Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive/injured RB Vick Ballard (Mega Merge)

cjwhiskers

Per @RapSheet, the #Colts waived-injured running back Vick Ballard. Guess he wasn't getting healthy fast enough. Too bad.

— Josh Wilson (@JoshWilsonSB)

September 15, 2015

Per @RapSheet, the #Colts waived-injured running back Vick Ballard. Guess he wasn't getting healthy fast enough. Too bad.

I do feel bad for Vick from the perspective of he worked hard to be a valuable contributor to this club. Sorry man. However, I'm glad that Grigs isn't too emotionally attached to players either. No Bob Sanders syndrome. If health is a lingering problem, cut them loose, & don't get bogged down with potential, expectations, & brief flashes of brilliance. 

When it's time to move on, just do it. It had to be done even I know that. 

Ahmad Bradshaw rumor mill warming up

Stephen Holder

Stephen Holder – Verified account ‏@HolderStephen

With Vick Ballard waived, here's a running back to keep in mind: Ahmad Bradshaw. He's healthy acc to source and Colts have some interest

3:18 PM - 15 Sep 2015

Well, they have this up at RotoWorld:

'The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts have "some interest" in free agent Ahmad Bradshaw.

Bradshaw's one-game suspension is up, and he's reportedly 100 percent healthy after breaking his leg last November. The Colts have wildly little depth behind aging starter Frank Gore, and Bradshaw was highly effective before going down last season. A reunion would make a lot of sense.'

Bradshaw is probably good for only 8 games...but might be worth having in the rotation.

I would have no problem picking up Bradshaw, that man is the appitamy of what a running back should be.

He's the "epitome" too. :P

On a non-spelling related note, I'm with you on that one.  Bradshaw is a great fit in the Colts' offense.  He is a weapon catching the ball out of the backfield and he runs hard north/south. 

Can he go to the practice squad? 

Nvm, this was a dumb question. 

I'm not sure whether he's PS eligible. Those rules are pretty complicated anymore.

But we couldn't put him on our PS from IR or waive-injure status regardless. If he's PS eligible, he wouldn't be able to sign with our PS until six weeks after the length of the injury settlement. 

I'm really surprised he's not a Cardinal. I guess with Ellington inactive for a bit, they don't have the roster space either.