Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex Players already starting on Seahawks / Colts playoff picture

ColtsBlueFL

3 of 5 ex players believe Colts headed to non playoff status for 2015. Of course,soft D and O lines, bad overall, and Luck making bad decisions formed their opinions.

I'm not worried yet. But if going into week 4 we are 0 - 3, I'll likely join them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000530951/article/seahawks-colts-among-2014-playoff-teams-that-should-be-worried

I have to see how we perform against the Jets first. I still say 10-6 is the floor. I have a feeling the NFC South opponents may be tougher than we think. Bucs should be a breeze but if we go 0-3 against the rest of the NFC South and drop to the Steelers and Pats, we could slip to 9-7 if we can't sweep the division.

You know predictions like this always have to come out of the mouth of an ex Patriot each and every time you hear it.  Evans and Mcguinest are so full of bias you can only laugh when you hear what they have to say regarding the Colts. 

Full of a lot more than bias.......need this for their stuff

depositphotos_13949919-Cartoon-Dog-Poope

Guys that did not even watch the whole game(Or probably many full games at all), Watched some highlights yes Got some info that they were fed to through a mic and regurgitated it out on tv, I value commentators and such opinions when they actually break footage down...Which Miller and McGinest can obviously do being former football players.... but they are just being fed info and some highlights

Same thing happened last year after the 0-2 start.  Tons of analysts also bashed the Pats after they lost by 30 to the Chiefs.  It's one game and it was a bad match up for the Colts.  Do they need to correct things?  Yes but I think they will be fine.  Also, did the Texans or Jags look much better?  The Titans won but they played a bad team. 

You know predictions like this always have to come out of the mouth of an ex Patriot each and every time you hear it.  Evans and Mcguinest are so full of bias you can only laugh when you hear what they have to say regarding the Colts. 

I'm certain they both post on this forum.

And under multiple names.

Lets see

The Colts DL is completely different from last year.... and actually played better than any line combination from last year.

(They will only get better as they work together in game situations)

The OL is different from last year. They werent awesome, but unless I am mistaken, Luck was hit LESS than any

individual game last year. This was agianst a top 3 DL.

The WRs have changed. Its common knowledge that we impoved the total WR corps. On the number one passing team last year.

In total, we had half of the DBs not in normal spots, due to injury and new FA and Geathers learning his spot

We finally have a "revis like" CB, that can shut down the other teams best WR

(We should only get better as health improves and they learn to work together in game situations) 

Luck had one of his worst games as a pro, if not the worst.  He was inconsistent, and he was not on target

He has shown numerous times that after a bad game, he comes back with a solid game.

Does anyone really believe that he will be this bad the rest of this season???

(As the new WRs sync up with Luck, and he SHOULD improve from a disaster, we should get better)

I believe our Kicker and punter are both upper echelon.

I do worry about our return game....... JUST LEAVE VARGA out there...... tell them to NOT field the punt when they are on the friken 5 yard line.........

I do worry that we have inferior ILBs right now........  I want to like the ILBs, but I think that they just dont fit the bill

The positive here, is that I believe that we have the starters in reserve, that will at LEAST play as well as what we 

have today.  Probably improve!

I do worry that we couldnt generate any pass rush. This is unnerving, we need Mathis in a big way. Other than Mathis coming back, I dont see the improvement year to year.  Cole needs to step it up.

So... to me.... the worries are ILB and pass rush... the starters to be are already on the team as subs for the ILB spots........ the one place I dont believe that we have fully addressed (or have a future answer for) is pass rush

Yep...... I think we will miss the playoffs..... NOT!

Not to be arrogant, but my opinion matters as much as those guys, which is not a whole lot!  TBH I'm not terribly concerned about the OL.  What I'm worried about is the LB's who can't seem to cover or make tackles.

The OL can be fixed.  If teams bring the house or always blitz, Andrew needs to do quick outs.  Trust me, the speed at the WR position will make them pay.  The OL just can't let anyone threw untouched.   Or do bubble screens to Gore/other RB's.  These are simple solutions that Pagano and the offense needs to prepare for, and that wont be much of a problem.

