Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carter Is Gone.

Indyfan4life

IMO he wont be on the practice squad. I think the Colts are done with him. He cant seem to learn to run a decent route and didn't impress anyone at camp or in pre season games. All the excitement from his signing was for nothing. I could be wrong but it wouldn't be the first time.

Im not advocating or purposefully disagreeing Crazy, but I seem to recall he was THE talk of camp working with the ones? His PS game performance was close to atrocious. I am ambivalent to the cut but do note that I think you're off on the camp talk.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's SLOW, and he's SMALL, and doesn't get desperation. It other words he doesn't get to to many balls he can reach. Also, imo, if he ever played regularly he would be injury prone.

Griff Whalen

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=115107&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

Duron Carter

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89528&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

So, Griff Whalen is slow?!

But he's SLOW, and he's SMALL, and doesn't get desperation. It other words he doesn't get to to many balls he can reach. Also, imo, if he ever played regularly he would be injury prone.

And Carter is SLOW, and plays like he's SMALL, and doesn't get "desperation". He also runs poor routes, wrong routes, has mediocre hands, and plays soft. Also, imo, your last sentence is just dumb and completely unfounded.

Griff Whalen isn't a world beater but he's a good special teamer and can be a reliable receiver if necessary. Duron Carter can't play special teams and isn't close to reliable.

So.... then please help me understand why a injury prone RB who had one good play this preseason made the roster over a young WR who balled out in TC and had a decent preseason

Ballard has played and succeeded in the NFL.

Carter played well in practice a few times.

Please, get real.

Because Carter just ain't good enough, where as Ballard has succeeded in real play.

But.... he's always hurt. I get that Carter is very raw. But I don't get keeping someone who just can't contribute at all cause they're never healthy

I just can't see Vick being on the roster come next Sunday

But Vick Ballard stayed..... something isn't right

Something must be planned

Wait..Ballard is still on the Colts roster right now? I'm not doubting you TK or AC17 who left me with the impression Vick was gone & in all likelihood cleaning out his locker. I'm just confused I guess. 

Alright, I can't put this off any longer. I gotta go watch INDY vs the Bengals right now & see if I think Ballard is done playing for us or not. Be back after I watch the game on my DVR. 

Because Carter just ain't good enough, where as Ballard has succeeded in real play.

I don't get what you're saying about Carter. He was our most impressive player in Training Camp and Ballard hasn't participated at TC since 2012. Also, you're saying Ballard has succeeded in "real play" and I assume you mean regular season games, but Carter hasn't gotten the chance to prove himself which is why this board is mad about this move. Ballard is a shell of himself, nobody comes back from an injury 100% let alone 2 and a current stinger.

Wait..Ballard is still on the Colts right now? I'm not doubting you TK or AC17 who left me with the impression Vick was gone & in all likelihood cleaning out his locker. I'm just confused I guess. 

He's still a Colt. We have 5 RBs at the moment, expect one of them to be gone sooner or later.

Wait..Ballard is still on the Colts right now? I'm not doubting you TK or AC17 who left me with the impression Vick was gone & in all likelihood cleaning out his locker. I'm just confused I guess.

Yes, he's on the 53man roster. So if we played buffalo tomorrow, Ballard would be there. Probably inactive but there

But.... he's always hurt. I get that Carter is very raw. But I don't get keeping someone who just can't contribute at all cause they're never healthy

I just can't see Vick being on the roster come next Sunday

They're freak accident injuries. In theory his repaired ligaments are stronger than prveiously. Obviously he showed something to convince our staff. And also he could just be waiting for his turn in the unemployment line. By next Sunday our roster could be very different. no need for overreactions.

He is 6-5. A lot of people were happy with Hank Baskett (6-4) arrival: deep threat, big red-zone target... The rest is history.

There's no comparison to Hank Basket-case.  Carter is raw but is gonna be a valuable player.

As soon as Old Andre goes down (and he will) Grigs and Chuckles the Clown are gonna be very sorry.

Im not advocating or purposefully disagreeing Crazy, but I seem to recall he was THE talk of camp working with the ones? His PS game performance was close to atrocious. I am ambivalent to the cut but do note that I think you're off on the camp talk.

Shining in camp and then not showing good talent in pre season seems to be a problem. It's no problem disagreeing with me so no need to worry about that. We all have different opinions.

I don't get what you're saying about Carter. He was our most impressive player in Training Camp and Ballard hasn't participated at TC since 2012. Also, you're saying Ballard has succeeded in "real play" and I assume you mean regular season games, but Carter hasn't gotten the chance to prove himself which is why this board is mad about this move. Ballard is a shell of himself, nobody comes back from an injury 100% let alone 2 and a current stinger.

I'm pretty sure most of our starters playing as expected would be the "most impressive player in TC" one drill with backups(and sometimes starters) does not give you a spot on this roster.

They're freak accident injuries. In theory his repaired ligaments are stronger than prveiously. Obviously he showed something to convince our staff. And also he could just be waiting for his turn in the unemployment line. By next Sunday our roster could be very different. no need for overreactions.

They're still injuries. Shelf life for a RB is already short. Pulled the Hammy Thursday. Next time we might not see him on the field again

And PS: It's bones that come back stronger not ligaments

He's not blazing fast. And the only drill he put up big numbers in was the redzone drill. The majority of which was with Matty. Tc studs don't make it in the NFL, often.

http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/100887

This can give you an idea of his short term speed. His burt is un-real. A 6'5" man should not be moving that fast. Saying he's not blazing fast is just untrue. There's a reason why most of his yards come after the catch, he's got moves and is very fast. He's very good after the catch.

There's no comparison to Hank Basket-case. Carter is raw but is gonna be a valuable player.

As soon as Old Andre goes down (and he will) Grigs and Chuckles the Clown are gonna be very sorry.

Why would Grigson and Pagano be sorry? And Carter is gonna be out of the league in 2 years.