre/nonsense games.

You can't honestly tell me you thought they'd start off 2-0. And to call those 2 teams mediocre is insulting to them, neither of those teams, outside of the QB position, are even close to mediocre/nonsense games.

I actually thought we would be 2-0 but losing to the Bills and Jets isn't a shame. They both are Good. Colts have been Very Good though for 3 years but apparently not Great yet. 2 games we should still win.

Yes I honestly can tell you that. We've played the jets before under Rex Ryan and lost. I truly expected our team, with superbowl aspirations, to come out and beat the Bills/Jets. It's not insulting to call them mediocre. They're handicapped by non existent qbs; this kills football teams . Look at how Tom Brady pushed the bills crap in and made their defense look mediocre. I'm sorry that I expected our team to be at least near the patriots level, you know because we got manhandled by them 3 games in a row embarrassingly. I guess I have higher expectations for my football team?

I feel like that has been telling of the fan base over the years though. There is always a bunch of terrible towels in the stadium every time we play the Steelers, and there are always a lot of the opposing teams jersey's in the stands of LOS. I'm not ripping any fans on here, because if you take time to post on a forum you're clearly a dedicated fan. The majority of Colts fans are pretty fair weather though.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Watching that game last night, if I didn't know any better, I would've thought it was a preseason matchup. Seeing large sections of field level seats empty during the 1st half of a MNF game is unacceptable to me. No energy, no enthusiasm for the team to feed off of, just sitting down and watching the game like it's a picnic. You won't see that at any other NFL stadium, anywhere, especially a MNF game.

I'm not suggesting berating opposing team fans and knifing people outside the stadium after the game, but Lucas Oil is not a daunting atmosphere for opposing teams, at all. At a Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Oakland, Denver, or even a Cincinnati game, those crowds are so loud that the TV cameras shake.

The defense performed worse in that game than how the offense is performing right now IMO.

I disagree. That was one game where Ben Roethlisberger had the game of his life, as bad as the defense looked, Big Ben was even better. Look at the game before that Steelers game, shut out the Bengals. Game after, hung 40 on Giants who scored some garbage time points but defense played well. The Colts followed up an atrocious offensive performance with an even worse one. Plus, this team is built around the offense. No offense = no win.

I disagree. That was one game where Ben Roethlisberger had the game of his life, as bad as the defense looked, Big Ben was even better. Look at the game before that Steelers game, shut out the Bengals. Game after, hung 40 on Giants who scored some garbage time points. The Colts followed up an atrocious offensive performance with an even worse one. Plus, this team is built around the offense. No offense = no win.

We had absolutely zero pass rush.

Most QB's will tear you apart.

He's 100% correct.

Yal are 100% incorrect.

We've seen this trend the first few years of Andrew Luck & Chuck Pagano's tenure. We were shut out of the endzone during the first half of the last two games. We've look absolutely pathetic over 10 times in the last 3 years and 2 weeks... That is about 20% of the games we play in, we look embarrassing. Whether it's getting blown out, or being held out of the endzone so long while digging such a vast hole for our offense that we look like a JV squad out there.

If you believe the OP you are in denial about the state of our team. We are way over-rated and I really hope this team finishes 2nd or worse in the AFC south, so that we can get the wake up call we need. Hopefully we can get a group of coaches in here that know what the heck they're doing. 

Yes I honestly can tell you that. We've played the jets before under Rex Ryan and lost. I truly expected our team, with superbowl aspirations, to come out and beat the Bills/Jets. It's not insulting to call them mediocre. They're handicapped by non existent qbs; this kills football teams . Look at how Tom Brady pushed the bills crap in and made their defense look mediocre. I'm sorry that I expected our team to be at least near the patriots level, you know because we got manhandled by them 3 games in a row embarrassingly. I guess I have higher expectations for my football team?

Doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like you're jumping ship after 2 games because the offense isn't putting up the gaudy numbers right out of the gate that you'd envisioned. You don't know what's gonna happen, they could win the next 3 in a row, and legitimately have their act together by the time New England gets to town.

Doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like you're jumping ship after 2 games because the offense isn't putting up the gaudy numbers right out of the gate that you'd envisioned. You don't know what's gonna happen, they could win the next 3 in a row, and legitimately have their act together by the time New England gets to town.

Is "gaudy numbers" defined as scoring more than 0 points in the first half of a game? Or being ranked higher than dead last offensively? If that's the case, I'm disappointed that they're not putting up "gaudy numbers".

Seriously, how the hell can you claim that people who expected more out of the offense than this expected "gaudy" numbers? Give me a break.

I donʻt care if they are losing...itʻs how they are losing...how are we going to beat anybody in the playoffs...IF we get there

I sure hope so...Chuck look more worried and agitated after these 2 losses than last year...I mean he threw Luck and Grigs under the bus...oh well on to titans and beyond GO COLTS!

I sure hope so...Chuck look more worried and agitated after these 2 losses than last year...I mean he threw Luck and Grigs under the bus...oh well on to titans and beyond GO COLTS!

Chuck Pagano did NOT throw Andrew Luck under the bus!  

I think if you ever read something from Pagano and your initial reaction is "Wow!   Pagano just threw Luck under the bus!"   Then you need to stop and re-think your position.

It has never happened and will never happen.    Period, end of story.

It's a complete misread. 

There is a less than zero chance Pagano throws Luck under the bus.

Now....   throwing Grigson under the bus is another story...................

I really like and respect Pat Kirwan, but I think that's a bad thing to say on his part.  There's nothing wrong with having high expectations and expecting to win.  We had Super Bowl aspirations coming into this season and couldn't beat 2 AFC opponents.  If you want to be the best, you can't have bad performances.  The Colts have had back-to-back bad performances and have nothing promising to show.  People say we started 0-2 last year and still made the AFCCG, but we were actually competitive in those games whereas we got overwhelmed and dominated in these two games.