On the other hand I am worried about the DQ and Freeman.  I'm not saying it's doom and gloom time, but they haven't been great, even last year!  I've said this for several years, we need a tough guy ILB who "doesn't take nothing from nobody", and isn't afraid to call out weak links on the defense.  Also somebody who brings a voice, and veteran leadership.  I think Langford and Mathis are the only ones that are able to do that now!

Overall, if ANYBODY thinks the Colts aren't making the playoffs, they need to put down the pipe, because they don't have a clear mind.  I will be like a few lunatics on here and call for the removal of Pagano/Grigson immediately if they don't, because although they are in a weak division, which has improved they haven't lost a game within it for several seasons.  Call me blind but I don't see them missing the playoffs this year either :)

At this point in the AFC, I would pick the Steelers, Ravens and Denver not to make the playoffs if we are just basing on week 1. But we all know that is foolish but the talking heads need to talk so ...

Everyone talks to talk.  I'd have to agree with you about the Ravens for sure, them or Denver neither one even scored an offensive TD.  I hope it's not a stupid move on my part to take Oakland to lose this week against Baltimore.  Also, are the Pats a lock to beat the Jags at home next week? haha  I am taking the Jags to lose for sure week 3

At this point in the AFC, I would pick the Steelers, Ravens and Denver not to make the playoffs if we are just basing on week 1. But we all know that is foolish but the talking heads need to talk so ...

What's your prediction for Pats @ Bills? You guys have 3 rookie offensive linemen starting right now, and Buffalo WILL send the farm at those young guys. I know BB is good at coaching up his linemen, but are you concerned about that at all?

You know predictions like this always have to come out of the mouth of an ex Patriot each and every time you hear it. Evans and Mcguinest are so full of bias you can only laugh when you hear what they have to say regarding the Colts.

Why is there always bias commentators? Shouldn't we be hiring people who don't give a crap about any team? And teach them the game of football? No. Then they would be talking about real football news and not what "they think" is going to happen. But this would be a perfect world then.

We do have the same issues from last year and the year before. We still managed to get to the AFC Championship Game. I keep seeing people on the ESPN and NFL.com comment section calling the Colts overrated. I'm like, if you're not a Patriots fan, shaddup. And the offensive line wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. They held up way better than I expected.

What's your prediction for Pats @ Bills? You guys have 3 rookie offensive linemen starting right now, and Buffalo WILL send the farm at those young guys. I know BB is good at coaching up his linemen, but are you concerned about that at all?

I feel good about the Oline after how they performed vs the Steelers. Josh Kline had a great game along with the rookies. Nate Solder needs to pick up his game though. I thought Brady did a great job of getting the ball out of his hands fast which helped everyone. I believe the Bills LBs can be exposed by both Edelman and Gronk. Blount is also back for this game which should give the run game some power.

I am very worried about the Dline. It was not good at all vs the Steelers and that was without Bell. I do fear the Bills will have their way on the ground and I have to hope Butler can do a good job on Watkins. Vontae completely took him out but Taylor still hit Harvin so there is him to worry about too.

I expect a high scoring game but in the end I think the Pat offense will have its way. I predict 31-24. Although given how much Rex has historically frustrated Brady, this could be another 17-16 game like last year vs the Jets.

I cant believe Heath and Mcginist still have jobs on NFL network, basically to them the Pats are god and do everything right, every other team is inferior, and the Colts are bottom of the bucket...and hey Heath lay off the roids, blow or whatever it is, nobody gets that jacked up with veins sticking out of there head for a news segment

I don't know how anyone can actually start talking about the playoffs before even a quarter of the season is played. Even after just 4 games that isn't much to make a judgement. Until after week 4 its just a bunch of noise. We've seen the Ravens, Giants, Seattle come on strong late in the season and make it or become SB champs so its WAY to early to make these predictions. I think its easy to see what some teams warts are though....but that doesn't mean those can't be fixed so while I do have concerns about our Colts and I would have some about the Ravens without Suggs and with Denver and their new offensive line I could have said similar things about NE last year after the KC game when people wanted to say Brady might be benched etc....its just noise right now...and we've got to get our heads on straight and play with some attitude next week.