Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carter Is Gone.

Indyfan4life

And Carter is SLOW, and plays like he's SMALL, and doesn't get "desperation". He also runs poor routes, wrong routes, has mediocre hands, and plays soft. Also, imo, your last sentence is just dumb and completely unfounded.

Griff Whalen isn't a world beater but he's a good special teamer and can be a reliable receiver if necessary. Duron Carter can't play special teams and isn't close to reliable.

Best post of this thread.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim Jennings, Jerry Hughes there two

You have a very vaugue definition of Superstar then.  Jennings had a couple of nice seasons in Chicago and a few solid seasons but nothing really approaching Superstar.  Hughes could become one but he's not there yet.  Far cry from a history of letting players go and then they become superstars somewhere else.

Tim Jennings, Jerry Hughes there two

Oh, no, that stuff again. In Indianapolis Jerry has played alongside Antonio Johnson, Fili Moala, Ricardo Mathews, Clifton Geathers, Lawrence Guy. In Buffalo Jerry plays alongside Marcell Dareus, Kyle Williams, Mario Williams. Feel the difference.

I'm talking about for 6'5" WRs. All the "blazing fast" WRs in the NFL are around 5'10ish, it's easier to move. When you start talking about 6'5 guys the standard should and is different.

And just a little FYI: Just because someone doesn't support a decision doesn't mean I'm calling Grigs a fool. Look back to the Draft, everyone was bashing Grigs over the Dorsett pick, and that's something I absolutely can't stand (bashing before thinking) so I made a thread about it. PLEASE find evidence of me bashing Grigson or calling him a fool. If you dare make false accusations again I will not be as calm. This is something I really hate, so I obviously don't like it when someone falsely tries to say I've done it.

He's not 6'5". More like 6'3.5"

Ballard is not recovering from career ending injuries.. he is coming back from an injury that many people have had. Either person won't have a big role in the offense so we might as well put Varga on the PS as he is eligible. He didn't put up major numbers to guarantee him anything. He plays hard, but Ballard does as well.

ACL tear is career ending for most running backs (and yes AP was an exception and the jury is still out on Gurly). Achilles tear is even worse and very rare that anyone comes back from that. I am not aware of any player, never mind RB, active or retired, that has successfully recovered from both. And recovered doesn't mean they are able to walk. It means play at a level anywhere close to what they were before the injuries. I like Vic as much as the next guy but I would never in a million years tie up a roster spot with him. Any able bodied player, at any position is a better use of a roster spot than this. If you think he is going to play anywhere near his previous form and that he is capable of playing better than a healthy Varga or any other NFL back for that matter, you are delusional.     

Ballard, Varga, Price, Toler, Guy are far from safe. The Colts still need two more DL, so it's far from finish. But why we keep talking about Ballard in this thread? I can't understaand that logic: healthy Carter is better than injured Ballard, so Grigson sucks. Why?!

ACL tear is career ending for most running backs (and yes AP was an exception and the jury is still out on Gurly). Achilles tear is even worse and very rare that anyone comes back from that. I am not aware of any player, never mind RB, active or retired, that has successfully recovered from both. And recovered doesn't mean they are able to walk. It means play at a level anywhere close to what they were before the injuries. I like Vic as much as the next guy but I would never in a million years tie up a roster spot with him. Any able bodied player, at any position is a better use of a roster spot than this. If you think he is going to play anywhere near his previous form and that he is capable of playing better than a healthy Varga or any other NFL back for that matter, you are delusional.

First of all if you think Ballard can't play then you didn't watch the last preseason game.. I mean why do you think they decided to keep him. Second of all there are other players who have played well after acl injuries like Jamal Charles and Jamal Anderson.

Like I said .... back to Reading 101!

This is a public forum. This is not your personal page to insult members. As far as I know you are not a GM, coach or a medical expert. If you are let me know in an accepted comment. So far you have not shown the ability to voice your opinion without having an attitude that because other have different opinions than you, you feel the need to insult.

Great, now this first ballot hall of famer can continue to divide colt fans and amatuer GM's on this board, the drama continues.........

Say what? Are we all supposed to 'sing from the same hymn book' being politically correct and never speak a discouraging word?

You are confusing a football forum with North Korea.

Say what? Are we all supposed to 'sing from the same hymn book' being politically correct and never speak a discouraging word?

OR you can acknowledge that the coaching staff and scouts know more than you.

I'll be here holding my breath

Nice strawman.

No one is stopping your from speaking a discouraging word.   And that's pretty much all you know how to speak.

Short of using profanity or insulting a poster,  you can pretty much say most anything you want.

So your North Korea argument is pretty much the same nonsense that you usually spout....   and no one is stopping you.

Carry on........

Another insane thread.

Suddenly Carter is slow, has bad hands, runs poor routes (like anyone here would even know!) and on and on....

All over one bad game....    where, by the way,  he caught four passes.

Such spectacular nonsense,  but it's getting more typical.    Huge overreactions based on very, very small sample size.

Carter didn't make the final 53 because he's not an asset on special teams and Whalen is.    And we need that.

Is Carter a polished kid?    No.    Does he have a lot to work on?    Yes.

But all this Carter hate is simply ridiculous..........

Ballard was running well until he was sidelined by the tight hammy vs the Bengals..... Nothing to do with his ACL or achilles at all.... so........................................... yeah.